It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. whistleblower drops out of sight, faces legal battle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A contractor at the National Security Agency who leaked details of top-secret U.S. surveillance programs dropped out of sight in Hong Kong on Monday, ahead of a likely push by the U.S. government to have him sent back to the United States to face charges. Edward Snowden, 29, who provided the information for published reports last week that revealed the NSA's broad monitoring of phone call and Internet data from large companies such as Google and Facebook, checked out of his Hong Kong hotel hours after going public in a video released on Sunday.

Story

Has he disappeared on his own, on the run for his life? Was he found by govt assassins? Will he resurface soon alive and well, or will his body be found dead someone or disappear completely?
Sowden's story sounds like something out of a major summer blockbuster

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I'm guessing the Hotel management may quietly have told him and The Guardian staff that they don't really want to be ground zero to the largest feeding frenzy in 25 years. He probably got invited to seek life elsewhere.

I'm guessing The Guardian people and he are together and doing just that. Going elsewhere. I'd also guess they don't advertise the location this time. That was incredibly stupid, IMO. It's not like the NSA wouldn't have located him in a nanosecond from his weekend reports. However, the rest of the planet wouldn't have and that is where I think a problem becomes a 3 ring circus. Ask Assange and what the outside of the Ecuadorian Embassy has become.

Just my thoughts.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I hope he is now underground because more information is about to surface, we need more scandals and corruption to unearth.

It seems that the crocks in Washington has not been shaken enough.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Iceland has offered him Safety
Anyone think the Government gathering data from ATS?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Surfrat

ATS just like any other internet boards with lots of traffic are bound to surveillance just like facebook, twitter and others like it.

I am worry? I am just very happy that they read when I call them crocks

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Surfrat

No. Two reasons:

* the government isn't interested in a bunch of kooks arguing over false flags and alien anal probes
* nobody here knows anything about this whistleblower guy apart from what they read and see in the media--and since most of them don't trust the media, they end up knowing nothing at all

ATS just isn't important enough to warrant government monitoring. I know a lot of people here are desperate to believe that it is, but it isn't. Jarod Loughner posted here for a while before murdering a whole bunch of people, and the government didn't even know he existed until he was reloading.
edit on 10/6/13 by Sankari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC

Has he disappeared on his own, on the run for his life? Was he found by govt assassins? Will he resurface soon alive and well, or will his body be found dead someone or disappear completely?
Sowden's story sounds like something out of a major summer blockbuster

It seems to 1 his connections may provide a new life as long as he is not trading secrets that would cause more friction. Who knows who he is supported by who may not seem to support he..

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Surfrat

Iceland has offered him Safety

I dunno... Look at our nearest large neighbor here at ATS... You tell me.

The Internet Universe

I don't believe for a moment that the National Security Agency has any lines INTO ATS beyond what they worm into any other site. Nothing by cooperation of ATS or those who run it...but what IS ATS exactly? One giant data mine, to someone like the NSA. I'm sure they read everything here, as every one of us do.

The difference is... They record, save and then make connections and correlate it all. I'll bet in the end, the results say far more about each of us and the topics we discuss than we'd ever realize.

top topics

join