It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people still believe that UFO's are alien?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well I did ask a layman answer, to that.... Check and mate...

The only sentient life in the galaxy... Then again that is layman due to billions of galaxy's...

What about the cosmos? Think there's any with enough tech to make it billions of light years across the cosmos to study and monitor us?

edit on 10-6-2013 by sulaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

Assuming it is actually a physical thing performing those maneuvers, why assume there is any living thing inside that thing?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

What about the cosmos? Think there's any with enough tech to make it billions of light years across the cosmos to study and monitor us?

I don't know.

But finding little old us in that great big cosmos might prove to be a bit problematic even if they could make the trip.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll

Originally posted by Jefferton
First serious post.

So many people believe this to be true. They can't understand why others don't believe.

Is there even on scrap of evidence to prove it? I wanted to believe for so long. But over the years the fakes have killed my belief. How do you still believe??

I believe UFO's are alien because of the sharp, angular turns they do whilst at ridiculous speeds.

A human being would just be a red, bloody smear on the craft's walls doing those kinds of manouvers, surely?

how about unmanned drones ? .

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by sulaw

Do you believe we are the only one's in this galaxy Phage?

The only one's what? Who is the only one?

I don't think we are the only life in this galaxy.

edit on 6/10/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

I am pretty sure you can only have one...one, if it is multiple ones('s) then it is two or more or possessive...and you Phage can't own the Galaxy, cause it's mine and hey there are like a Billion Billion more so get your own! lol

But I digress.
edit on 10-6-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Do I get until sundown to get out?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

reply to post by abeverage

Do I get until sundown to get out?

We have extended your Visa and you are always welcome for a visit. Just wanted to clarify you just cannot claim Divine rights over the MilkyWay if you were entertaining those thoughts.

I have heard there are some good deals to be made in the Virgo Supercluster with rates how they are.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 10-6-2013 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

"You can skip the ad in 5...4...3..2....."

Need I say more?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Assuming it is actually a physical thing performing those maneuvers, why assume there is any living thing inside that thing?

Point taken.

If there was a living being in there, it couldn't be a human.

If there isn't anything alive flying it. Then I have no idea what it could be.

What do you think they are?
edit on 10-6-2013 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
reply to post by Jefferton

Of course most UFO's are just that, unidentifiable.

If you had witnessed the Orb that I did and also observed how it vanished right before a friend and myself you too would lean toward alien technology.
Although I can't 100% say it was in fact Alien, but if it's not then the Governments have some explaining to do.
Why is an orb necessarily alien technology?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
It annoys me when people say things like "wow, the distances are too great for us humans, therefore it's impossible for an alien visit"

IF, IF an alien were to visit, and they can explore galaxies why the heck is it hard for them to find earth?

Use your logic, if they can travel galaxies, finding life on earth would be a walk in the park.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll

Point taken.

If there was a living being in there, it couldn't be a human.

If there isn't anything alive flying it. Then I have no idea what it could be.

What do you think they are?
edit on 10-6-2013 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

Intelligent machines or a probe or a previously undefined undiscovered life form, or swamp gas lol

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by peashooter

It annoys me when people say things like "wow, the distances are too great for us humans, therefore it's impossible for an alien visit"
Didn't say that.

IF, IF an alien were to visit, and they can explore galaxies why the heck is it hard for them to find earth?
Because the Galaxy is a very, very big place.

Use your logic, if they can travel galaxies, finding life on earth would be a walk in the park.
My logic tells me otherwise.

But if you assume that ET can easily traverse great distances and if you assume that they can find Earth amongst the billions of planets which are spread over trillions of cubic light years (Trillions! That's a lot of space!). Sure. Piece of cake. Or maybe they just got lucky.

That still doesn't mean they are doing it.

edit on 6/10/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordDerpingtonSmythe
Learning the incredible distances between us and even our nearest neighbour stars (even the sun)
made me understand at a young age that, even if aliens existed beyond earth, the chances of them
travelling to earth are slim to none.

Speculation beyond this point, is a pointless waste of my energy.

And that is why some of the smartest people in the world disagree with you? Interesting, I guess we all choose who to learn from.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Was not referring to your posts Phage, please don't always get so defensive when clearly I was not addressing your comment.

If you take the time to read the first page I was replying to "LordDerpingtonSmythe"

Now that you've chimed in, yes galaxies are very very far, but I'm sure faster than light travel has likely been achieved by these UFO's.

I posted this on another thread but here it is:

Over 80 years combined Catalog of Military, Airliner, Private Pilots’ Sightings

www.ufoevidence.org...

So let's assume it's not an intelligent race piloting these crafts, what are the other possibilities for OPEN-minded skeptics?

A) unmanned crafts by intelligent race
B) balls of energy from another dimension
C) time travelling humans

What other guesses if you don't want the "alien" answer? Please, throw in some suggestions because I'm sure all these pilots/military personel aren't seeing things over the span of 80 years right?

PS. no offense phage, but most of the comments you address are simply comments of your own, addressing your own logic as the truth. I mean, stars mean a lot but sometimes you can't be sure about everything. Logic doesn't show the answer to the UFO's or else we would have figured it out a long time ago.

greyer, nice video from Michio Kaku, at 5 minutes he couldn't have said it better regarding the distance between galaxies. Other intelligent species could be millions of years old, maybe even older if they have colonized different parts of space. Technological advances would be unimaginable.
edit on 10-6-2013 by peashooter because: took out the smiley face

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

It is impressive footage.
But did you really look deeper into it?
There is a ton of material on here regarding that particular video.
At least one explanation is very good I think.

It was proposed that the Ufo is a tiny object, ice crystal or small debris, the flash of the laser weapon is the thrusters firing up, the particle is caught by the jet stream of the thrusters and shoots away at an angle.

I can see that happening.
But I also vaguely remember someone claimed the object stopped there for a second, odd if true.

Sorry for not being on topic.
There is a notable shift how the term is used, actually I believe most people don't assume UFO's must necessarily be alien.

edit on 10-6-2013 by derpif because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by greyer
And that is why some of the smartest people in the world disagree with you? Interesting, I guess we all choose who to learn from.

I like Michio Kaku, he explains incredibly complex subjects in such easy to understand language.

Give me a shout when Michio Kaku has engineered faster than light spaceship that we
can use to travel across the universe, or an experiment that proves it is even possible.

Until then I will redirect my energy into more useful areas of my short life.

edit on 10-6-2013 by LordDerpingtonSmythe because: format

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

reply to post by sulaw

I don't know.

But finding little old us in that great big cosmos might prove to be a bit problematic even if they could make the trip.

What makes you think it was ever a question of finding us in one trip? You really beg the question. But then debunkers always do. ETs could have been travelling through space for thousands or even millions of years. They did not find us after one trip. They found us by accident after millions of forays out into space. You raise phony problems in order to maintain a phony position. It's a totally discredited tactic used by debunkers.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by peashooter

Over 80 years combined Catalog of Military, Airliner, Private Pilots’ Sightings

www.ufoevidence.org...

So let's assume it's not an intelligent race piloting these crafts, what are the other possibilities for OPEN-minded skeptics?

A) unmanned crafts by intelligent race
B) balls of energy from another dimension
C) time travelling humans

What other guesses if you don't want the "alien" answer? Please, throw in some suggestions because I'm sure all these pilots/military personel aren't seeing things over the span of 80 years right?

That's a lot of sightings. Which ones were confirmed alien space vehicles?

Which ones are confirmed misidentifications?

How are you sure they aren't seeing things?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join