It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For all you fans of good music, Its not about genre, its about the message.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
If anything just listen to the songs in the thread, let me know what you think of them.

Remember a few years ago when we thought Hip Hop was dead? Sure we there where still good rappers, but nothing new . nothing like what the likes of Wu Tang, KRS-one and Tupac where. Plus the good ones where all underground. I believe the industry was flooded with #ty rappers because the industry realized the power of Hip Hop, They tried to make it about getting rich and who has got the biggest chain, while it is really about spreading a message and uplifting minds, KRS-one's music probably being the best example of this.

Well now I feel real Hip Hop is coming back.

I now introduce the Beastcoast movement.

These group of rappers are trying to do what Bob Marley tried or rather did do. Change the world with positive up lifting movement. There are 3 different rap groups which are part of the movement , The Underachievers, Pro Era and Flatbush Zombies . These guys music WILL get you high, there lyrics, beats and vibe are just amazing.

Here is one song by the Underachievers

This song is a masterpiece, give me shivers every time I listen.

Give this interview a watch If you'd like to know more about them

A member of Pro Era killed himself in December, Capital STEEZ, this is actually how I found there music through him, I honestly believe that's why he killed himself. In one of his songs he says "Im trying to be a nice guy, but stars only shine in the night sky". He knew people would start listening to his music when he was dead, he had a plan , his music is heavily symbolic, he was supposedly a master at Astral Projection, able to do it every night. I'm not sure how to put it but there is something about this guy, his music and words give me shivers, here's a few of my favorite songs by him, look for yourselves and let me know what you think...

"# the limelight I already shine bright"

Another Member that really stand out is Joey Badass, his guy lyrics are just pure poetry, Probably one of the best rappers that has ever lived up these with Tupac and Krs-one, his wordplay is crazy, you need to listen to his songs while reading the lyrics, there honestly beautiful. Heres a few of my favorite songs by him.

"I'm a beast with these flows
Two birds, one stoned, you get geese’d when trees rolled
They say I'm evil cause I trained my ego to see gold
Cause he know, seagulls couldn't see these goals, please"

This song is just a masterpiece no other word can describe it...

I typed this quite fast, kinda like blabbered but in text from , so no hate lol I only want to share this amazing music. I want everyone to listen to these songs and let me know what they think, I cant be the only one that feels there music is , well completely amazing..

edit on 01/04/2013 by Psych3d3licPsych3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I honestly would rather poke my own ears out with a skewer.

Now, just listen to some good heavy metal. I mean, real good honest gut wrenching hardcore stuff.

It's message can sometimes be lost in the noise, but honestly, give it a go!

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Ill check these out thanks. I also like J. Cole too who's a college grad.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Send me some songs and I will give them a listen

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by cass1dy09

J. coles pretty good, good lyrics i like lost ones, amazing song

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Psych3d3licPsych3

Those are all actually really good.
Thanks for sharing your finds.

I will return the favor and toss out some Del to up the ante::

This one's really old but it really show's Del's mad skillz:

Deltron 3030:

This one's uber, Virus:

And here is one of his newest one's from last summer that I thought was furious:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Yes amazing! It's funny you're from Ireland but you know what's good here lol

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
I honestly would rather poke my own ears out with a skewer.

Now, just listen to some good heavy metal. I mean, real good honest gut wrenching hardcore stuff.

It's message can sometimes be lost in the noise, but honestly, give it a go!

I like anything with talent and ingenuity.

I don't just pick a genre, I am open to a vast array of things.
But at the same time, I dislike more than half of anything from any genre.

How does the saying go? Don't put all your cds in one case?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I NEED DELTRON EVENT II!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay now that I got that out, @OP - Joey Bada$$, The Underachievers, ProEra, Flatbush Zombies, etc. don't really appeal to my tastes. Most of the newcomers in hip hop just aren't doing it for me. I'm more of an experimental/alternative/avant-garde hip hop fan.

Have you heard of Milo?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Those songs are amazing , that virus one is the #.. I wanna devise a virus, to bring dire straits to your environment
crush your corporations with a mild touch, trash your whole computer system and revert you to papyrus. god damm
As soon as he said I wanna devise a virus the way he said it the song had my attention haha.. Thanks man , You gave me some good music to add to the ole Ipod

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by cass1dy09

haha if its good music ill certainly find it:p most people over here my age are listening to ymca inall and I'm just sitting there in my car pumping onyx full blast lol

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Nacirema

No not yet but I'm about to give him a listen

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I tried the Mahdi for 50 seconds. Couldn't understand a word they were saying. That's okay though. I love this song and can't pick out the lyrics in it either.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nacirema

I NEED DELTRON EVENT II!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay now that I got that out, @OP - Joey Bada$$, The Underachievers, ProEra, Flatbush Zombies, etc. don't really appeal to my tastes. Most of the newcomers in hip hop just aren't doing it for me. I'm more of an experimental/alternative/avant-garde hip hop fan.

Have you heard of Milo?
Same here Naci, I'm checking out your suggestions now. Here's one I like;

OP- I pride myself on the fact that I can find something I like in any genre of music. I listened to your vids and I have to say the "posture" of some of the lyrics is a little off putting for me but thank you for the exposure none-the-less. Star & Flag for turning me on to something new.
edit on 10-6-2013 by tanda7 because: eta

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Give the other ones a listen. What the hell is she even saying hahaha

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

I tried the Mahdi for 50 seconds. Couldn't understand a word they were saying. That's okay though. I love this song and can't pick out the lyrics in it either.

Ok my occult symbolism alarm just went off, haha.

I heard her say 'illuminate' while the 666's and spider web/net had me trapped in Zeus's bolts.
*Dun dun dunnnnn*

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

You guys have to remember there all only like 18,19 years old they don't care about money or fame so I don't believe they will sell out, so really they can only get better.

For the first 20 secounds of that Ironish song I didnt know what was going on lol

What you guys think of tame one?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
If you wanna figure the lyrics out for music:

1) Best bet, find them written by those who already know.

2) Let's say you're on a desert island without Net, but somehow got the disk player working. Than rewind it and listen again, closer, flow with it, become it. Then you shall hear it.

Hah, I'm just joking about 2, you gotta find the lyrics if you can't figure it out. Otherwise you are just assuming randomly which fails at least a third of the time.
edit on 10-6-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Psych3d3licPsych3
reply to post by tanda7

You guys have to remember there all only like 18,19 years old they don't care about money or fame so I don't believe they will sell out, so really they can only get better.

For the first 20 secounds of that Ironish song I didnt know what was going on lol

The reason selling out is a sure-fire way to ruin your art is because the record industry top dogs will stipulate in the contract they have full ultimate control over what they publish, etc etc. Essentially ruining it.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

rapgenius.com does a good job of going into great detail on lyrics , usually has full paragraphs explaining one sentence in a song haha

Yous guys are bound to like kendrick ?

Five star dishes food for thought bitches

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join