It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people still believe that UFO's are alien?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by peashooter

but let's say a generous 50% of those sightings are error, the remaining ones still confirm that we have unknown objects flying in our airspace.
I think that 50% figure is far too low.

Why worry about these sightings if we cannot find the origin?
I think it's a great idea to investigate them. The trouble is, when all is said and done, there isn't a whole lot to investigate. The information is there. Lots of people have looked at it. What do you get? Inconclusion (is that a word?). People see things in the sky. No doubt about it. What did that person see? I don't know. How about that one? I don't know.
Some people are willing to say "ET!". I'm not, and people smarter than me are in the same boat.

The more people who care about these sightings means that the more likely the government will openly allow information/research on these objects.
If some of the cases are a matter of national security and secret programs it won't matter how many people "care" about it. If some of the cases aren't, it is nothing but an assumption that the government is preventing anyone from investigation or withholding information.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by peashooter
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

Agreed, we all are in the same boat regards to the origin of these objects. As long as people acknowledge the fact that sightings are occurring on a frequent basis, and that very likely there are objects flying in our skies that we have no idea about, we can make good progress in learning about them. Hopefully the government will spill their research about these objects in the future (I'm assuming they've been secretly studying them for a long time)

I'm not sure we agree as I'm not convinced that there's anything flying around. I'm assuming you mean "intelligently controlled" things. I'm not saying these things should be ignored or written off either. It's not unreasonable for governments to try and intercept or study these things if there is a chance that there is something there. Even if something isn't there, you still learn. Maybe the government knows about the total lack of flying objects that people report frequently. Personally, I wouldn't want to know that the pilot of the airplane I'm on could hallucinate at any time. Just say'n.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by peashooter
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

Agreed, we all are in the same boat regards to the origin of these objects. As long as people acknowledge the fact that sightings are occurring on a frequent basis, and that very likely there are objects flying in our skies that we have no idea about, we can make good progress in learning about them. Hopefully the government will spill their research about these objects in the future (I'm assuming they've been secretly studying them for a long time)

I'm not sure we agree as I'm not convinced that there's anything flying around. I'm assuming you mean "intelligently controlled" things. I'm not saying these things should be ignored or written off either. It's not unreasonable for governments to try and intercept or study these things if there is a chance that there is something there. Even if something isn't there, you still learn. Maybe the government knows about the total lack of flying objects that people report frequently. Personally, I wouldn't want to know that the pilot of the airplane I'm on could hallucinate at any time. Just say'n.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Inconclusion (is that a word?)

I think it's unconclusion.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Something I meant to put in my previous post:

To directly address the OP, I understand why people support the ETH. I try not to rule it out.

But I have not any single report for which ET is the only possible explanation. Are there cases for which I (or others) can offer no other explanation? Yes, there are. But for me the default is "I don't know", not "ET".

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
reply to post by Jefferton

Of course most UFO's are just that, unidentifiable.

If you had witnessed the Orb that I did and also observed how it vanished right before a friend and myself you too would lean toward alien technology.
Although I can't 100% say it was in fact Alien, but if it's not then the Governments have some explaining to do.
Why is an orb necessarily alien technology?

It's not that it was an Orb that made it possibly Alien it's because it vanished right in front of two witnesses, myself included. I didn't dare blink as I wondered what it was. Then suddenly it was gone as though it, as corny as it may sound, cloaked itself.

Take my account as you will but I know for a fact it makes me look up more nowadays. Somethings up there that even commercial and military pilots can't identify.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Right on, the default answer is indeed "we don't know", but within that answer ET is one of the possibilities. This addresses the illogical title "Why do people still believe that UFO's are aliens?"

The answer to the OP is "because they don't know where UFO's are from, therefore ET's is as good a guess as anyone else's"

edit on 10-6-2013 by peashooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

The answer to the OP is "because they don't know where UFO's are from, therefore ET's is as good a guess as anyone else's"
I wouldn't go quite that far.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian
reply to post by Phage

I think the word that both you and Phage are looking for is:

Inconclusive

leading to no clear result.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

reply to post by Jefferton

Of course most UFO's are just that, unidentifiable.

If you had witnessed the Orb that I did and also observed how it vanished right before a friend and myself you too would lean toward alien technology.
Although I can't 100% say it was in fact Alien, but if it's not then the Governments have some explaining to do.
Why is an orb necessarily alien technology?

