It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people still believe that UFO's are alien?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by CJCrawley

Funny how everyone who wants to argue pins the argument on "alien spacecraft"

Did we not already reach a conclusion in this thread that "We. don't. know." ?

Asking for evidence of alien space craft is pretty pointless, the thread has offered many cases of sightings which showed up on radar, sightings by people on the ground and in the air.

I mentioned that skeptics like to split hairs, which is what you're doing right now, so the answer is "no" there is no solid evidence that there are little grey men pilotting these objects(or what they are), but there is solid evidence that people are seeing these objects flying around.

I'll repeat this point again

"we don't know whether or not aliens are controlling these objects, what we do know is that these sightings are very real, and can be confirmed by government agencies/professional pilots, and people all over the world"

www.ufocasebook.com...
edit on 11-6-2013 by peashooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
My theory/opinion is that we have already been found by an ancient (to us) highly advanced civilization eons older than we are. An advanced civilization, attempting to find other forms of life in the universe, would not resort to telescopes or picking up signals (maybe in their infancy, they would). They would send thousands of "probes", not one or two, into deep space with remarkable technological and scientific instruments with the ability to hunt inhabitable planets. They would then map out their known universe.

The UFO's people have reported seeing could be unmanned probes that are actually thousands, or millions of years old - the time it took to reach us.

I too, have seen, what I believe to be an other worldly craft. No one can convince me other wise.

An interesting article to read:

www.nydailynews.com...

edit on 11-6-2013 by GeisterFahrer because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-6-2013 by GeisterFahrer because: added news article

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Why do some people believe X or not X?

Because every person grew in a slightly differing environment, received differing educations/indoctrinations, etc etc. The events of our lives shape us into who we are.

Many people have differing beliefs simply because of the grandiose complexity that life presents, and no one has time to see it all. In fact, most get stuck in one thing their whole lives.

That's why people believe X or don't believe it.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by peashooter

Funny how everyone who wants to argue pins the argument on "alien spacecraft"

But that is the topic of this thread!

If you want to discuss UFO sightings in general, then feel free to start another thread.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Did you not understand the point?

If the point is "we don't know" (which has been agreed by most members on this thread)

Why is it not "OK" for some people to believe aliens may have been involved? Unless according to you the definition of "we don't know" is this => anything but aliens.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

now see how 1 + 1 = 2 ...

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by peashooter

I'll repeat this point again

"we don't know whether or not aliens are controlling these objects, what we do know is that these sightings are very real, and can be confirmed by government agencies/professional pilots, and people all over the world"

www.ufocasebook.com...

Agree 100%.

I have seen them myself up close, I know they exist.

Who was the pilot? That's a really tough question.

A funny aspect to this however:
It looked exactly like a specific model of alleged Nazi saucer tech though.
Vril 7 model to be exact.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Jefferton

How about body parts being missing? Or microchips being implanted in a person? Or alien forms of metal being found from this UFOs? Or what about photos of aliens in a secret hospital? (Yes I know it's debatable).

That seems like good enough reasons for me to believe that aliens are physical.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

My sighting was with a couple of friends, appeared to be lights which flashed in a strange rhythm (not the usual lights on planes/helicopters) and a couple of lights seem to zig zag around each other, in the end combine into 1 light then disappear.

Phage has a good point though, our sighting was too far and we were observing from the ground so we cannot say for sure that it was an unidentified flying object, but it definitely spooked us out and sparked my interest in finding out about sightings.

Either way you look at it, it's very exciting. If indeed the government has the capabilities to create a secret military craft which defies physics, then you know the free energy problems on Earth can probably be dealt with (of course while charging everyone as much as they can)

Or if it's not from the government, we have a lot more to learn.

We live in interesting times indeed.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Jefferton

i dont know if they are alien or ours ,
but what i do know is i have seen things that make you think
thats all i have sorry

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Google Nazi UFOs.
New Swabia, Die Glocke, Silbervogel, Cult of the Black Sun, etc etc.

The topic is vast and actually appears in nearly all of the famous UFO abduction cases, like Barney Hill said "Omg it's a Nazi!!!" when they were abducted he recalled through hypnosis.

Also Adamski reported seeing one of the 'beings' left a footprint that has a Swastika symbol embedded within it.
Funny enough the Nazis did recruit Tibetan Monks into their elite programs for various reasons, and these monks did in fact have Swastikas tattooed to their feet as a matter of custom, and still do to this day.

This subject (Nazi UFOs) is so vast, it would take 10 threads just to really do it justice.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Nazi UFO's, sounds very interesting. The germans were always very gifted in terms of engineering precision, I'll definitely read up on the topic, thanks!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Go back and look through abduction cases.

Half of them are with Nordics, aka Aryans, aka Nazis leftovers from Antarctica.

I am not saying any of these specific abduction cases are legit and really happened, instead, I am proposing IF they even happened at all, it's likely we are dealing with an obvious solution to the mystery.

