It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people still believe that UFO's are alien?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
As I've seen one right outside my house. It's hard for me not to believe.

There's a video on YouTube called (pyramid UFO over russia).check it. THAT is what I saw outside my house. Right outside, up close.

Freaked me the HECK out. It was huuuuge, silent and had a surface like water, it could fold in and out of space and lights could appear on any side of it. It then shot off straight up.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by corsair00

I cannot accept that theory, sorry but it is statistically very unlikely that two people would be experiencing the same altered consciousness induced spiritual phenomena of seeing ''archetypes'' in the same place at the same time, my experiences were not those of archetypal figures, and at least twice were experienced by another, we both had different emotional reactions to these experiences and both of us were 'confused' about the experience initially until the entirely overwhelming 'all knowing' energy encompassed us and we 'felt' or 'knew' and 'trusted' rather than rationalised the experience, it was as if becoming part of a solution to which I felt I belonged. Like dissolving salt in a salt water solution or something to that effect, I felt it was of the essence of everything, an absolute essence or an absolute truth. Hence the screen name, nothing of earth has anything similar in my experience.

ETA We weren't under the influence of drugs or alcohol or any other mind altering substance and were soaking up the beauty of nature on a warm summers day / night in some beautiful places that are known for UFO sightings, we weren't seeking a spiritual experience and weren't expecting interaction from 'aliens' / UFO or anything else.
edit on 11-6-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
What I always like to ask is, what if the governments are just as in the dark as the rest of us?

That would, in my opinion, go a long way into understanding the secrecy around the subject. Governments, and authority figures in general, tend to avoid open admittance of incompetence or a lack of understanding on a subject; it has a pesky tendency to undermine the appearance of authority.

My dealings with government have led me to conclude that where there is government involvement, there is gargantuan waste, sloth, mismanagement, complacency, and apathy.

I'm sorry, but I don't trust the clowns in government to solve a riddle as perplexing, and undoubtedly spiritual, as the UFO phenomenon. These jackasses can't even balance a checkbook.

As far as the ETH, I personally don't feel there's any evidence to suggest that the origin of this phenomenon is "extraterrestrial", any more than there's evidence suggesting that it is "inter-dimensional".

I will state that, my sighting was definitely not an aircraft that any human being created. All I can state is that:

1) The phenomenon is real
2) It ain't from any military on this planet
3) If alleged contact with the occupants of these craft is to be trusted, and, loathe as I am to admit it, some of it seems genuine, the occupants of such devices are decietful at best.
4) Not one trace, smidgen, morsel, shred, or crumb of alleged "crash debris" and/or wreckage has ever been released for study.
5) None of the Nazi "wunder weapons" were ever fully viable (the Horten-229 was ultimately unremarkable at best).
Furthermore, if the Axis powers had access to Feu fighters, and "Anti-Gravitic" aircraft, they wouldn't be wasting resources on what was, essentially, a balsa wood jet-powered hang glider. Screw that noise.
6) The phenomenon tends to evolve concurrently to us, in regards to alleged "contact".

The whole thing reeks to high-heaven, and anyone who claims to have all the answers is a con-artist at best. I personally find the ETH to be a lazy way to make peace with the phenomenon.

edit on 11-6-2013 by AllenBishop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
There are so many stories people have that is 100% proof to them, but none of them say why. It's always lights or a shape, nothing that conclusively points to alien. Really seems more likely to be human tech we just know nothing about. And imagination by the sound of it.
edit on 11-6-2013 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jefferton
First serious post.

So many people believe this to be true. They can't understand why others don't believe.

Is there even on scrap of evidence to prove it? I wanted to believe for so long. But over the years the fakes have killed my belief. How do you still believe??

Good question. And don't let those "fakes" kill your belief.

But really like others have said you can't prove the negative.

I am sure others are with me, it's just a gut thing and yes we have seen and met them. But can we prove it? NO.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by sulaw

Because you can't disprove that they don't exist.

Interesting double negative there. Or is it triple? But I think I get your point.

Nor can you disprove the existence of unicorns or leprechauns.

edit on 6/10/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Triple negative equals a negative.

Phage are you trying to tell us you still believe in Leprechauns and Unicorns?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Jefferton

Why do people still believe that UFO's are alien?

Let's paint a picture....

