It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: 'We Don't Want to Tax All Businesses Out of Business'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
If companies have the money to outsource then they are not being taxed out of business they are only outsourcing to increase profit margin. Obama has enacted quite a few tax breaks for small companies but the huge multinational corporations get out of paying taxes on billions.

Agree completely. I sat in a meeting where the VP of a fortune 500 looked me straight in the eyes and said exactly that, "it's about profit." Then he outsourced our group which was about 400 employees across 3 different regions. Only 18 of us survived that drive for profit.

This same company is still mentioned every time any government in the world screams about corporate tax evasion. That said I would move any hard assets of my company to the Camen Islands as well to avoid what is going on here.
edit on 10-6-2013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

Edit - OP it almost sounded like BHO was giving a subtle threat to any of the republicans in attendance.
edit on 10-6-2013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by Ex_CT2

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by neo96

Facism.

Maybe it will end the same way for obozo as it did for mussolini.

Whoa!! Too graphic for me....

I couldn't help but picture it in my head.

Michelle was there too.

Holy S*** guys!

Believe me I take a backseat to no one in my tireless hatred of tyrants--and of course the woman behind every great tyrant ... or however it goes ... but there are lines ... oh, who am I kidding?

Oh well. If we already all weren't on "that" list, we're on it now....

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yeah, Fascism.

Maybe Charlie Manson was right.

Maybe that's why they will never let him out of prison.

LOL

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
I think it is absolutely impossible for any truth whatsoever to come out of this administration.

Without getting into the Kansas City Shuffle (google it, Lucky Number Slevin scene that ISN'T on youtube) can you honestly say the previous administration, or any other for that matter, was really any different? You seem to be descending into bipartisan distractions as so often happens here, instead of seeing the bigger picture. The bigger picture? That is that both parties, or all parties are playing the same game regardless of who is voted in, voted out, flavour of the month, in office, out of office, etc, etc yada yada yada?

Personal disclosure: ATS political threads suck because people invariably focus on the minutia.

Put differently, where do you think the strength of the pyramid is? At the top (Obama, Bush, et al) or the (albeit) faceless bottom? Shiny capstone is where most people think, and they are, imho wrong. And so the story keeps continuing, time after time, page after page and nothing ever changes except a bunch of whinging and whining (no reference to you good Sir!) on various internet fora.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Yeah well this is the administration that campaigned on 'hope, and change' that was a rallying cry against 'government run amuck'.

Only fitting that people hold them accountable.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by neo96

Don't worry ol buddy, you can't tax them out of business. They just migrate overseas.

edit on 10-6-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

Too broke to scape up the steerage space for a tramp steamer to American Samoa,
might as well try to ride out the typhoon of tarpon tails here.

And Neo, this is turning into an administration where upside down rhetoric versus the
already documented results is becoming the new normal. I'll have a double sodium fluoride,
maybe some of the afternoon will go away. NOT
It's starting to sound too much like Kathy Bates in "Misery".."Just one more, sweetheart."
I say careful with that sledge, Regina

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Not only are both parties playing the same games.

Nothing has really changed at all for centuries except technology, governments of whatever type they may be always take advantage of their citizens, always have and always will.

There has been one major change in the last 100 years, and that is duping people into believing they are free, granting them the resources to maintain themselves and their families in an unfair trade for their time and sweat.

It's more efficient, self maintaining slaves who think they are free when they are not .

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Here is how much difference what Obama says really makes.

Penhallow v. Doanes Administrators (3 U.S. 54;1L.Ed57;Dall.
54) defines governments succinctly:

"Governments are Corporations." Inasmuch as every government
is an artificial person,an abstraction, and a creature of the mind
only, a government can interface only with other artificial
persons. The imaginary- having neither actuality nor substance-
is forclosed from creating and attaining parity with the tangible.
The legal manifestation of this is that no government, as well as
any law, agency, aspect, court, etc. thereof, can concern itself
with anything other than corporate, artificial persons and the
contracts between them.

Now go figure how you became artificial.
edit on 10-6-2013 by MyHappyDogShiner because: typo

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

How ridiculous this is, he said these things in California of all places.
In the (previously) Golden State, regularly there are ads on the radio
from Governors Texas, Idaho offering to accept business fleeing
California. Between Moonbeam Brown, Feinstein, and Boxer the state
is a lberal haven. And we know how they think....tax tax tax....spend spend spend..

Orwellian doublespeak, thats what this is.

Taxed into oblivion is more like it.
edit on 10-6-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

"I know that there are a few Republicans here in the audience," Obama said Friday at a fundraiser for the Democratic Senatorial Campaign in Palo Alto, Ca. '"If you talk to us, it turns out we're pretty common-sense folks.

"If you talk to us, it turns out we're pretty common sense folks."

