It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vetran Power!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Oft maligned, and slighted by the government which used them,they carried the torch loaylly to the end of their commitments to us......
Protecting and defending the US constitution and the country to which it belongs.
A billion thankless tasks, and unlimited hardship endured in the name of freedom.
Many who never returned, and many who have returned to otsracism and distain.....by un caring and unsympathetic fellow citizens.
There are TWENTY_THREE MILLION OF THEM!
They stand as the salt of the nation, the steady hands in battle, and the last line of the defense of America.
VETRANS HAVE CLOUT>
All 23,000,000 of them in unison would rock the washington monument and rering the liberty bell......
These men and women have served with distinction deserve their own voice in the maelstrom of US politics and policies....
The VETs of America could be the salvation of the country if they could somehow unite to form their own political party and agenda.......
Comon guys and Gals, 22,999,000 brothers and sisters in arms linked with you in solidarity and support....the
whole face of the country cold be changed in ONE ELECTION>....
Oathkeepers, and other Vets you could change America back to the way it was when we were free.....
POLITICALLY!
Just start a Party and the vets and their FAMILIES will become a signifigant voting block that could alter American history......
23.000.000Vets
23,000,000 spouses
23,000,000 children....
Thats seventy five million votes more or less......
add the militarys serving voters and the total is staggering.....
What SAY Vets can you unite to save us in the POLITICAL ARENA TOO ?

Regards .........s

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

1st of all, I agree with you - I am an airforce brat - 49 years old - father was career airforce.

2nd - the obozo's didn't even count how many serving military people's ballots last election.

We need to change the way the vote is counted in this country. "Those that count the vote - win the election"

Maybe we need to start having armed gaurds at polling places - just like all the other 3rd world countries out there.
edit on 10-6-2013 by Happy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I am sure the Vetrans of America may be happy to supply them, at least for one election.....maybe paper votes would make for honesty, counted in front of the reps of the candidates.

edit on 10-6-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

But im thinking of a united voice of the vetrans and their families as well as other concerned citizens.....
A new commer on the congressinoal block...a force of votes to be reckoned with.....already the neucleus exists.....

edit on 10-6-2013 by stirling because: (eye spel bad)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

Yeah it's not like the US is a third world country with a despot leader who allows thugs to control voting stations........... er wait.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Vets already KNOW how to ORGANISE....they understand the finer points of tactics and could bring new life to the political process in America....
They at least understand the concept of honour duty country....
The current grafters and grifters inhabitting Washington barely like to come out from under their rocks till nightfall......

I cant understand why the potential of so much change for good is let go to waste in the various vets orgs....they could be so effective en masse....im sure they realise this too.....
If they wont count the Armys votes why should the troops fight??tell why that?

Its a case of theCOUNTRY BETRAYING THE ARMY......

any vets out there?what did you think of that episode?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Many of us are uniting, we have already made our voices heard in forums such as the Colorado recall effort as well as working with Sheriff Cooke and the other 54 sheriff's in Colorado fighting their recent gun legislation. We are making our voices heard everyday in DC with constant telephone calls, letters, and meetings with members of Congress.

Slowly but surely we are getting the voice out there but it is an uphill battle, however we have every intention of staying the course and persevering until we get the tyrannical officials out and replace them with people of virtue, dignity, and honor that will not only honor their oath to the Constitution but also their obligation to the people.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I largely agree with what you are saying, OP.

But it is hard to take you seriously when you can't even spell "veteran".

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

There were quite a few of us that were headed to Philly to stop the NBP's from blocking the polls. We were advised that if we arrived on scene we would be arrested for "acts of violence at a polling station", some of us went and some decided not to. At the time I had just gotten over surgery and was in route from Tx to Philly and was in the Memphis area when I found out that the NBP members had left.

Before last years election another organization I am a member of sent letters to the Chief of Police and Mayor of Philly as well as to the FBI and secret service that those acts would not be tolerated and many of us went. I stayed here and along with about a half dozen other vets, watched the UN "advisors" that were at the polls in Bismarck to make sure they were not interfering with peoples votes. We were welcomed by both the state legislators and the Bismarck PD.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by frost47

Some people cant spell....hell if it wasn't for spellcheck I'd be screwed, it's a problem I've had my entire life. The fact that a person can't spell that great doesn't diminish their argument though.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

If you have something more erudite or pertinent to say and can spelll it better i leave you the floor....
Me, i am not in the best of shape either pysically or mentally at times and forget how to spell some words now and then....i even use the wrong words for things like magetometer reading instead of MRI and stuff....
(did that one at the hospital today....cracked the nurse right up)
But im sure you get my drift.....so go ahead and rephrase the op more magnificently i dont mind.....just get the Vetrans stirred up some more! I already realise they are doing good stuff.....help spread the fever....

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

Bravo!

I wonder - I certainly don't know everyone's polotical leanings - but "Rolling Thunder" - everyone knows who those guys are - do vets, and tea party people have the same leanings?

This couldL be a great third party - consitutional/liberal? leanings? I'm asking and questioning.

I mistakenly wrote "liberal" when I mean "libertarian" = quite the difference there.
edit on 10-6-2013 by Happy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardiver

Some people cant spell....hell if it wasn't for spellcheck I'd be screwed, it's a problem I've had my entire life. The fact that a person can't spell that great doesn't diminish their argument though.

No, poor spelling does not diminish his argument.

It does make him seemingly less credible and easier to dismiss by those who might be on the fence regarding what he is trying to argue.

If arguments were about substance and not style, we would be living in a very different country.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I sincerely think that the timing is right for this....the people will stand behind their vets....perhaps the trust issue with professional; political hucksters is non ressurectable......
The national flavor of an all veteran politcal party could be a refreshing change from the same old owners owning the presidency term after term......regardless of party flavour.

new topics

top topics

join