It's not that it was an Orb that made it possibly Alien it's because it vanished right in front of two witnesses, myself included. I didn't dare blink as I wondered what it was. Then suddenly it was gone as though it, as corny as it may sound, cloaked itself.

Take my account as you will but I know for a fact it makes me look up more nowadays. Somethings up there that even commercial and military pilots can't identify.

Don't get me wrong, I have an up-close vanishing orb sighting myself. Was it extraterrestrial? I don't know. Was it military? I think not. Was it intelligent? I believe so. What was it? HellifIknow!

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful

reply to post by Phage

Inconclusive

its really hard to say which is correct.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Yeah. I tried that. It didn't really work either. I need a noun.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I think it is short sighted to claim that there is no other intelligent life in the whole vastness of the universe.

The question is really whether they are here or not and there is no way for us to say, currently, for sure.

So if you think about it.people who categorically state either way are wrong.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful

reply to post by Phage

Inconclusive

its really hard to say which is correct.

Tongue in cheek!

I'd give you more than one star if I could for that reply! hehehehehhe.

I firmly believe there is other life out there.

I hope that conditions for a lot of that life was good enough for them to develop intelligence (if you look at how it all is suppose to of happen here on Earth, it's like we had one lucky break after another, starting with the formation of the moon 4 billion years ago....).

I believe UFOs exist. There are too many pictures, videos , eyewitness accounts to simply say they don't exist.

Howver......there is a very good reason that they are called UFOs. That first word is "Unidentified"

It means no one knows for sure what they are or could be.

We can speculate all we want, but until one lands and allows us to examine it, or one crashes and we can examine it (and I mean one that is examined by scientist and not hidden away.....if that was the case back in '47), there just is no way that anyone can say absolutely what they are.

You can believe what you want. However, that is all it is: a belief. It's not proof, nor fact.

So they remain.....conclusively.......Unidentified

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by siliconpsychosis

So if you think about it.people who categorically state either way are wrong.

What category? All sightings? Radar anomalies? Lights in the sky?
That is why it is important to look at individual cases rather than throwing them all into a single bucket. Too many "categories", each with their own subcategories.
edit on 6/10/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I meant people who flatly refuse to believe in anything alien existing, or.possibly.visiting without looking, or caring to.look at the other side.ofnthe arguement..

Conversely the same would be true of those who believe without any doubt in their.mind

Edit. Goddamn keyboard
edit on 10-6-2013 by siliconpsychosis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Got it. Got tangled up in the evidence aspect.
You are right.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Got it. Got tangled up in the evidence aspect.
You are right.

No.problem. sorry about.my crappy keyboard putting. In everything

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Why do people still believe that UFO's are alien?

It's a combination of ignorance and wishful thinking.

We've known since the 1960s at the latest that earth is in the goldilocks zone vis-a-vis the sun - that all the other planets in the solar system are either too close or too distant from the sun to support life.

That's it. Case closed.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
These days--as lame as it may sound--I lean towards a "critters" explanation. I think "critters" get a bad rap--in part--because of the so-called "rods" that definitely turned out to be insects.

Even though they've been referred to as "critters" doesn't mean--in my book--that they aren't imbued with magnificent intelligence and consciousness.

Plasma and electromagnetic phenomena have long been associated with ufos. Why don't we look a little closer to home? Both NASA and the British MOD have surmised that we might be dealing with a "plasma" phenomena. Further, Bohm noted that plasmas are capable of mimicking "life." Not to mention the for some reason mostly unknown scientific Project Identification study that concluded we were dealing with unknown plasma phenomena! (Somebunny PLEASE do a comprehensive thread on Project Identification and lemme know when you do. If not, I'll get around to it myself.)

When I consider my own "orb" sighting and the undeniable historical preponderance of evidence (Vallee, Aubeck, et al) that suggest "intelligent balls of light," and the further photographic evidence that seems to defy "nuts & bolt space craft" but is perfectly consistent with intelligent, somtimes-luminescent life, I think the concept is often overlooked.

From ancient accounts to modern sts footage--including Story Musgrave's "space worm"--to the most credible sightings, it seems to me we are dealing with an intelligence that may be right here...overhead and alongside us.
edit on 10-6-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join