Um, really? Kind of what some would expect a king or queen to say, Like, "if you get the nerve up to talk to us, you will see that we are really just people too"

"We don't think government can do everything," he said. "We don't think that top-down solutions are the right way to go. We believe in the free market. We believe in a light touch when it comes to regulations."

"Top down"?... "Top down"?

Sounds rather imperialistic to me.

Yeah, he's slipping and letting his true self shine through.

"Let them eat cake!"

Geez
edit on 11-6-2013 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Obama: 'We Don't Want to Tax All Businesses Out of Business'

I'm sure that they leave the 'Green Companies', that their left wing buddies are heavily invested in, alone. A lot of those companies are on the hairy edge of being wiped out and the only thing keeping them going is the continual propping up by the Obama Administration. THAT is a major conspiracy ....

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Well, he doesn't want to tax ALL business. Just the ones he doesn't like.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

reply to post by neo96

Don't worry ol buddy, you can't tax them out of business. They just migrate overseas.

edit on 10-6-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

All these companies have to do is move their headquarters out of the country for a small amount of time and then they have to pay no taxes. Many of these corporations get out of paying taxes on billions.

Don't blame them. I would do the same thing.

If they want to do this to the country they used to grow their companies then they should be treated a foreign corporation and be taxed like one.

Greed, absurd appetites of taxing and deficit spending by government caused this. Massive corporate taxing is their solution for more and more. And corporations have had enough. You see the same thing on the individual level as well. There is mass migration from heavy taxes states like California and New York to states without income taxes such as Florida, Nevada or Texas.

The lesson that should be learned from this is high taxes drive away companies and individuals, restrict investment, and tighten job growth potential and low taxes invite companies and individuals. Sad that the governments don't greatly lower taxes instead of raising them higher and higher on those who stay behind to try and cover the budget shortfalls of the ones who left.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Instead of all this crybaby whining...learn about and use the system. The information is on the www. and the platforms are readily available. Perhaps time spent on ATS whining about the way things are going to hell, could be better spent in research and implementation of a plan to improve your personal financial situation. Just a thought....

Look for opportunities in this economic environment. Look for trends and capitalize on them.

I have made some fantastic investments with startups in the last few months, and they are paying off very nicely.

Am I an opportunist, an entrepreneur, a capitalist, a businessman, a retailer, a producer of a product, and employer? Yes I am and damn proud of it. I also work for other entrepreneurs helping them to realize their dreams.

If you are unhappy with the current situation; stop with the lame complaints and get to work. Don't be afraid to , get an LLC, start a business, For Christ sake....America is still the Land of opportunity for those with ambition, drive, and not be afraid to get your hands dirty with good honest WORK.

Start here....

www.business-opportunities.biz...

btw, I expect to pay my fair share of taxes to be able to use the fantastic infrastructure needed to prosper in America and internationally for that matter.

edit on 11-6-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

I agree Obama should stop whining, and actually learn the system.

Second agrees with the first.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

reply to post by olaru12

Nobody supports Obama anymore. He has broken to many promises to have any credibility.
But your obvious hatred of the man has become obsessive and imo unhealthy. Don't you think it's time to start rebuilding with a positive attitude, with suggestions for the Change that Obama let us all down on; Minus the agenda driven rhetoric. Do you even think it's possible for a spirit of cooperation to help repair the American Dream. I do!!

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

reply to post by olaru12

Nobody supports Obama anymore. He has broken to many promises to have any credibility.
But your obvious hatred of the man has become obsessive and imo unhealthy. Don't you think it's time to start rebuilding with a positive attitude, with suggestions for the Change that Obama let us all down on; Minus the agenda driven rhetoric. Do you even think it's possible for a spirit of cooperation to help repair the American Dream. I do!!

That must be largely rhetorical. A quick glance around ATS shows you many people of the man's worshippers are still clinging on for dear life.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

You sound like a carpet-bagger after the american revolution in the south.

Obviously you must have an "in" - do you run one of those losing green companies - and can write everything off in taxes, and then get a bonus for cleaning the no de-funct plant up?

obozo is not done destroying this country of ours. and some of us have morals.

It's going to be a realllly bad 2 or 3 and a half=years before obozo takes his leave - or gets impeached - or just plain goes away.

I can see that the democrats and the rhinos are in complete "nudging" mode to keep the destruction of our country in full swing.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Yeah well this is the administration that campaigned on 'hope, and change' that was a rallying cry against 'government run amuck'.

Only fitting that people hold them accountable.

Hmm, held accountable? Like the way the top guy resigns, his position is filled by a new guy and then it's business as usual again? Where is the being held responsible part?

In another scenario, disgraced CEO of company resigns, new guy gets appointed and promises better behaviour, then it's business as usual again. I just don't see anyone being held responsible at all these days. Maybe I'm just disillusioned though.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join