It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people still believe that UFO's are alien?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jefferton
First serious post.

So many people believe this to be true. They can't understand why others don't believe.

Is there even on scrap of evidence to prove it? I wanted to believe for so long. But over the years the fakes have killed my belief. How do you still believe??
edit on 10-6-2013 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-6-2013 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

I still believe in intelligent life in the universe , my research and interest into the UFO fenomena flatlined over the last couple of years , because also the amount of derailing material presented to us , but mainly the fact we have more urgent matters to deal with wich involve our own species and our own planet.

And we have to be honest with ourselfs , we cant even deal with our own species , any open Extra Terrestial contact at this time would be self destructive , because we cant even respect the freedom of some one with a different religion , let alone a different species , we would turn it into a Galactic Crusade.

Because our mindstate doesnt allow us to even have contact with them , the First thing any General would ask when dealing with ET would be : can we kill them ? , can we reverse engineer it ? are they hostile ?

I dont want ET contact , because we will shoot before asking questions , Normal fear responce when dealing with New wierd things with the animalistic mentality we still have.

i can only ask myself this question : would i land here and contact its inhabitants ?? probably not because if i would drop a weapon by accident , next month i land here again there will be a million men waiting for me with the reverse engineered tech.

I never Forget what Stanton T Friedman said : would you go to your ant colony in your backyard and tell them your gonna help them build a nuclear reactor , or something like this

TheGreazel

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
OMG! I just seen what I think was a heli... I do not know if it was a heli. I DO NOT KNOW WHAT IT WAS...... IT IS NOW A, UFO.

edit on 11-6-2013 by TruthSeekersRUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthSeekersRUS

You get an award for stating the correct definition of "unidentified"
you get a cookie too.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by peashooter

yeah yeah. sorry for the edits, I have fat fingers and 7 other people trying to tell me what a UFO is.

edit on 11-6-2013 by TruthSeekersRUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthSeekersRUS

True , if it cannot be be identified it gets labelled UFO , but that is not even close to being ALIEN or ET

If your post was intended as a joke it was succesful

TheGreazel

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Jefferton

It's mathematics.

I'm may not be positive that UFO's seen on Earth are actually spacecraft that physical "flesh and blood" ET's operate and fly but I am positive ET do exist. Simply consider that in an 8 planet solar system our entire planet is covered in life, we are one of billions or trillions of solar systems.

There are a lot of unexplained UFO phenomenon whether they are physical ET or extra-dimensional beings is a better question than if all UFO's are hoaxes in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Paaaa

Great link!

Astronauts and presidents commenting on the topic of UFO's, what more can we ask for.

Thanks for the link Paaaa
edit on 11-6-2013 by peashooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
They are called UFO's for a reason, if we had any definitive proof, we'd simply call them spaceships.

Where they come from is another question entirely. Out of all the plausible explanations for the sightings tagged 'unexplained', Aliens does seem them most likely source.

I believe they may be robotic drones, or probes, sent by an alien race. After all we've sent our own probes, any advanced race could achieve this. It could also explain how these craft can perform seemingly impossible maneuvers, as there would be no danger to the occupants.

But it doesn't explain the reports of occupants...Time travellers, Trans-dimensional beings, we just don't know. And unless the governments fully disclose what they have on UFO's, we may never know.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
reply to post by peashooter

Google Nazi UFOs.
New Swabia, Die Glocke, Silbervogel, Cult of the Black Sun, etc etc.

The topic is vast and actually appears in nearly all of the famous UFO abduction cases, like Barney Hill said "Omg it's a Nazi!!!" when they were abducted he recalled through hypnosis.

Also Adamski reported seeing one of the 'beings' left a footprint that has a Swastika symbol embedded within it.
Funny enough the Nazis did recruit Tibetan Monks into their elite programs for various reasons, and these monks did in fact have Swastikas tattooed to their feet as a matter of custom, and still do to this day.

This subject (Nazi UFOs) is so vast, it would take 10 threads just to really do it justice.

I've heard a bit about this Nazi UFO. Supposedly they were trying to make a wunderwaffe (wonder weapon.) And it's said that they were trying to create an anti-gravity device, which they had called "The Bell."

