Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

NEF on ATS Live to Atheists: Shut Up and Go Away!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Even worse in my opinion seeing as how that implies that you see nothing wrong with the other sign.

Thanks for clarifying your stance.

However

That pretty much proves the point in the sign you posted of promoting hate and calling it love.

Hey if the shoe fits and it certainly seems to.
edit on 10-6-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

Even worse in my opinion seeing as how that implies that you see nothing wrong with the other sign.

Thanks for clarifying your stance.

Sigh.

Kindly point out where I said that I "see nothing wrong with the other sign." Hint: look at the post right after the post that had that picture in it, along with this post I made earlier in the thread:

ATS Live doesn't hate atheists. Several of them just find evangelical atheists boring and annoying, just as most people do (and I find evangelical ANYTHING to be boring and annoying.)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I heard someone say " why would you attack a religion that's all about love" or something like that. Aetheists are always sounding destructive or pissed off or they got something to prove a chip on their shoulder or something. There comments come off as a rude step child's or something. I am an agnostic and lived a long 29 years and met all kinds of people in real life, but aetheists here on ATS are rude and always think they are right. Some threads they just break into. I made a thread joking about the religious vs the aetheist menace and its filled with pessimistic angst and hate it seems sometimes. Why would any one be happy about disproving an ideologically.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I'm surprised this thread hasn't been closed....

Just listened to OP's clip....Come on Nef
not a very classy segment....

(I am Christian BTW)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

All I said about the other one is that it was no better and was also addressed by Nef's comments.

I'll buy it that the closing comment was meant for the American Atheist guy, but as far a "billlboards", the words inscribed on the atheist monument are not harsh or anti-Christian at all. There is nothing offensive on that monument.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Do you think that this thread is violating ATS T&C's. Or do you think that it's just an inflammatory subject?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

All I said about the other one is that it was no better and was also addressed by Nef's comments.

I'll buy it that the closing comment was meant for the American Atheist guy, but as far a "billlboards", the words inscribed on the atheist monument are not harsh or anti-Christian at all. There is nothing offensive on that monument.

My only complaint about the monument (apart from it being boring and annoying, lol,) is my usual complaint of atheists hijacking Thomas Jefferson, who was a Deist, not an atheist. Theism forms the core basis of his Declaration of Independence -- inherent rights granted by a creator is not a concept consistent with atheism.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

both, but I am in agreement with OP

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I find the radio hosts can be very opinionated regarding normal members threads and posts (which i dont mind) but when they get a 'famous' guest on they agree with just about everything they say no matter how ridiculous.

I stopped listening to ATS radio for that reason.

edit on 10-6-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I say that maybe you should do a part 2 series and give them a chance to give you the unsolved answers you are looking for.

They might bite, and it would make for a great sequal.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

In all fairness, I rather enjoy the ATS Radio show. I hate to admit it, but I've only started as a regular listener here recently and wish I'd picked up the habit a lot sooner. I especially find it interesting when they get a little testy in debate among themselves, as it sounded this last show on a topic.

With guests though? Again, to be fair here...ATS Radio isn't a clear channel station with national syndication and a captive audience or anything. If they give a guest the Jones or Savage treatment, they may find calls hard to get returned for having another one on any time soon that doesn't know them all personally. Gotta go along to get along sometimes and those worthy of having probably have pretty big egos sometimes. Just my guess on that.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by windword

Well with the sheer amount of religious people in America your going to have to understand the majority of people are going to be coming to ATS for biblical bull****.

You have to expect a "for profit" site like ATS to cater to the religious idiots because its best for their bank accounts. The same goes for nut jobs of all shapes and sizes.

If ATS was truly about Denying Ignorance they wouldn't have a conspiracy website for long.
edit on 10-6-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

I think your right, America is extremely fundamentalist compared to other developed nations. Moderators are just a susceptible to ignorance as any other member.

Any radio show is going to appeal to their target audience, so allowing a domination of opinion in favor of Christianity without a balance with voices of opposition is expected. Almost every radio show does it.

Perhaps this thread will make them re-think who their audience is and what they what they will tolerate on the show.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Atheism is just as flawed as deism... The former cannot prove that some "god" does not exist, and the latter cannot prove one does.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SBMcG
Atheism is just as flawed as deism... The former cannot prove that some "god" does not exist, and the latter cannot prove one does.

But atheism is a "lack of belief in a god(s)".... it is NOT about proving there is no god. To do that would be trying to prove a negative, which is impossible. I guess there a fools in every crowd, and maybe some foolish atheists have tried to do this - but they do not speak for all of us.

edit on 11/6/13 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
I'm surprised this thread hasn't been closed....

