It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, NSA, Verizon and DoJ are being sued for $3 billion in a class action lawsuit over PRISM scand

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by gazzerman

this article might be of interest to you:

www.foreignpolicy.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Nine Companies Tied to PRISM, Obama Will Be Smacked With Class-Action Lawsuit Wednesday
www.usnews.com...

Klayman Lawsuit #2 includes: AOL, Apple, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, PalTalk, Skype, Yahoo! and YouTube.

It just registered with me that Freedom Watch was formerly Judicial Watch (or is just affiliated with it).

Lawsuit #1 (subject of post) was amended to be a class action suit. I guess that was what you were discussing yesterday. I just missed reading the link. Rand Paul, threw down his support, happily.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

That's the thing.. make who pay? They are playing with someone elses money. I think rather than pay out people sshould lose their jobs. If you pay yo are just stealing more from the tax payers.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Do you know the exact second you are infected with a terrible disease?

If you can't understand the damage done to the average citizen then you're intetionally ignorant of it or legitimately a little slow. It sets a precedence against citizens forever. Continuing with a virus metaphor if youcactth something that removes antibodies you might not notice until later something worse takes advantage of you in the same way except this time causes great damage. The only reason the second disease could effect you at all is because of the first virus even though it didn't appear to do any damage at all.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by gazzerman

Because of the way the information is physically being collected, it is not likely to be hackable, and the security surrounding the databases is likely much more difficult to bypass than a normal system. Even so, it is a concern.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ImagineAlldaPeople

Obama has not been using "gov't lawyers" to hide his past - he's paid millions of his own money to keep his past secreted away.

That's why I'm saying - don't go after the gov't - go after the individuals who knowingly broke the law, even while working at the gov't - to spy on others.

These INDIVIDUALS and Companies should be paying out - not the gov't.

BAH, obozo, and the rest that ok'd this criminal activity, knowingly.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Hey, look here. I understand that we need to find out what terrorists are dong in our own country. That does not give the gov. the right to stalk everyone else, jack.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dianec
This doesn't go past page 1 for me. It could have been made by anyone. It's on a site called scribb? Never heard of it.

Think of it as YouTube for books and documents. Plenty of legit postings on Scribd.

If the suit is real I'm wondering if it is symbolic more than anything. And even if it is proven to have been against the constitution, I am wondering why the suit is filed on a personal and professional level?

By its terms, Section 1983 imposes liability without defense on state and local officials who, acting under color of law in their individual capacity, deprive plaintiffs of rights created by the Constitution and federal law. Nevertheless, the Supreme Court, drawing on common law, created absolute immunity from liability for some government officials and qualified immunity for others. Absolute and qualified immunity were developed to protect officials from lawsuits for actions relating to their official duties. The Court explained the underlying rationale for immunity:

Absolute immunity bars any action against officials in the conduct of their office even for actions taken maliciously or in bad faith. Absolute immunity focuses on the governmental function being performed and the nature of the responsibilities of the official, not on the specific action taken./130/ In deciding whether officials performing a particular function are entitled to absolute immunity, courts generally look for a historical or common-law basis for the immunity in question./131/ With one exception, absolute immunity is restricted to those persons performing judicial or legislative functions.

federalpracticemanual.org...

Perhaps someone familiar with this sort of thing can chime in.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by aboveandbelow

A massive divestment and boycott campaign must be taken against the offending corporations. Alternative telecoms must be established for free and private communication.

Ding Ding Ding Ding!!! We have a winner!!
Though it will be very difficult to interconnect people as the telecom companies have done already. The people's Internet, run by normal folks.
A MESH project?? Get the 'radio geeks' involved and we'll figure it out.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by nvprose1

Thats what you get when you have contracting companies, geeks and poindexters recommending 'better ways' to perform analysis on the vast volumes of data
Once the capability is proposed, someone will approve and fund it too
The budget has to be utilized after all every year

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

You know even if we had to pay for this class action suit with taxpayer funds, it would be one of the most well-spent money. Definitely worth it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join