It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US spy leaker Edward Snowden 'missing' in Hong Kong

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by FrankLY

You would think that they would hold something back for insurance.

It's been stated several times that there's more to come, and more serious revelations too.

Glenn Greenwald ‏@ggreenwald 9 Jun

Clapper: leaks "literally gut-wrenching" - "huge, grave damage" - save some melodrama and rhetoric for coming stories. You'll need it.

That suggests there's a lot more to come, and I think a lot of it is going to enrage Americans. What would the American public think if the NSA had been targeting war vets on their return to the US? Or targeting journalists? Or monitoring political parties and governments around the world?

You only need to see the data slide released showing that Germany was a target for the US intel, so why would that be exactly? What possible reason could the NSA have for monitoring the communications data for Germany?

I have a gut feeling that the NSA and Obama are about to be revealed as having used the Prism program to monitor economic data, foreign governments including allies, politicians, banks, private businesses, and all for an economic and political gain.

Of course, American's wont give a f about that as much as they will if returning soldiers have been deliberately targeted for monitoring.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by joshsmith99
I found this anonymous video calling for a petition to pardon Edward Snowden.

Please spread this video and sign the petition!

edit on 11-6-2013 by joshsmith99 because: (no reason given)

That petition is about as useful as the ones where they want to secede from the union. If you think a petition means anything it doesn't

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by DaMod

everything he 'leaked' was publicly available i read.

this is all a charade.

None of this was "publicly available." Please post a source for this.
Even members of congress have said they hadn't heard about it.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I'm with the hopes he chose to " Disappear" himself rather then someone actually getting to him. By that I don't mean suicide, I just hope he changed his identity and went MIA on his own terms. It's a shame this is probably the best course of action for him to take right now

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TritonTaranis
Hopefully he's being hung for treason

Second line
Funny world we live in where the person exposing the treason is more likely to be tried for treason than the people that he exposed committing the treason.

Things sure are upside down these days...

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Second line
Funny world we live in where the person exposing the treason is more likely to be tried for treason than the people that he exposed committing the treason.

Absolutely!

We'll see how things play out next week when BHO has that meeting over in Europe. From the newest Guardian articles Germany, Italy and others are pretty pissed about this.
edit on 11-6-2013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013

reply to post by FrankLY

You would think that they would hold something back for insurance.

It's been stated several times that there's more to come, and more serious revelations too.

Glenn Greenwald ‏@ggreenwald 9 Jun

Clapper: leaks "literally gut-wrenching" - "huge, grave damage" - save some melodrama and rhetoric for coming stories. You'll need it.

That suggests there's a lot more to come, and I think a lot of it is going to enrage Americans. What would the American public think if the NSA had been targeting war vets on their return to the US? Or targeting journalists? Or monitoring political parties and governments around the world?

You only need to see the data slide released showing that Germany was a target for the US intel, so why would that be exactly? What possible reason could the NSA have for monitoring the communications data for Germany?

I have a gut feeling that the NSA and Obama are about to be revealed as having used the Prism program to monitor economic data, foreign governments including allies, politicians, banks, private businesses, and all for an economic and political gain.

Of course, American's wont give a f about that as much as they will if returning soldiers have been deliberately targeted for monitoring.

WOW...

Seriously, you may be on to something.

What I can only imagine the repercussions something like this might have across the this rock. Can you imagine China, Russia, North Korea being told that all of their communications was monitored by the USA??

This would deal some serious damage across the globe and make a lot of countries mad at the USA who's already walking on tin ice.

It might also just be something to keep our minds busy while they're planning their new "gig"... Who knows...

edit on 11-6-2013 by FrankLY because: mispelled

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bassago

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Second line

Absolutely!

We'll see how things play out next week when BHO has that meeting over in Europe. From the newest Guardian articles Germany, Italy and others are pretty pissed about this.
edit on 11-6-2013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

Germany must be wondering what the hell is going on. According to the leaked info they are the most spied on European nation. I wonder why that could possibly be the case? It wouldn't happen to have anything to do with all the meetings over the € chancellor Merkell has been having, would it? The NSA wouldn't be using their spying apparatus to monitor the communications of the leading economic broker in the Euro-zone in order to find out what decisions are going to be made before they're announced, would it?

No, surely not, it must just be that Germany is a hot bed of radical Islam

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The Chinese want to 'talk' to him and then the Russians, and maybe then some Islamic countries. If he makes it back to the US alive, he will be a changed man...

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013

Germany must be wondering what the hell is going on. According to the leaked info they are the most spied on European nation. I wonder why that could possibly be the case? It wouldn't happen to have anything to do with all the meetings over the € chancellor Merkell has been having, would it? The NSA wouldn't be using their spying apparatus to monitor the communications of the leading economic broker in the Euro-zone in order to find out what decisions are going to be made before they're announced, would it?

No, surely not, it must just be that Germany is a hot bed of radical Islam

By jove, you've got it! Obama's going to tell Merkell he's trying to keep tabs on all the Muslim extremists hanging out in Berlin. This is going to be hysterical.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastStarfighter

That petition is about as useful as the ones where they want to secede from the union. If you think a petition means anything it doesn't

A video like that so well produced, and you all still think that ANONYMOUS, are a bunch of kids playing a hacker game? A video that type need's a qualified team to produce, with skills to do so! Dam you all so naives. I work on multimedia for almost 10 years, and i will need some time to come up with something like that! When will you people ever wake up?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Well, I hope he made it to Iceland, or some other country will to give him shelter......or we will find out he had a heart attack or the shot himself 7 times suicide.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Or he fell down a lift shaft and landed on 7 bullets lol

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I just had to chime in to say I really admire what this guy has done. It took a lot of guts! I hope his disappearance was his own doing.

Hopefully he has the means to stay out of sight for a long time. Heck, I'd even throw a few bitcoins his way if he needed it
I think we all should support him however we can.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by user12345

Originally posted by LastStarfighter

A video like that so well produced, and you all still think that ANONYMOUS, are a bunch of kids playing a hacker game? A video that type need's a qualified team to produce, with skills to do so! Dam you all so naives. I work on multimedia for almost 10 years, and i will need some time to come up with something like that! When will you people ever wake up?

Valid observation.

That is not definitive proof that the producers were a US alphabet agency (or even a foreign power). Who's to say Anonymous does not have some very powerful private backers with access to a studio and staff?..

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
According to an interview Glenn Greenwald did with Amy Goodman on Democracy Now he knows the whereabouts of Edward Snowden but is not going to disclose that at this time.

I'm sorry but I'm not sure how to embed the video here so you'll have to watch it there. The video interview is 48 minutes long so you'll have to fast forward to around the 46 minute mark to hear him say that.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I thought the safe thing for him to do was to go to Iceland and ask for asylum BEFORE the disclosing the information.
I really don't know why he chose to do it this way.
I also hope this gives other whistle blowers the courage to follow in his footsteps!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 4down1togo

Dont forget that he is probably very valuable to some of our quasi-enemies. I think it will be a race to who can get him first.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I read yesterday he checked out of his hotel. He is so precautious I would say he is on his way it Iceland (or wherever he wanted to go).

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

reply to post by MidnightTide

Or he fell down a lift shaft and landed on 7 bullets lol

I still miss Carmine the Bowler.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join