It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: 'We Don't Want to Tax All Businesses Out of Business'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

CNSNews.com) - President Barack Obama says Democrats "don't want to tax all businesses out of business."

www.cnsnews.com...

Oh really!!!

"I know that there are a few Republicans here in the audience," Obama said Friday at a fundraiser for the Democratic Senatorial Campaign in Palo Alto, Ca. '"If you talk to us, it turns out we're pretty common-sense folks.

'If you talk to us, it turns out we're pretty common-sense folks' !!!!!!

Thanks Obama I needed that laugh all things being what they are.

"We don't think government can do everything," he said. "We don't think that top-down solutions are the right way to go. We believe in the free market. We believe in a light touch when it comes to regulations."

I can't stop laughing because of how utterly ridiculous those comments are.

Taken a good look at his 'light touch' in the past 5 years?

Pick your topic, Pick your 'scandal'.

I think it is absolutely impossible for any truth whatsoever to come out of this administration.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Facism.

Maybe it will end the same way for obozo as it did for mussolini.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Pick your topic, Pick your 'scandal'.
How exactly does "scandel" fit into the meaning of the Thread?

I thought it was about Taxes and Business.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by neo96

Facism.

Whoa!! Too graphic for me....

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

The quoted excepts are about a whole lot more than 'taxes, and business'.

Or is someone trying to argue for the sake of arguing really this is rather self explanatory to those who have been paying attention to the last 5 years.

'"If you talk to us, it turns out we're pretty common-sense folks.

"We don't think government can do everything," he said. "We don't think that top-down solutions are the right way to go. We believe in the free market. We believe in a light touch when it comes to regulations."

First off for those who do have common sense a free market only exists with the absence of government interventionism.

Then that 'light touch' of regulations is BS considering 2000 page healthcare bill, and with every other multiple thousand paged bill that comes out of Washington.

And the fact is that business has been taxed out of business that leads to outsourcing among other well know examples of that 'light touch'.

edit on 10-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Scandal.

When the gov't picks favorites amongst businesses...... or tax-exempt 501.c charters..... or who's e-mails the gov't is reading..... or who gets an exemption from obozocare.....

Scandal.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Scandal.

When the gov't picks favorites amongst businesses...... or tax-exempt 501.c charters..... or who's e-mails the gov't is reading..... or who gets an exemption from obozocare.....

Scandal.

I would say that billions blown on 'green failures' would be a scandal that were paybacks for Obamas backing.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Don't worry ol buddy, you can't tax them out of business. They just migrate overseas.

edit on 10-6-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Did he really say "we believe in the free market"??

6,000 regulations last year!! We can't even decide what light bulb or toilet we want to buy. Haha

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by neo96

Don't worry ol buddy, you can't tax them out of business. They just migrate overseas.

All these companies have to do is move their headquarters out of the country for a small amount of time and then they have to pay no taxes. Many of these corporations get out of paying taxes on billions.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

reply to post by neo96

All these companies have to do is move their headquarters out of the country for a small amount of time and then they have to pay no taxes. Many of these corporations get out of paying taxes on billions.

Don't blame them. I would do the same thing.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

And the fact is that business has been taxed out of business that leads to outsourcing among other well know examples of that 'light touch'.

If companies have the money to outsource then they are not being taxed out of business they are only outsourcing to increase profit margin. Obama has enacted quite a few tax breaks for small companies but the huge multinational corporations get out of paying taxes on billions.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

Don't blame them. I would do the same thing.

If they want to do this to the country they used to grow their companies then they should be treated a foreign corporation and be taxed like one.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Thats because most multinationals make the bulk of their wealth offshore so the US government can't touch it.

People miss that fact, and it's like me saying New York is entitled to California's money hence the word Mutli-NATIONAL.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I think it's worth noting that if the United States didn't have the highest Corporate Tax rate in the world? We may not have business scrambling by all means possible to survive the crushing weight. Those who can, cheat it. Those who cannot, barely make it.

World Corporate Tax Rates 2006-Present

We get what we create as a nation for a business climate. When it's made as hostile a climate as regulation can allow it to be? It shouldn't come as a surprise when the Internationally capable go international about it to escape. This is one of those moments that show higher tax rates DO have a point of diminishing returns and there IS a threshold where all the higher rates passed will do nothing to slow a sliding level of revenue.

Idiocy on a policy level.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2

reply to post by neo96

Facism.

Whoa!! Too graphic for me....

I couldn't help but picture it in my head.

Michelle was there too.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

This is one of those moments that show higher tax rates DO have a point of diminishing returns and there IS a threshold where all the higher rates passed will do nothing to slow a sliding level of revenue.

This is true, but something that always gets left out is the fact that business doesn't get to print it's own money,

Fiat currency plays a key role just as much as those other things what the average person, and the small business and multinational are all in the same boat:

That dollar doesn't go as far as it use to.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

The defeats the whole purpose then no? When the State presents a tax (or regulation) that will cost a business more than it is worth to operate within the current environment, they will seek either to close shop (smaller businesses) or move to a better climate.

This didn't start with President Obama, but he sure hasn't helped it along (or maybe he did; depends on your point of view). The State has been the picker of "winners" and "losers" for quite some time. That isn't free-market, that is.....anyone? Anyone want to take a stab on what the system is called when Government and Business colludes to manipulate the market?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Well, if you tax consumers to the point that they forgo purchasing some things, those businesses that supply those things they no longer buy will go out of business regardless of how little tax you charge those businesses.

Businesses get breaks on the cost of power and water, while the little guy on the street makes up the difference by getting charged about triple what businesses do, and most businesses squander it.

Licensure, registration, insurance are all TAXES, that have a transaction tax attached to the purchase of them on top of that, and you don't have to be a genius to figure out why it's getting so difficult to make ends meet for a lot of people.

Who cares what Obama says, he has no real idea what the hell is going on down here, but he really needs to understand that business won't thrive if the people are broke.

If the people don't have money to do business with, business doesn't get it either and goes away.

It also needs to be noted that it says he said he doesn't want to tax ALL businesses out of business.

Which means he has no problem taxing select ones out of business.

Hmmmm, certainly sounds like "Free Enterprise" to me, but only for the select few.

Why does nothing ever change?.

I don't quite understand why it's so hard to understand this, like societal retardation or something here in this country.

Maybe the retardation starts at the top, and "Trickles Down".
edit on 10-6-2013 by MyHappyDogShiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Happy already called it what it is fascism, but then again when the potus, and his party are deeming corporate products human rights: healthcare,education, homes that is collusion.

Then there is that 'tax the rich, and those successful business's' so the less fortunate can go out, and buy more corporate products.

This country has been fascist a very long time starting with FDR all the way to the current potus.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join