Now how does this relate to aliens reported like the Grays? Unknown, maybe there is a connection we aren't aware of yet?

What do shadow entities have to do with this? I really don't know.

There could be multiple phenomena going on here (ghosts, aliens, and Nazis) at the same time and we are accidentally mixing up totally different causes due to our lack of information and as a result of the excitement and mystery and confusion. Or alternatively, they could all be intimately related.

Yes I just did say Ghosts Aliens and Nazis in the same sentence.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by peashooter

Did you not understand the point?

If the point is "we don't know" (which has been agreed by most members on this thread)

Why is it not "OK" for some people to believe aliens may have been involved? Unless according to you the definition of "we don't know" is this => anything but aliens.

The point is "we don't know".

Well, actually we do know that the alien hypothesis is extremely unlikely...so unlikely that no scientist worth his salt would give it credence for a single second.

Have you any idea how utterly improbable it is to traverse the distances involved, for any life form?

Travelling at the speed of light - the speed limit beyond which nothing can travel faster, and no life form could get even close to before being crushed out of existence - it would still take thousands of years to go any appreciable distance within our own galaxy, let alone from galaxy to galaxy to galaxy.......

Keep reading your Marvel comics.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Heh, I see that you don't have any other point to argue with so the last resort is Marvel comics? I actually do like Marvel comics, but that is irrelevant.

If you want to talk about space travel which we know nothing about, yes the current maximum speed is light speed, which is close to impossible to reach.

That may not be the only way to get around, many experts have been studying wormholes. Einstein and Stephen Hawkings are examples.

www.pbs.org...

library.thinkquest.org...

The possibilites are exciting but our race is way to young to figure anything out yet.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I've been doing some star gazing on my nights off ever since I saw a UFO in early April, my first one. It rained all day so I was surprised to see that at 3:00 AM the sky was mostly clear when I let my dog out. At 3:20 AM I saw what was most likely a satellite flying northeast to southwest, very high. Then a minute later, I saw a satellite of the same description flying SW to NE in almost the same path, only reversed. That was odd. 5 minutes later I saw another one flying SW to NE. 5 minutes later another flying W to E. That one seemed to be flying faster and was lower. I did a quick check on Flighttracker and no air traffic was on radar although a low flying jet did pass on its way to my local airport here in SE Pa. just before I came in.
Are they satellites? I don't know. They may be military aircraft. They may be UFOs. Or drones. If its high up its hard to tell. They didn't fly incredibly fast like the one I saw in April.
Wheres a good satellite tracker like flight radar 24?
When I saw that UFO I thought it was either extra terrestrial or if it was man made we have access to technology way way more advanced than we've let on.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
It is true that most "UFO's" are either hoaxes, or explainable if tested.

Most people assume that a UFO is of alien technology, since most appear to be operated by intelligence. But one thing that I wonder about is, if there are aliens that have found out how to travel vast distances in space, for the sake of research, or simply curiousity, then I'm sure they could just use an automated intelligence computer/robot, to go out and give knowledge for them, which can keep them out of harms way if things go badly. You would thing that advanced aliens would of came up with advanced AI systems. We humans are actually starting to really get into the field of robotics right now.

As far as aliens go, I believe some sort of alien species is on another planet some where. And I'm sure there are many planets that have life on them in the universe. I believe it is estimated that there are 50,000 estimated planets in our own galaxy that potentially have life in them (due to mathematical calculations.) That's in just one galaxy, just imagine how many estimated planets there could be in total.

Obviously not all of these estimated plants will have life in them, and most probably wouldn't even be concidered "intelligent." But I'm sure there are being some where out there, looking up at the sky and wondering what's out there as well. The universe is so large, and we haven't even been able to fathom exactly how large it is. And there may even be alternate dimensions we've yet to uncover. The universe is a big mystery, and I believe people look at UFO's and associate them with aliens because they aren't sure what else could be operating them, and also to try and facilitate their own beliefs.

Personally, I highly doubt aliens come here regularly, or have even come here at all. But I don't completely believe that, but anything is possible.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
there HAS to be intelligent life out there, the odds are way way in favor of it being true. As to then visiting earth, you have to look at the evidence. which there is, the show on history acient aliens offers some compelling evidence. i do think that they have visited us in the past, are they here now, i dont know, i do think that some of the things we see in the skies are human tech, im talkin next level stuff, like visual stealth, inertial dampeners and things of that sort.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Ah, wormholes.

I was wondering how long it would take you to arrive at that (longer than I thought, as it turns out).

So that's how those dastardly aliens are buzzing farmers in their fields late at night.....

I actually do like Marvel comics

Er yeah, I figured....

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Again no valid argument coming from you.
Yep, I'll definitely listen to Stephen Hawkings and Einstein compared to someone who offers no valid argument other than "Go read your Marvel Comics", by far the most mature response I have read on ATS, congratulations for the award.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join