It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEF on ATS Live to Atheists: Shut Up and Go Away!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

Ok, i despise any Organized group, that has an ultimate agenda based on a unprovable being?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by intrepid

I used to, but stopped.

Maybe if "ATS Live" took the same approach to conspiracy claims as "The Atheist Experience" radio show does to religious claims then it would be palatable.

Rarely is a claim put to the type of scrutiny it deserves.

So basically you're upset that someone said something about your beliefs then?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I have to say I've listen to that segment a couple of times now and I honestly can't figure out the problem. He stated his opinion on the topic and his stance is nothing different than what I've read on ATS coming from other groups.

We all get tried of different groups hyping themselves and pushing their agendas on us. Sounds to me, that's where he was coming from.

I for one support everyone that was on during that segment. They were the one's that were brave enough to be heard.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
If you have a problem with Christianity your free to change into another religion at the price of not returning.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Im tired of people making claims and the host placing a funnel in their mouths and letting the callers shovel what ever they want in it.

The request for proof to support claims is non-existent. Its great for a metaphysical circle jerk.... not so good for "Denying Ignorance".

You should listen to the other radio show I referenced and notice the stark difference in how the show is constructed and operated.
edit on 11-6-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

In which case why beak here instead of calling in and having a discussion on it? Or is outrage easier?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

Ok, i despise any Organized group, that has an ultimate agenda based on a unprovable being?
That sounds much better.

From the syntax angle of the phrase.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Heh, i think if it was a normal member, it would have been block under"decors and manners" etc....

I think people mainly offended that a mod on ATS told atheist to shut up and go away..

As you can see, it has a different effect.

I see Nef's post before and i know he is an atheist but.... since i can't see the clip, im not sure if he directed it at AA or all Atheists on ATS...

I really hope this gets corrected and fixed. Last thing i want is the small amount of atheists in this site slowly leave.

i cannot stand the bible robots....i personally think logic and reason is what keeps some parrots from spam posting.. but if that's gone..some forums would be just full of bible verses.
edit on 6/11/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

I tend to agree with you actually and think building monuments to one's religion, or lack thereof, especially on a courthouse( or any other government institution ) is wrong.

But I am a proponent that faith or lack of is a deeply personal issue and not meant for public displays such as these.

I actually have no issue with building monuments of any kind unless they are designed and intended and used specifically as a device of chaos. To me, both monuments are symbols of appreciation and recognition. There's nothing wrong with that. It's like wearing a shirt or displaying a poster or putting a plaque on a wall. I do, however, feel that perhaps the intentions of this atheist monument have been misconstrued somewhat, to the point that even a fellow atheist misunderstands the purpose of such a gesture.

Or it could be that I have misunderstood it myself - and that the monument is indeed not-so-covert catalyst in a perpetual war against freedom of religion. The circumstances certainly suggest it. But circumstances do not define us or our actions, they only lend evidence to the interpretation of such.
edit on 11-6-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I did listen to the show, but I had other business to take care of about halfway through or so. I'm not whining, I'm casting my ballot in the suggestion box. "If you tell one of us to shut up and go away, you gotta say it to EVERYONE - yes, even Springer"
Hmm,thats sound like next you will have to call the mothman,whatever that means.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Hmm,thats sound like next you will have to call the mothman,whatever that means.

Do at least try to make sense, Piequals. From where I'm sitting, you are posting for the sake of posting, and not because you have anything worth contributing. Thank you and good day.
edit on 11-6-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Closed for staff review....and to allow emotions to cool.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

I haven't heard the clip but I've read all 8 pages. This was directed at "overly aggressive(no religious connotation)" atheists. Like Christians here slag Westboro.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Just to clear something up.

ATS Live Radio is run by Semper and myself under a licence to use ATS material.

We are T&C friendly but there is an obviously huge difference between a live radio show and posting on ATS. It being live, in real time, without the benefit of edits.

As GAUTO has pointed out earlier in the thread, I did not direct a remark directly at any member, because that would have broken the T&C. What I did was express an opinion on the subject matter, which is an entirely different thing altogether.

I also don't remember any complaints from the OP when I've said similar about Westboro, or about Islamic fundamentalists, or people who believed the world was going to end on 21st December last year - so I assume this is simply a personal belief matter. It certainly is not, however, some sort of conspiracy against atheists - otherwise I'd be conspiring against myself.

As for the drama queens who don't listen to the show but wish to offer a critical opinion on what we do, here's a simple challenge - go out and do it better. Volunteer your time, pay for your own software to do it, invest countless hours in figure out how to make it all work and then get up at 2am every Saturday night for the next three years and put a show on, and I'll be as critical as you are regarding your efforts, while you are slamming your guests for not conforming to your point of view all the time and then are expecting them to give up their free time, unpaid, to come back again for more of your wonderful hospitality.

For the actual live listeners online every week, those who listen on the KGRA repeat and the couple of hundred who download the shows via Spreaker and ITunes on a weekly basis, thanks, and I'll talk to you Saturday night

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join