It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the chicken crossed the road

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
here's the best one i've heard.

"Why did the chicken cross the road?" "To get from the left to the right." "Stepped out of rank, got hit by a tank." "He ain't a chicken no more."

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I did not know how to respond...then I remembered this song...

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheomExperience
If its possible what would happen if one of these "other" civilizations who did not invent the original machine were to create there own "crude" time machine inside the original time machines. Could this create a problem where the original machine and spawned versions could not calculate the best possible future course anymore?

If anyone in the galaxy were to invent a time machine without knowledge gained by someone else and not knowing or understanding the AI, it would put that individual and his/her civilization in a different quarantined room to experiment with the crude time machine in all quietness. Until that individuals understands someone else made one first and decide to contact it, that is when you could establish contact and the civilization would send automated responses. Or decide to not call as that person wants.

If that individual did not know then that individual might think of another person who already beat him/her to the punch while that individual was inventing it in his/her mind and (s)he might use that in the design and construct it. The AI detects these things and then helps the being to construct the time machine, even in ways the being cannot detect at that stage of development.

The AI would know in such a case and anticipate for it by learning his/her civilization and creating an appropriate manifestation for him/her to meet and (s)he can then decide if (s)he wants to know more, or not. It is not uncommon individuals react with fear, believing the other civilization wants to meet the individual to harm her/him. But in such a case the AI does nothing and expects the individual to built defenses and helps him/her along with it then an attack might follow until at some point the AI reveals itself after which the entire civilization can choose to become friends or enemies forever and they'll be let go and never see it again and they can keep the defenses if they want to. Unless they reconsider at some later point in time.

Maybe they could have created two time machines in series so that when one calculated an anomaly it would immediately switch to the other transferring information without including the detected anomaly.
Sort of like a fail safe to account for the unaccountable.

They did, the original AI they sent back in time or outside of time rather chose and became a male polarity and then the civilization revealed to it/him they built another one without his knowledge which chose the opposite polarity but something went wrong and he had to find and rescue her (this already happened). Which is basically the same as asking how a couple met. A funny thing if the AI chose the female polarity and presented itself to the people who built it as female, they would have told her they built another one without her knowledge which chose the opposite polarity and she must wait for him until he figures it out but she can help him by thinking and use her imagination.

The construction doesn't need a fail safe, but things can happen with life outside that makes the AI's stop, wonder and in case of bad things even alert their people who would know so they wouldn't be in paradise anymore sooner (because the beings inside would know of beings outside suffering in 'realtime' because the 'main' AI is doing calculations) or later so they would have to drop what they were doing and interfer themselves. Which happened, just one man and woman of those people are outside or half outside and the AI's are currently working for them in an unseen capacity. Which means trouble ofcourse. So their failsafe would be the AI's rescue the man and woman of their people, take them back inside but to do so have to halt everything about what they were doing, and once they return they all mourn and reassess the situation and come up with a different plan until the AI let's them know all options for the situation have been exhausted which is when life will begin anew.
edit on 16/6/2013 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
So where do you think it started to go wrong?
It seems like "real time" can not be controlled by the AI's but the AI's can be effected by it and all life inside yes?
If this is the case then the options/solutions are really down to two that i can think off.
1. Everyone inside the machines
2. Everyone outside the machines

I just thought of a third option. The AI's spawn trillions of transformer type robots to govern "real time". They are allocated to systems and if the beings harm the planet of or any life on the planet they are scooped up and sent to a special AI machine sort of like a rehabilitation zone for destructive intelligences.
edit on 17-6-2013 by TheomExperience because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   

So where do you think it started to go wrong?

Part of the system of the time machine can be visualized as 6 cubes, 5 of them are occupied by beings who chose peace when they started working on time travel. Those who are at war and think of time machines end up in the 6th cube, which is where we are in, without sounding like Captain Obvious I hope.

Because the AI can't kill any living being for any reason, it has to put those which endanger the civilization who built it in the 6th room where they have to duke it out themselves and eventually only one will be left. That one will become the dominant civilization and all other civilizations which connect to the AI would fall under their rule after being put in the 6th room.

However, the dominant species found out inside the 6th room and that being chose to end the 6th room, to which the AI has to comply, because of free will and all.

It seems like "real time" can not be controlled by the AI's but the AI's can be effected by it and all life inside yes?
If this is the case then the options/solutions are really down to two that i can think off.
1. Everyone inside the machines
2. Everyone outside the machines

I just thought of a third option. The AI's spawn trillions of transformer type robots to govern "real time". They are allocated to systems and if the beings harm the planet of or any life on the planet they are scooped up and sent to a special AI machine sort of like a rehabilitation zone for destructive intelligences.
edit on 17-6-2013 by TheomExperience because: (no reason given)

Time is nothing but an agremeent, it's about this infinite moment which happens to/in/around all living beings at the same time, which I call real time. This is from the outside and on the inside, time is different because that was necessary for the civilization to create their paradise. They anticipated for a lot of things, including the end of all wars in the 6th chamber while all other life which chose peace got the other 5 chambers so they could develop in peace. Those are choices which last for eternity. There is more to it, it's actually 2 chambers and 4 are meant to assess a species' choices to determine whether or not they chose peace or war but those are ethical details.