Just listened to OP's clip....Come on Nef
not a very classy segment....

(I am Christian BTW)

Well, there is no violation of T&C here that I am aware of. The OP provided a topic with claims about the ATS radio show with a sound file to back up the claims made. If this thread was shutdown, that would be a bad move IMO. It would be seen as a biased course of action with nothing to back it up. Now, we have not seen any responses from said mod, but that is their prerogative. I would say some kind of explanation is in order if this radio show wants more attention, but no rules have been broken by any parties involved. (that I'm aware of, unless calling a mod out is against the ATS rules.)
edit on 11-6-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior

Originally posted by SBMcG

But atheism is a "lack of belief in a god(s)".... it is NOT about proving there is no god. To do that would be trying to prove a negative, which is impossible. I guess there a fools in every crowd, and maybe some foolish atheists have tried to do this - but they do not speak for all of us.

edit on 11/6/13 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

You mean similar to the atheist monuments and billboards?

Personally I think OP , who constantly makes anti religious threads, is just butt hurt because they expected to get a bunch of people to publicly mock religion and agree with him but it didn't turn out that way. Time to start knocking on doors and preaching the truth Windword

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by NihilistSanta

I think it's important not to view this thread with bias based on ones opinion for or against religion. I'm all for religion (although that word in itself I tend to dislike) myself and strongly dislike threads that exist solely to thrive on bashing it. With that said, I'm also for fair discussion, since this is a discussion board. This thread especially pops out to me because what the OP is referring to is a radio show that represents ATS with hand picked topics to discuss by our mods, and we expect them to discuss the subject matter fairly to reflect the general direction ATS is going.
edit on 11-6-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   

My only complaint about the monument (apart from it being boring and annoying, lol,) is my usual complaint of atheists hijacking Thomas Jefferson, who was a Deist, not an atheist. Theism forms the core basis of his Declaration of Independence -- inherent rights granted by a creator is not a concept consistent with atheism.

I don't think that American Atheists are claiming that Thomas Jefferson was an atheist. I searched, but I can't find the quote that they intend to use from Jefferson anywhere! So, I guess that we'll just have to wait and see which quote they use before we can criticize it. It did find this on Jefferson'a point of view that may be relevant:

Thomas Jefferson was a man of deep religious conviction — his conviction was that religion was a very personal matter, one which the government had no business getting involved in. He was vilified by his political opponents for his role in the passage of the 1786 Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom and for his criticism of such biblical events as the Great Flood and the theological age of the Earth. As president, he discontinued the practice started by his predecessors George Washington and John Adams of proclaiming days of fasting and thanksgiving. He was a staunch believer in the separation of church and state.

Jefferson wrote a letter to the Danbury Baptist Association in 1802 to answer a letter from them written in October 1801. A copy of the Danbury letter is available here. The Danbury Baptists were a religious minority in Connecticut, and they complained that in their state, the religious liberties they enjoyed were not seen as immutable rights, but as privileges granted by the legislature — as "favors granted." Jefferson's reply did not address their concerns about problems with state establishment of religion — only of establishment on the national level. The letter contains the phrase "wall of separation between church and state," which led to the short-hand for the Establishment Clause that we use today: "Separation of church and state."
www.usconstitution.net...

edit on 11-6-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

It has already been stated that OP could have participated in the show and had his view represented. His view was also represented in the thread that was mentioned on the show. I don't see how much more "fair" to OP they could have been aside from flat out agreeing with them. The mods are allowed to have opinions which is essentially what drives the show. If someone wants to be immersed in the conversation they can go to the thread which was highlighted in the show. If you look at the threads OP starts they usually begin similar to this one (being outraged because there are religious people in the world that don't hide their views) and then morph into anti christian arguments.

Here is a rather humanist idea that the atheist group mentioned should apply. How about instead of collecting money for ridiculous and unwarranted monuments they attempt to feed and clothe needy people. Then maybe people would think they had something to offer besides a loud mouth and a lot of opinions.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I have been listening and participating on the show for a few years, and if anyone truly wants answers to some of these questions, you can simply go to ATS rewind, where you can find out the topics of the shows that may be similar to this, and listen to the opinions of the hosts.

I assure you that if you want to base the opinions of the hosts and their beliefs that have been similar or expressed on more than one occasion instead of speculating, you can see for yourself.

Peace, NRE.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join