It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US spy leaker Edward Snowden 'missing' in Hong Kong

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

US spy leaker Edward Snowden 'missing' in Hong Kong

www.bbc.co.uk

An ex-CIA employee who leaked details of US top-secret secret phone and internet surveillance has disappeared from his hotel in Hong Kong.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 10-6-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Is he on his way to Iceland? just gone on the run or has someone got to him?

I really feel sorry for this brave guy, he has seen something wrong and told us about it.
I just think he will be found and put in jail, but dude If you read this many of us are 100% behind you.
A question for all of you...would you whistleblow If you found something big out like this? I would like to say I would but I would fear for my family so TBH Iam not so sure.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Right when this story broke I new that it would be only a matter of time till he disappeared or committed suicide...

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
Right when this story broke I new that it would be only a matter of time till he disappeared or committed suicide...

or got new name and a thanks
EA*RTH and its many mind activities...
edit on 6/10/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
China has a new asset,maybe.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Is he on his way to Iceland?

This would be my guess. They just granted asylum; plus, it's a more Western culture

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I'm starting to wonder if he was ever really in Hong Kong. I mean, he had to know people would come looking for him. What better way to buy yourself some time/space than to send the spooks on a goose chase if you can. The guy IS/WAS a NSA/CIA spy after all...

There's no telling whats going on anymore.

Snowden's life has just become something right out of "Bourne Identity" or "Enemy of the State".
edit on 10-6-2013 by Heliophant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Is he on his way to Iceland?

This would be my guess. They just granted asylum; plus, it's a more Western culture

Oh really? When did that happen? The only thing I have read is one legislator has stated she will help him. Nothing about political asylum being officially granted by the country of Iceland. Link please.

Plus Iceland has a extradition treaty with the USA that would have to be broken if he is charged criminally in the USA and not returned.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I would imagine even if he were in Hong Kong when that video was filmed, he was long gone before it was released. Hopefully he has money as well as trusted friends.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
considering some may want others to know things and so devised .... to share and then no more there AS SHARE is done... Again who knows who has others & his best interest and theirs in mind..

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
He probably just moved to another hotel to get the press off his tail. He is evidently in trouble since he told the truth and the NSA told a lie. How is that okay?

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

They're screaming for his blood in Washington . Demanding no one give him asylum .
I hope he got away ,dyes his hair ,has a nose job ,and lives happily ever after on a carribean island on the beach .

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by PtolemyII

Exactly!! This is a shocker because why? My only hope is that CIA didn't find him and take him to a covert prison somewhere where he will never be heard from again. Leakers seem to becoming out of the woodwork in the last couple of years....hope the trend continues. And I hope they live to tell the story.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordDerpingtonSmythe
China has a new asset,maybe.

what would his intentions be if so to share data"
Too further allow other systems to Oversee.

In short why would he share tech. intel. data if the knows it will only further cause more observations from other systems especially if he dislike observations. It seems his intelligence background may have influenced his trip to HK.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Wasn't all this PRISM stuff publicly available long before he leaked it?

sounds fishy to me..

Why would he reveal his name, stay in a Hong Kong hotel under his name... ?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
If he doesn't surface again, this story will simply fade away like the dozens of other stories that should command the public's long-term attention, but don't.

Just another day...

Wonder what's on TV or my Facebook page?

edit on 10-6-2013 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Oh my God. Someone kidnapped him. If China has a new asset, that is much better than if the U.S. broke international law and took him. Jesus. If that were the case, we are more #ed faster than I thought.
edit on 10-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I knew they where going to disappear him.

Maybe he is just a part of the psyop sideshow?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I suspect he will turn up dead somewhere along with Julian Assange and some others who chose to defy a national government over its secrets. He may have even already been tried and sentenced to death in the secret court of the Department of the President. It appears to be a risk worth taking for their sake but I guess it doesn't matter whether they get them with poison, a drone or an unfortunate so called accident. They're just as dead and for what? My best,

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
LOL. Yeah sure. Quick star and flag this thread.

Don't think that this story smells to high heaven

Hell it took them at least 2 days to identify the 19 hijackers.

You cannot believe this story. How long you been around alternative media???

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join