It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slap on Rear Gets Chad ‘Ochocinco’ Johnson 30 Days in Jail

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I'm going to have to diverge from the groupthink on this one.

Butt-slapping has no place in the courtroom. Regardless of any disrespect to the lawyer or audience in question, it was a disrespect of the court. You can't just walk into a courtroom and behave as you do on a sports field. There is a standard of etiquette that is expected of anyone in a courtroom, and Ochocinco willingly and humorously violated it. He may as well have said FU to the judge.

The judge was under no obligation to grant him leniency, and to do so in spite of what was clearly an inappropriate and insulting action would have been unacceptable.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

It's like talking to a wall

Nah! It's more like you sticking your fingers in your ears, and claiming that you can't hear me.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by kdyam

You have solved the entire problem. Congratulations! It wasn't a question of disrespect, it was that the judge thought it was disrespect, and, as this thread is showing, hers is a minority but controlling opinion.

Oh, how did you solve it?

I don't even want to know how much he paid his attorney to work us this plea deal, but it sure it a slap in the face to get sent to jail over a slap on the butt, to a person of the same sex.
Any ATSer can tell you that's proof she's a homophobe!
(Sometimes I just crack myself up.)

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by frost47

Butt-slapping has no place in the courtroom. Regardless of any disrespect to the lawyer or audience in question, it was a disrespect of the court. You can't just walk into a courtroom and behave as you do on a sports field. There is a standard of etiquette that is expected of anyone in a courtroom, and Ochocinco willingly and humorously violated it. He may as well have said FU to the judge.

Precisely! There is etiquette and decorum that is expected in a courtroom. People are there for serious business and not to act like a fool.

The judge was under no obligation to grant him leniency, and to do so in spite of what was clearly an inappropriate and insulting action would have been unacceptable.

Not many people are going to agree with you on ATS, but you are spot on here. The courtroom is no place for foolishness.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

I can see three different sides to this, and basically what others have said. First, it is contempt of court, and whether you agree or not they are serious places where jokes and slaps on the butt are not acceptable. It's a simple as that, they are tools of the justice system, not locker rooms.

Second, I do think she acted like a girl with daddy issues and went over the top. A warning would have been appropriate, followed by a contempt of court ruling and a fine. Personally I think she was having a bad day (week, month) and took it out on him because she saw the opportunity.

Finally, America's prison system is simply legalized slavery. It seems that the system is designed to just stack people in there as much as possible and get them making things for the military. It is slave labour, pure and simple. Forget the fear of FEMA camps and the NWO, the US already has its slaves working every day for the big bad government.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
He's a sports player, right? Slapping his lawyer on the butt was similar to shaking hands and saying, "Good job". It seemed to me to be an almost involuntary action for him, to which he didn't expect a response from the courtroom.

Yes, it's not something that should normally happen in a courtroom, but I think the intention of the defendant was to congratulate and thank his lawyer, not to disrespect the court. (He'd be STUPID to do that.)

I think the judge was wrong. Her courtroom laughed and she took offense. She used her power to punish the person that caused the laughter, intentionally or not. JMO.

People in power... I'm telling you - they use it far too much!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused
reply to post by goou111

you are the one person to say you thought he disrespected her

I didn't say that! I said he disrespected an OFFICER OF THE COURT, IN HER COURTROOM.

See ya,
Milt

How the hell is that not the same thing,and why not just answer the question lol

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I honestly think the Bailiff was more in contempt than the defendant... He looked around at the gallery, a couple of times, snickering in what seemed to me to be an encouraging way... The bulk of the laughter came after his second glance toward the gallery, long after the butt-pat was over.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I agree 100% it seemed like just a force of habit for Ochocinco no malice or disrespect at all

Do we not have enough people in jail? It was agreed by prosecuters that his offence did not warrant jail time so I don't know how the hell slapping your lawyers butt and saying good job man all of a sudden makes his offence warrant jail time..

Like we need another guy in jail for 30 days on the taxpayers dime because he congratulated his lawyer..

The judge is not god no matter how much she wants to be..

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I would have thought break probation should have just got the jail time which is the whole point of the system.

The guy in red in the pic posted, on the cell phone (?), why is he not in contempt. Isn't phone usage in a court room disallowed. Rear slapping is a worse offense it seems.

Anyway, I think he reacted toward his lawyer like he typically does on the field after the judge praised his lawyer.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Poor Ocho Cinco, ever since he married that devil of a woman, it's been all downhill for him. He lost his job, lost his reality show, got accused of wife beating and ended up being divorced. Now he had a devil judge throw him in the slammer for butt-slapping his lawyer.