You're in the military. You get a call about a crash. You investigate. You find lots of material that defies your understanding, and yet you are a military intelligence officer, working out of the only base in the world that can deploy atomic weapons. You get more people and gather all the debris. You then fly it to the two top military facilities for dealing with foreign war materiel, but pose for pics for the press, with pieces of a weather balloon to further a cover story. For over half a century, it remains classified, even the cover story project, despite the project using off the shelf materials. Do you really think such a craft was ours, or made by a foreign power? If so, that would have been declassified decades ago, when such tech was rendered obsolete. But it wasn't.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Well...UFOs could be just about anything really.....Our own technology, interdimentional beings, us comming back from the futur, aliens from another world, Earthlings yet to be identified from middle Earth...i mean...So many possibilitties....Are we being visited, maybe, why not, it's a possibility !?!!?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Does anyone think we'll EVER know for sure?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I can't post my own topics but please someone put this out there for me.

This is why people believe UFOs are both alien and man made.

www.youtube.com... - High ranking members of the G8, canadian and american governments giving testimony to the existance of ET life.

There are multiple parts to this and in total over 30 hours of testimony from high ranking officials.

I always wanted to believe in alien life but I couldn't believe the "UFO Nuts"

now that we have some credible sources let's send this viral.

Thanks!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nuke2013
...Our own technology, interdimentional beings, us comming back from the futur, aliens from another world, Earthlings yet to be identified from middle Earth...

If so, you might want to consider looking for excess foot hair samples in suspect locations.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
ex CIA agent meets grey alien:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

"I find myself on the planet Ogo, part of an intellectual elite, preparing to subjugate the barbarian hordes on Pluto. But even though this is a totally convincing reality for me in every way, nevertheless Ogo is actually a construct of my psyche. I am mentally divergent, in that I am escaping certain unnamed realities that plague my life here. When I stop going there, I will be well. Are you also divergent, friend?"

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Perhaps the German government at the time of Hitler became aware of 'aliens' or based their ideology on certain aspects of such, like the Nordic thing as supreme beings. Perhaps it is somehow part of how the whole of Germany became entranced by their policies, that level of mind control is beyond the realms of the average political despot.
Perhaps they were deluded or misused the information they ascertained from alien interactions. Given their liking for all things supernatural and use of ancient sigils etc, I am pretty certain they would have investigated UFO interactions.

I have to add that one of my experiences included a very tall Nordic type being in a white suit that looked like a nuclear protection suit or something of that ilk, there was no doubt that the power this being asserted over us and the environment, at least the immediate environment, was beyond the realms of humanity, it wasn't a human power / energy as we know it and that being wasn't human, perhaps superhuman, at least having a human appearance, though far taller and with very powerful eyes, for want of a better description. Then there was an extremely powerful 'energy' wave that was all encompassing that has to be experienced to be known.

ETA I am completely sane and telling the truth.

some interesting reading
edit on 11-6-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loki420th

"I find myself on the planet Ogo, part of an intellectual elite, preparing to subjugate the barbarian hordes on Pluto. But even though this is a totally convincing reality for me in every way, nevertheless Ogo is actually a construct of my psyche. I am mentally divergent, in that I am escaping certain unnamed realities that plague my life here. When I stop going there, I will be well. Are you also divergent, friend?"

I love that quote.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Joneselius
There's a video on YouTube called (pyramid UFO over russia).check it. THAT is what I saw outside my house. Right outside, up close.

This? www.youtube.com...
Has anyone started a thread on it? If not ... you should tell your story. IMHO
You'll get flamed by some ... but still ... interesting ....

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I have seen a UFO as far away as the stars dark across the sky and instantly change direction head off into the opposite direction and back on itself again. I have no photographs, no videos and just one witness and have never felt the need to convince anyone. When you see it for your own eyes you will understand.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

It's fairly simple actually.

Witness an orb traveling at speeds beyond comprehension into the background of space. Sure, it could have been human, but if humans can travel through space at such insane speeds, with technology that only took a generation to figure out, then it's basically a certainty that life elsewhere has already traversed the bleakness of space and reached us.

You could also take into account the supposed sightings in ancient times..

I'm wondering if you have really thought this out? I suppose you probably haven't seen anything with your own eyes.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by doobydoll

Assuming it is actually a physical thing performing those maneuvers, why assume there is any living thing inside that thing?

Why have windows if no ones looking out?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Joneselius

This? www.youtube.com...
Has anyone started a thread on it? If not ... you should tell your story. IMHO
You'll get flamed by some ... but still ... interesting ....

Yea me and my deaf friend witnessed a HUGE shape shifting Pyramid/Diamond flying over my home. That was 2011 - We saw aout 30 during that year - None since

edit on 11-6-2013 by ObservingYou because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join