It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if we find out taking extra Vitamins cause you to age and die faster?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by survival
I do not own a car, bicycle everywhere (currently ~4500 mile/year), & practice acrobatics (tightrope/juggling), & I believe I get the vitamins I need from the foods I eat.

Hey, that's how humans survived all these years through history! Well not with bikes but they exercised daily.

Looks like someone out there is still keeping it real.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
From Centrum women's ultra multivitamin

Other Ingredients: Calcium Carbonate, Magnesium Oxide, Potassium Chloride, Pregelatinized Corn Starch, Dibasic Calcium Phosphate, Ascorbic Acid (Vit. C), Microcrystalline Cellulose, Ferrous Fumarate. Contains < 2% of: Acacia, Beta-Carotene, BHT, Biotin, Boric Acid, Calcium Pantothenate, Calcium Stearate, Cholecalciferol (Vit. D3), Chromium Picolinate, Citric Acid, Corn Starch, Crospovidone, Cupric Sulfate, Cyanocobalamin (Vit. B12), dl-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate (Vit. E), FD&C Blue No. 2 Aluminum Lake, FD&C Red No. 40 Aluminum Lake, FD&C Yellow No. 6 Aluminum Lake, Folic Acid, Gelatin, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Hypromellose, Lecithin, Magnesium Stearate, Manganese Sulfate, Medium-Chain Triglycerides, Modified Food Starch, Niacinamide, Nickelous Sulfate, Phytonadione (Vit. K), Polyethylene Glycol, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Potassium Iodide, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vit. B6), Riboflavin (Vit. B2), Silicon Dioxide, Sodium Ascorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Metavanadate, Sodium Molybdate, Sodium Selenate, Sorbic Acid, Stannous Chloride, Sucrose, Talc, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vit. B1), Titanium Dioxide, Tocopherols, Vitamin A Acetate (Vit. A), Zinc Oxide. May also contain

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
placebo. The safest most effective human additive on the planet.

I try various supplements from time to time. Sometimes I forget to take this or that and it's then that I realize it isn't making a big difference.

Now, getting new supplement and trying it for the first time? I notice the effects immediately.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
It's extremely difficult to find a supplement without magnesium stearate--this is a lubricant used in production that actually inhibits absorption.

Now what is the point of taking a supplement if it contains ingredients that inhibit absorption??

Clean supplements do exist. You might have to spend 10-15 minutes reading labels, even at the most reputable health food stores. It's such a challenge to find pure things.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

That's making the assumption that the body is getting -all- basic nutrients. In all of the caloric-restriction diets, the test subjects are fed the full list of micro-nutrients.

Many/most people do not get all of hte micro-nutrients. Sure, they get more than enough calories, but to live optimally you need all of the nutreints (and many times in the right combinations).

The real test isn't starving yourself, ti's getting the micro-nutrients.

I think the average person on the american diet has to eat enough to be overweight in order to get enough micronutrients. Once you're obese, the benfits are overpowered by the negatives of too much weight. But if we as a nation could get our micronutreitns more efficiently, we could probably cut our waistline. This would mean that our bmi could go down while still living just as long.

Japan has one of hte lowest national bmi's in the world and is #1 on life expectancy. To me, this means they're getting more micro-nutrients per calorie than most others do. What you need to keep in mind is that most of the other nations with bmi's similar to japan are poor and have low life expectnecy. This is because they're not eating food packed with nutrients. They're probably eating too many staple foods like rice or potatoes but they're not getting a completre diet.

France is another example of a country with a low(er) bmi that has a high life expectancy.

The US has the 2nd highest bmi in the world and is #33 on the life expectancy list. Denmark has a very similar life exptency as the US, but its bmi is lower. Again, more efficient.

Interestingly, Kuwait has the same life expectancy as the US and has the highest bmi of all.

NOTE: The lowest bmi for any nation is about 20. The highest is about 29. Japan is about 22.5. France is about 24.5. Denmark about 25. The US is about 29.
edit on 12-6-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
What if it turns out that artificial preservatives are preserving us and extending our lives?
It could happen.
www.youtube.com...
edit on 6/12/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Nice outside the box thinking, Phage.

"Oh, she looks so well-persevered. What could her secret be?" "Butylated Hydroxyanisole, of course."

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Vitamins are generally beneficial, but do watch out for when Pharma whack aspartame in the kids Vitamins. Pharma want your kids sick, they want us all sick, that's when they profit

top topics

<< 1   >>

join