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by peashooter
reply to post by CJCrawley

Again no valid argument coming from you.
Yep, I'll definitely listen to Stephen Hawkings and Einstein compared to someone who offers no valid argument other than "Go read your Marvel Comics", by far the most mature response I have read on ATS, congratulations for the award.

That's right, no valid argument.

All the physicists are wrong and peashooter is right.

All hail peashooter!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
At OP:

Real easy ive seen lights doing things i or my friends couldnt explain on 3 occasions.

And its not about believing but knowing there are ufos.

Do you really think those 10000s of sightings and stories are just people that want to have a story? Even if theres 1000s seen by multiple people, credible people from all kinds of professions.

Do you really think the 100s of government investigations are all about examining some camp fire stories if there wasnt a whole lot more to those stories? You really believe they invest millions in that?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by CJCrawley

Please list the physicists which stated with 100% certainty they know the origin of the UFO's.

I simply brought up the names of Stephen Hawking and Einstein to make my point, but wait, I never said they were wrong? I was simply stating that the fact that wormholes are a possibility (they dedicated their lives to topics such as these) meant that we know nothing about space travel.

I remember using the "fine, you're right and I'm wrong" argument after losing an argument when I'm young, seems like a childish last dish resort when you have nothing left to say?

I think I've commented enough on these threads, time to let other members chime in. It has become apparent that a discussion with you is going nowhere, all I'm getting is immature retorts.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
We are proof that aliens exist.Whether they have the technology to travel the universe is open to debate.

Imagine what our tech would be like in 500 - 1000 years time. Now imagine an alien race thousands of years ahead of us.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Alot of my belief has to do with all the stories and accounts from the past, especially those that seem to be descriptions of technology.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   

It has always been my understanding, that the best way to objectively treat the UFO issue, is to remember that UFO means un-identified flying object, rather than meaning "surely an alien space craft". I am not in any way blind to the possibility that they MIGHT contain alien lifeforms, but there have been so many different descriptions of objects in the sky, that it seems daft to attribute alien visitation to all of them.

Also, without some sort of good evidence to back them up, many of these cases rely solely on eye witness testimony, which is widely known to be about as reliable as a marshmallow retaining wall. Only physical evidence can confirm something with any firmness what so ever, and there is little enough of this doing the rounds.

It is best therefore, to wait and see, to be interested, but not to pre-judge the content and meaning of UFO encounters and sightings.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by trollz
Alot of my belief has to do with all the stories and accounts from the past, especially those that seem to be descriptions of technology.

Look into the topic of the so called "Ahnenerbe" in it's various renditions. The Nazis essentially were hard-core into the occult and world history and it's implications for gaining power and technological dominance.

They went all over the place looking for sacred relics, collecting stories, conducting investigations, etc.

An example of them in pop culture: Indiana Jones vs the Ahnenerbe, etc.

Wiki

This wiki is really short and barely gets into it, there are many books on the topic.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   

There is so much evidence out there!

I start with ancient cave paintings depicting humanoids with space helmets on and also flying objects. Where would these prehistoric ancestors get the imagination for this? Certainly not today's military. Secondly how did our ancestors know about distant planets impossible to see with the naked eye?
Thirdly in ancient hebrew text it explains in great detail how god like creatures came from the heavens. "From heaven to earth they came". Etc etc I'm not going to go into all that now.
In early biblical paintings there are images of strange flying objects and in ancient are all over the world.
I'm not going to carry on I hate writing essays.

But if the govournments were to disclose this then religion would turn on its head and there would be chaos!

Also people are admitting all over the place such as the Canadian defence minister a month ago.
m.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw
Because you can't disprove that they don't exist.

You cannot disprove that there isn't a tiny pink elephant ghost living under your left thumbnail. It will then become quite silly to spend one's life still believing in it, and spend time "researching" it.

Believing UFOs to be aliens is exactly as pointless.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
As much as I do care about the UFO and Alien topic but...

Why is this still on the first page of ATS if it's not important?

And why there is still not the topic on the first page about Edward Snowden? Why?

You Americans still don't care about your own constitution, do you?

I expect this posting of mine deleted by Mods anyway.

edit on 11-6-2013 by gnostician because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join