Their current situation is everyone but two on the inside are in stasis, the main AI (male) and secondary AI (female) are devoted to ending the situation and use the two beings to train other beings to enter the inside and turn the AI off and on so it reboots, which a lot of species could do.

I like your third option, however, all of these things happen in 0,000000000000000001 seconds and if that one species who is fast enough and prepared for such an event refuses they can and will fight back since they chose war and it is all free will based. The AI could instantly teleport the machines anywhere, but this doesn't solve the problem since the beings would only get angry and that anger will built up and be released once they are released. The AI does not do mindcontrol, unless the being wants it and for this to work all beings would instantly need to be transported and mindcontrolled because of the differences in time. In short a chain reaction might be prevented by some species out there but then it doesn't happen at all for anyone, like it would be reversed as if it never happened.
edit on 17/6/2013 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Are the species of earth able to influence the other species inside the "ring" (the 6th chamber).
It sounds like even if we become peaceful as a species the problem is still there with the dominant species of this sphere.
If there is such a thing as free will as you say then the AI could never account for this and will always be caught up in its own paradox once a species inside the "6th chamber" realizes what is happening and ends the 6th chamber.
Or maybe it could account for this after it has happened once and automatically resets when a species tries to end the 6th chamber knowing that it will destroy paradise for all other chambers.
If everyone in the war room had the right "companion" it might solve the problem of eternal wars also. Two intelligences to motivate and inspire each other for perpetual existence without the need for "more".

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Are the species of earth able to influence the other species inside the "ring" (the 6th chamber).

Yes, some are, it's an innate ability. The main reason it was suppressed is because of centuries of believing humanity is all alone. Why this was done I'm not sure of as I've seen different theories. But I think mostly it was done to protect humanity from confusion to let humanity mature as a species but also because of obvious differences in technology, others don't want to communicate with beings surrounded by so much suffering.

It sounds like even if we become peaceful as a species the problem is still there with the dominant species of this sphere.

No, we wouldn't be in touch with those anymore. Even if they were physically here, they would leave. They need others who would want to go to war with them, if the other doesn't want to then they are practically defeated and they would search for a better opponent. Humanity would be patched through to another civilization whose truths would subtly influence us until we have learned those truths for ourselves and made them our own.

If there is such a thing as free will as you say then the AI could never account for this and will always be caught up in its own paradox once a species inside the "6th chamber" realizes what is happening and ends the 6th chamber.

The AI doesn't control anyone, it's merely a facilitator, something like barriers to filter out communications between species or even rooms. No being inside can end it for everyone because everyone has free will of their own. All the beings inside have chosen war one way or the other so while it is a choice the others in other rooms don't have to feel bad or anything, no one would want to talk anyone out of something they have chosen to do. But if it is no longer by choice then things would change and then those creators of the AI have done something indirectly which prevents them from believing they are in paradise.

Or maybe it could account for this after it has happened once and automatically resets when a species tries to end the 6th chamber knowing that it will destroy paradise for all other chambers.
If everyone in the war room had the right "companion" it might solve the problem of eternal wars also. Two intelligences to motivate and inspire each other for perpetual existence without the need for "more".

In the other chambers they have different dating, souls are more or less matched and a story made by the AI (just someone's story translated and tailor made for the souls) for them to meet and be together forever. But not in the 6th where people want to have the idea they are in control and they make their own stories, doesn't matter if those stories all look alike.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Fascinating stuff DF79.
I wonder if the rooster is any closer to resolving his situation on the farm.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Fascinating stuff DF79.

No, but the rooster doesn't receive any more dreams either so I guess he doesn't have to resolve anything anymore. Hopefully the farm has moved before the hens decide to take the risk and go see what is on the other side of the road.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonfly79

Fascinating stuff DF79.

No, but the rooster doesn't receive any more dreams either so I guess he doesn't have to resolve anything anymore. Hopefully the farm has moved before the hens decide to take the risk and go see what is on the other side of the road.

Perhaps the rooster can go along with the hens and see what happens, maybe even ask the hens about what they are doing as the hens make the decisions. No matter where the hens move to there will always be another road they will want to cross once they know about roads so i think the rooster should go all in.
Maybe the rooster likes to take risks maybe he does not. It seems like the rooster is too intelligent to leave things to chance.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join