All he wants to do is entertain people, talk to his fans on social media, play video games and never grow up. That devil woman must have put a serious hex on him.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Maybe the judge was just jealous that Ocho Cinco didn't slap her on the behind.
He can slap my behind any time he would like!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by goou111
Hi

Ok I saw this on my local news earlier and just could not believe what a B!@# this judge is

Former NFL star Chad Johnson aka Chad Ochocinco was in court today for a probation violation,and had a plea deal set up with prosecuters for community service and no jail time. Well he slapped his lawyer on the butt saying good job and the judge got pissed and IMO took it way to personally.

Asking him if he thinks this is funny then saying he doesn't take it seriously and throwing out the plea deal and sentenced him to 30 days in jail.

I don't think he meant any disrespect at all, he's a professional athlete and has been slapping guys on the butt saying good job since high school.

This judge is just a power tripping Bi@#$.
edit on 10-6-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

This isn't the first time this idiot has acted up in the same Judges courtroom. And if the guy is so stupid that he cannot tell he is not playing a game so it's not appropriate to slap somebody's butt then maybe a few days behind bars will wake him up.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Come on, man. It's all about POWER. She felt intimidated and felt she was losing the psychological edge in court when the attendees in court laughed so she did a knee-jerk thing by sentencing him to 30 days.

See, from her standpoint, Ocho having the courtroom laugh at his action meant it was no longer a serious issue. He had no control if folks laughed or cried if he raised his hand, slapped a butt or sneezed. I don't think he did it to make anyone laugh. It was as innocent as a fist bump. Oh wait, if he did that, they would have laughed. Maybe she should have asked him to slap her butt instead.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
This is just another case of people thinking celebrities should be given special rights when it comes to the law. This guy broke probation and had acted up in court once before. Anybody else would have already been in jail. This guy was already given a break and he pissed on it.
Chad Johnson gets 30 days in jail

Broward County Circuit Judge Kathleen McHugh said she would tack on an additional three months' probation because Johnson had failed to meet with his probation officer during three previous months. It was all set until Johnson, when asked by McHugh if he was satisfied with his lawyer Adam Swickle, gave the attorney a light swat on the rear - as football players routinely do to each other on the field. The courtroom erupted in laughter and at that McHugh said she wouldn't accept the deal. ''I don't know that you're taking this whole thing seriously. I just saw you slap your attorney on the backside. Is there something funny about this?'' McHugh said, slapping the plea deal document down on her desk. ''The whole courtroom was laughing. I'm not going to accept these plea negotiations. This isn't a joke.''

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma

Come on, man. It's all about POWER. She felt intimidated and felt she was losing the psychological edge in court when the attendees in court laughed so she did a knee-jerk thing by sentencing him to 30 days.

See, from her standpoint, Ocho having the courtroom laugh at his action meant it was no longer a serious issue. He had no control if folks laughed or cried if he raised his hand, slapped a butt or sneezed. I don't think he did it to make anyone laugh. It was as innocent as a fist bump. Oh wait, if he did that, they would have laughed. Maybe she should have asked him to slap her butt instead.

He thought this case was a joke. Guess he doesn't think that now huh? You think being in court for parole violation is a laughing matter? So are you one of these people that thinks because someone played sports they should have a different set a laws? Anybody else would have already been in jail this guy was given one break after another and the Judge finally said enough of this and it was about damn time.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Noooo, when I saw the butt slap, I didn't laugh. It wasn't funny to me. My point is even if he had scratched his head, the folks would have laughed. He had no control over what they did. I am sure he didn't do it for giggles.

Face it, Judge Judy overreacted and wanted to make an example out of him. She can now go to her judge buddies and say "see I sent his sorry celebrity azz to jail. Can you imagine him showing me up in court by having people laugh?! No one laughs in my court!" I can see her being that type of judge.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

bsbsbs Anyone else would not have been in jail... And anyone else that did this in court would not go to jail because not all judges take themselves that seriously

This is a classic case of a judge just being on a power trip, and sees a chance to make a name for herself because she has a celebrity defendant..

She will probably get her own judge show

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Sorry folks, but playing around in a court case (especially a VOP case just as this one) is a bad idea. He already violated his probation and that's why he was in court that day. He was already skating on thin ice to begin with.

He stepped out of line. He got busted for it. He really didn't even get too harsh of time, he got a month.

Sorry guys, we know, you hate government or authority of any type at all whatsoever. But in the real world, when in court, especially when you already screwed up and are trying to keep your butt out of jail for a previous crime you have already been convicted of. Watching your P's and Q's is especially important.

The judge was all set to give the guy a slap on the wrist for whatever he did that violated his probation to begin with. He acted stupid. The judge just showed who was in charge, in a courtroom, the judge is in charge, and they aren't there to play games with you.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Complete BS imo. It's funny how Lohan can fail drug & alcohol tests, fail her probation but continues to get a slap on the hand.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join