It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US spy leaker Edward Snowden 'missing' in Hong Kong

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Looks like the EU is demanding assurances that the rights of its people have not been infringed on also.

www.bbc.co.uk...

If anything the whole sorry mess is at least confirming what we on ATS knew already.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Is he on his way to Iceland? just gone on the run or has someone got to him?

I really feel sorry for this brave guy, he has seen something wrong and told us about it.
I just think he will be found and put in jail, but dude If you read this many of us are 100% behind you.
A question for all of you...would you whistleblow If you found something big out like this? I would like to say I would but I would fear for my family so TBH Iam not so sure.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

I would blow the whistle, but I would NEVER under any circumstances have revealed my identity. That is just plain crazy. Is he brave? Yes. Is he foolish for coming forward? Yes. The only thing I can figure is that if he had not come forward it may be easy for the FedGov to sweep this under the rug and say that it is a "conspiracy theory", but when a credible person is attached to the leak then that is much harder if not impossible.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
but when a credible person is attached to the leak then that is much harder if not impossible.

And thats why he gave his idenity so people would not just shrug him off as some conspiracy nut makeing things up.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

The sh*t is on is way to hit the biggest, fattest fan the world has seen in many years...

The United States stated that if China does not comply with their requests, they will have to review their policies with Beijing. The EU has started questioning USA...

I wonder what Canadian officials has to say about that. You know, by being the United States "best friends", I'm sure we won't have to wait very long until they publicly state that they're behind USA and will work with them.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
there is another whistle blower David manning being held in solitary confinement for being a patriot. we need to support both of these freedom fighters!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by FrankLY

I agree you can bet that many countries are mighty miffed about all this, it is upto the American people to do something about this, but I fear they will just sit on their arses and do nowt.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacejosh
there is another whistle blower David manning being held in solitary confinement for being a patriot. we need to support both of these freedom fighters!

I'm sure you meant Bradley Manning

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Hopefully, this will wake a good portion of the American people and make them realized what the United States has been doing for the past 100 years.

Maybe this is what the world needs to put things in order but, like you, I have my doubts.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

LOL. .. .

If it was publicly available then why is the Government Steppin' and Fetchin'

He gave them 'ol boys a swift kick right in Nutter Center. Now they are running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

I would blow the whistle, but I would NEVER under any circumstances have revealed my identity. That is just plain crazy. Is he brave? Yes. Is he foolish for coming forward? Yes. The only thing I can figure is that if he had not come forward it may be easy for the FedGov to sweep this under the rug and say that it is a "conspiracy theory", but when a credible person is attached to the leak then that is much harder if not impossible.
There is another side to coming forward.

If the whistleblower remained anonymous, no one would know if he was 'black bagged'. It would be a lot easier to avoid publicity if he disappeared or died.

Coming forward may just be his final act of whistleblowing. He obviously knows that he has just put a giant bullseye on his back. I believe he came forward to make sure that, when that day comes, people see what the gov't does to dissenters.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Snowden may in fact be false-opposition. I watched an interview the other day where he stated China is a more liberal and free speech oriented system, hence his flight to Hong Kong. Make a hero, demonize the US, and glorify China.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by aboveandbelow

Snowden may in fact be false-opposition. I watched an interview the other day where he stated China is a more liberal and free speech oriented system, hence his flight to Hong Kong. Make a hero, demonize the US, and glorify China.
Hong Kong is extremely liberal and is very pro free speech.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by aboveandbelow

You must've watched the wrong interview.

In the interview I saw, he said that he is very well aware about human rights violations/Censorship etc. in China, however pointed out that HONG KONG has a history of free speech where it's easier for people to voice their opinion, as opposed to China - although (of course) Hong Kong is part of China.

I really want to see that interview and hear the quote because only a retard would say that China is a "liberal and free speech oriented system".

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by FrankLY

The sh*t is on is way to hit the biggest, fattest fan the world has seen in many years...

The United States stated that if China does not comply with their requests, they will have to review their policies with Beijing. The EU has started questioning USA...

I wonder what Canadian officials has to say about that. You know, by being the United States "best friends", I'm sure we won't have to wait very long until they publicly state that they're behind USA and will work with them.
As I understand it, China does not get do choose what Hong Kong does. Hong Kong is fairly autonomous. the only place they and China are really one and the same is when it comes to the military.

Why would the US review their policies with Beijing, when it is Hong Kong that is making the call?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I'm with you on this. I believe it would make absolutely no sense for the USA to review their policies with China/HK but i share the same views as some political analyst:

US analysts, however, argue that China will likely bar Hong Kong from turning Snowden to American authorities in response to numerous previous cases in which Washington has granted asylum to Chinese opposition figures. They further warn that if China refuses to extradite Snowden to US, a major rift in Washington-Beijing ties would be likely. Meanwhile, American press reports indicate that Snowden has disappeared from the hotel in which he was staying in Hong Kong following reports of active US measures to seek his immediate extradition.

PressTV

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

US spy leaker Edward Snowden 'missing' in Hong Kong

www.bbc.co.uk

An ex-CIA employee who leaked details of US top-secret secret phone and internet surveillance has disappeared from his hotel in Hong Kong.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 10-6-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

China requires all there hotels to report foreign nationals to the police. Its routine. He is not missing. China knows exactly where he is since they assisted with having his video sent to the world.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Could there be more than one source??

BuzzFeed Politics

Glenn Greenwald, the Guardian writer:

“But people often take risks, and incur great self-sacrifice, in order to fight against pernicious threats and to achieve public good. That’s what this source(s) is doing.” Asked if “source(s)” meant there were multiple people leaking the documents to the Guardian, Greenwald said “I’m just not comfortable right now saying if there’s one or more than one, so I left it deliberately ambiguous.”

I'm just wondering if someone else went and talked to the press?

This is a crazy story. I'm also wondering what kind of information is being held by The Guardian and Mr. Snowden...

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FrankLY

You would think that they would hold something back for insurance.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Hopefully he's being hung for treason

Second line

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I found this anonymous video calling for a petition to pardon Edward Snowden.

Please spread this video and sign the petition!

edit on 11-6-2013 by joshsmith99 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join