It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Dangerous Weather Possible for the East Coast

page: 1
5

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Dangerous Weather Possible for the East Coast


www.noaanews.noaa.gov

In its 2013 Atlantic hurricane season outlook issued today, NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center is forecasting an active or extremely active season this year.

For the six-month hurricane season, which begins June 1, NOAA’s Atlantic Hurricane Season Outlook says there is a 70 percent likelihood of 13 to 20 named storms (winds of 39 mph or higher), of which 7 to 11 could become hurricanes (winds of 74 mph or higher), including 3 to 6 major hurricanes (Category 3, 4 or 5; winds of 111 mph or higher).

These ranges are well above the seasonal average of 12 named storms, 6 hurricanes and 3 ma
(visit the link for the full news article)


Related News Links:
www.youtube.com




posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I am posting this to make sure the news gets out there and just to remind people of things to come with climate change. I honestly think, this may be the worst set of Hurricanes the east coast has EVER seen. Anyone who knows anything about NOAA, knows they are equipped with the best meteorologist in the world. Before I go, I am going to leave a link for everyone to see. If you are interested in seeing some of most current crazy weather all around the world.

www.noaanews.noaa.gov
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 10-6-2013 by mindlessbrainpower89 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
A few reasons we've had record seasons is we are now able to track every storm thanks to satellites and hybrid systems are given names now. I don't buy that we'll have the worst season ever because of climate change. I do think the NorthEast US will be vulnerable for another hit this year based on where the Bermuda High has set up.

The water temperatures aren't crazy warm for this time of the year, I do expect an active season but certainly not a record breaking season.

I'll even go on a limb saying we may be having more active hurricane season due to weather manipulation. It is probable that the US government has been trying to weaken hurricanes to minimize land impacts. If they are successful in weakening a storm then there will be extra energy left over in the tropics because tropical systems are essentially heat engines that bring that energy to the upper latitudes. When energy is left over there is more potential for more storms.



posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
This doesn't surprise me. I'm not meteorologist or any other type of weather expert but I've been saying for the past several years we are going to be getting more storms on the East Coast and especially an increase in ones coming up to the Tri-State area. You could just see a general trend in storms coming up the coast. Almost every year there would be some indication and sure enough we got that storm last year. I only expect it to get worse.



posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Dangerous weather is always possible for anywhere.

Yeah, there's going to be bad hurricanes this year and some will undoubtedly get near the Eastern Seaboard, but the title sounds like an imminent prediction or weather forecast.



posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The NOAA's predictions are a farce. Every year for the past 10 or so we have been told here in Florida to watch out and we will have 10 or more storms hit us. BS. All this does is raise our home owners insurance rates and change the building codes to where every day people are now having to move out of Florida cause they cant afford to live here. Meanwhile we havent had a major storm hit us in some time. And for those of you that havent lived here, no tropical storms (like the one we just had) arent considered major storms in Florida, they are like snow days for ya'll northerners cept we dont get the day off lol.



posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
And, speaking of the U.S. East Coast...

A severe weather outbreak is taking place right at this moment...

www.weather.com...

Things should continue to get interesting as the season continues.



posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
A few reasons we've had record seasons is we are now able to track every storm thanks to satellites and hybrid systems are given names now. I don't buy that we'll have the worst season ever because of climate change. I do think the NorthEast US will be vulnerable for another hit this year based on where the Bermuda High has set up.

The water temperatures aren't crazy warm for this time of the year, I do expect an active season but certainly not a record breaking season.

I'll even go on a limb saying we may be having more active hurricane season due to weather manipulation. It is probable that the US government has been trying to weaken hurricanes to minimize land impacts. If they are successful in weakening a storm then there will be extra energy left over in the tropics because tropical systems are essentially heat engines that bring that energy to the upper latitudes. When energy is left over there is more potential for more storms.


Not a bad hypothesis. We will see when the fat lady sings.



posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I just rototilled my garden. This has been quite a "no summer" Tomorrow I will plant, two weeks behind schedule. Planting before the ground warms up enough is a waste, nothing grows. Big difference from last year.

