It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEF on ATS Live to Atheists: Shut Up and Go Away!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Atheists don't have a god to kill for.
Of course they kill for pleasure.

With leisure...

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Good. Atheists are better partiers anyway.
Like in the ancient Rome?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by intrepid

I would like to thank everyone here for an entertaining thread. Let's see if I got this straight. Someone said something on ATS Live and the members here, most of which don't listen to the show, get bent out of shape and insults fly. I'm sorry but that's funny. Pettiness thy name is ATS.

To be fair, not once did I throw an insult. I explained my position and feelings in the matter and then focused on individual posts. I would like to also add that there appears to be a fine line between "someone said something" and "this post has been removed for a violation of T&C's etc".

Does ATS' T&C apply to the radio show? I don't know. Seems like a separate entity but I don't know.

Point being, even if you don't feel particularly bothered, doesn't make it any less bothersome to those who do feel bothered. If a you didn't feel bothered by the murder of a fellow man, does that make his death less wrong?
edit on 11-6-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

Do you listen to the show? If not why does it bother you? My beliefs get bashed here daily. You don't see me whining.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Does ATS' T&C apply to the radio show? I don't know. Seems like a separate entity but I don't know.

Why wouldn't it? Is there any special reason that an affiliated program would be exempt from the standards of its affiliates? Ohio and Kansas are a part of the same country, but one will be allowed to practice racial discrimination while the other prohibits it. Screw logic, that's why.

Do you listen to the show? If not why does it bother you? My beliefs get bashed here daily. You don't see me whining.

I did listen to the show, but I had other business to take care of about halfway through or so. I'm not whining, I'm casting my ballot in the suggestion box. "If you tell one of us to shut up and go away, you gotta say it to EVERYONE - yes, even Springer"

Anyway! Just offering my insight. Hopefully, I won't be told to...erm, shut up. Or to go away.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Thank you for that intrepid. I've been following this thread now for a bit...

ATS Radio itself would be a seperate entity of it's own. Do you listen to the radio? If you don't like something your hearing on AM or FM stations do you change the channel?

As broadcasters and interviewies??? I killed that spelling my apologies... That is there opinion. Should we T&C them and ban them from being on ATS live??? Hardly IMO.

How can you? ATS Radio is for discussing the topics LIVE. Next time you hear something you don't like, call in and VOICE YOUR OPINION. You have that privelage

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I can see it now... A live session is going to be 404'd for breaking T&C... This could be legendary, but I understand where your going....

As in the Chat Voyeur function here T&C does apply and that is live chatting at the same time...

I take back what I stated... This should apply just the same. Even though I do believe it's a seperate entity. It's like a sister affiliation to ATS and should be held to the same standards that all ATS members abide by.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

If the radio doesn't have terms and conditions, then why does ATS? There is regular interaction between a four or five person party with drop-ins over Skype or by phone. Obviously, there's rules. And if it's an affiliate of ATS, then whose rules do you think they're using? I can't just dial them and start flinging F-Bombs like water balloons. Decorum and civility. They either disconnect the violator or block them. And they would probably restrict or ban future access from that phone number or IP. Same way they handle trolls here.

I'm not worried about the atheism jibes. Now I'm concerned over the apparent lack of T&C's involved in the radio show.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Now I'm concerned over the apparent lack of T&C's involved in the radio show.

Why?

Secondly there is no logic to that. Disney is family friendly but they affiliates that are not.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Yea, after I read your initial reply to Intrepid befor this one, my POV changed and feel the same way.

If we have to abide by the T&C's and be politically correct all the time so should all affiliated correspondences of ATS, be it ATS LIVE / Thread Discussions / Chat Voyeur / u2u.

I say we put it up in the board discussion thread.... Actually they should just move this to that and rectify this...

edit on 11-6-2013 by sulaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

This has nothing to do with Rome. Stop playing the fool or stop replying to my posts. Choose one and stick to it.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

But are they branded as Disney? Unlike ATS and ATS Live same name just live.

So wouldn't it actually make sense?

Maybe i'm on the fence... I see both sides.... I can't decide.... I need help... Help me Tom Cruise... Help me Harpo~

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Luckily your mother didn't beleive in abortion. For many humans alive today, they exist because of what you call the the far right right religious influence on doctors. Its strange to want to kill your own offspring, and its evil.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Why?

Secondly there is no logic to that. Disney is family friendly but they affiliates that are not.

Of course there's logic. There's civility and then there's money. Unless you guys are in it for the money, I don't see what you're comparing yourself with businesses like Disney for. They expand their business to include a wider range of consumers, with obvious results.

Is that what the radio is? A way to let your hair down and not have to worry about respecting your fellow members or show hosts?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
This thread now has me wondering just how many atheists are only taking the road
less persecuted ?

Glass jaw ?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LastStarfighter

Luckily your mother didn't beleive in abortion. For many humans alive today, they exist because of what you call the the far right right religious influence on doctors. Its strange to want to kill your own offspring, and its evil.

So animals are evil? Because they often eat their own offspring.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

This has nothing to do with Rome. Stop playing the fool or stop replying to my posts. Choose one and stick to it.
Oh sorry about that,but I thought you like to party just like you said.

Because Romans use to give the greatest parties for atheists.

But,well then...my bad.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Oh come, you guys whine about stuff you don't like personally, all the time, often abusing your mod powers in the process.

Not surpised that "nef" would say something like that.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

A way to let your hair down and not have to worry about respecting your fellow members or show hosts?

Oh spare me. Most bitching here are not even listeners. Just butt hurt atheists with an ax to grind. Or those that would jump on any thread that bashed the site or staff.

link   
We have opinions and we take the time every week to speak them on a live internet radio show.

You have opinions and if yours is different than ours, you can call in or use skype to debate us about those opinions. Or use this method I suppose but it's hard to hold a debate on a topic you want to disagree with us on in a thread as anyone can reply as well and things kinda get muddled along the way. I disagree with nef in so much that I think that these people have every right to what they do I just think it's rather ironic that these groups are behaving very much like the religious groups they fight against.

I want to clarify something as well for everyone crying over the T&C. Nef never addressed a single member. He did not say, "Hey ATS member xxxxxx, your stupid now shut up and go away." He did say( paraphrasing ), "Hey fundamental, militant Atheists, shut up and go away." How is that different than lets say discussions on the WBC here on ATS? Plenty of people say I wish these people would shut up and go away and those posts are not removed. The first would be against the T&C, the second is not.

Also as pointed out by Nef himself in this thread, he is an Athiest. Much like many Christians who shout down the actions of the WBC, he's an Atheist shouting down the works of a group that he doesn't feel represent Atheism well.

link   
reply to post by randyvs

This thread now has me wondering just how many atheists are only taking the road
less persecuted ?

Glass jaw ?

Or maybe we've decided that martyrs are sooo 1st century...if ya know what I mean.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join