Climate change is real but global warming is not
Not unless they exclude Yooperland. They just had to rescue someone who dove off the rocks into Lake Superior, the cold water zapped the strength out of the girl. Four kids dove in after talking to the person watching the park who warned them that the water was too cold to dive in. Kids never listen, I suppose they tested the water by shore, of course the shallow water will be warm.

They have Hurricanes on the Ocean, we just have dumb teenagers here for excitement



posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by iunlimited491
And, speaking of the U.S. East Coast...

A severe weather outbreak is taking place right at this moment...

www.weather.com...

Things should continue to get interesting as the season continues.


Nice update! I love your signature by the way.



posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
I just rototilled my garden. This has been quite a "no summer" Tomorrow I will plant, two weeks behind schedule. Planting before the ground warms up enough is a waste, nothing grows. Big difference from last year.

Climate change is real but global warming is not
Not unless they exclude Yooperland. They just had to rescue someone who dove off the rocks into Lake Superior, the cold water zapped the strength out of the girl. Four kids dove in after talking to the person watching the park who warned them that the water was too cold to dive in. Kids never listen, I suppose they tested the water by shore, of course the shallow water will be warm.

They have Hurricanes on the Ocean, we just have dumb teenagers here for excitement


I totally agree with your comment about climate change and global warming. Where do you live again? I was too lazy to check, forgive me. I am not an expert on geography either.



posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mindlessbrainpower89
 


We are in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.



posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I'm in NJ. Honestly, I don't think my home can take another one. Thankfully, I rent.



posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse
 


Hmm.. Thats a place I haven't heard much about unless I have been completely ignorant to natural events going on in Michigan?



posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
I'm in NJ. Honestly, I don't think my home can take another one. Thankfully, I rent.


New Jersey did definitely get hit pretty good last time around. A tornado just swept through MD not too long ago. It's crazy how close it came to hitting my wife's parents house. Whew!



posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by mindlessbrainpower89
 



Many people in Lower Michigan do not know much about this part of the state either, to them Northern Michigan is the upper part of Lower Michigan. The only thing that connects us to Lower Michigan is a bridge. If the bridge crumbles than we can become a new state I guess.



posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I believe we are in the peak of the solar maximum as well, which could add some interesting pressures to the atmosphere. Hopefully everyone will weather the season okay!



posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starcrossd
I believe we are in the peak of the solar maximum as well, which could add some interesting pressures to the atmosphere. Hopefully everyone will weather the season okay!


Solar storms definitely affects the weather here on earth depending upon how strong the storm is. It's kind of ironic when it comes to the relationship I have with meteorology and astronomy. What I mean by this is, I love to see these huge storms happen but, the devastation they bring can be beyond horrific. So, I kind of fear hurricanes, tornados, earthquakes, and any other type of natural events but, I respect them too.

People may think I am crazy when I say this but, I wouldn't mind seeing an asteroid hit the earth.
I know, I may seem heartless to some people but, what I think of this is how awesome it would be, to be one of those people to experience an asteroid while possibly surviving it. Though, I would have to survive the echoing effects an asteroid would have on the earth as well.

So, the odds would be against me but, if there is a WILL, there is a WAY.


edit on 11-6-2013 by mindlessbrainpower89 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mindlessbrainpower89
 


To add a little evidence to that hypothesis, the last storm to make landfall in the US with an intact eyewall(where the strongest winds are in a hurricane) was Wilma in '05. (correct me if I'm wrong). It seems that many very strong hurricanes in the last decade loose their eyewall before making landfall including Katrina. Just a theory...but there has been a lot of talk about how to weaken hurricanes and one popular theory is disrupting the eyewall.

Weather modification and weather experiments have been going for a long time.(see project Storm Fury Any current experiments would have to be kept secret to avoid any fallout and lawsuits if something went wrong. Lets say you can prove that Sandy was a storm they attempted to modify but got out of control, then whoever was responsible for the modification could possibly be responsible for the damages the storm caused.

Just a throwing the idea out there with no proof of anything.



new topics

top topics



 
5

log in

join