It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people still believe that UFO's are alien?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Do we turn away from unknowns simply because we don't have all the answers or do we keep looking, keep thinking?

No NO.

However one should not turn to the unknown until all other known avenues are exhausted.

Its been suggested that if a case is concluded unknown that the ET hypothesis is as valid as any other.

How can the ET hypothesis be as valid as a ball lightening explanation for a (hypothetical) occurrence where Orbs or plasma balls have been observed yet no conclusive answer has been found due to not enough data to examine?

Wouldn't logic and reason point to the ball lightening explanation as being just a little more valid as
its a known fact that has been studied and researched by many over the ET hypothesis?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Yeah well considering when it comes to UFO's their believers think like earthlings complete with lights, etc.

Now any advanced civilization capable of space flight would not be using lights or anything else we could ever recognize.

People see what they want to see it is also epitome arrogance to think we would ever be 'visited' by other worldly beings.

Really somethings never change being from the time they thought they earth was flat, and people still think they are the center of the universe.

Things never change only the date.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I personally think that these bright glowing spheres that dart around in the upper atmosphere are not ships. It seems more likely that they are living beings that can jump in and out of this dimension/reality. Just because they are big doesnt mean they are ships. I have seen them in person before, and I personally do not think they are ships. Just my .02

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

until the entirely overwhelming 'all knowing' energy encompassed us and we 'felt' or 'knew' and 'trusted' rather than rationalised the experience, it was as if becoming part of a solution to which I felt I belonged. Like dissolving salt in a salt water solution or something to that effect, I felt it was of the essence of everything, an absolute essence or an absolute truth. Hence the screen name, nothing of earth has anything similar in my experience.

You used the word energy. That was essentially what I was getting at. The archetype I was referring to was the concept of aliens from outer space - the cat-eyed grey alien. The automatic explanatory zeal of the alien. That is the archetype. The phenomenon itself is energetic. You said it yourself.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Too many people on here are over thinking this.

People want to believe there is something more.
Small isn't small enough. They think there is something smaller.
Big isn't big enough. . . . .
An accident can't be an accident. There must be someone behind the accident.
Death of a prominant person must be cause by someone else.
Death can't be the end. There must be something after death.

Aliens represent something more.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by gnostician

What does being Swiss have to do with it? And why assume I am American? I am not...

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Jefferton

its as easy as understanding the sheer magnitude of life on our planet earth..

realizing how many other stars our just in the Milky Way alone..

and how many billions & billions of other galaxies are out there...

life will find a way to live... it always does.. well, is, finding a way..

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by covertpanther

You are living a fantasy. Sorry.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Crazy things happen in this world.
Like 79 flags for seven sentences saying UFO's aren't real.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by corsair00

Perhaps I should explain further, it wasn't the being AS an energy, the being or craft utilized an energy, the being looked as real as any human, just not entirely human and it had a powerful energy. Archetypes are more in the realms of particular types of human such as mother, teacher etc. I have studied psychology and I truly feel it wasn't a psychological experience, it was physical, it moved me and another person, literally, it had a powerful force upon our physical bodies.

Though I do believe in dimensions and communication on many levels, I believe this communication as well as the physical manipulation happen simultaneously though both are real. Are you suggesting psychological phenomena can literally manipulate the physical as in levitation and a whole physical experience because it really didn't feel like that.
edit on 11-6-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jefferton
reply to post by covertpanther

You are living a fantasy. Sorry.

That's it? Nothing more? Just living a fantasy? I'm sure you have Illusions to safety, to that I would deem a fantasy. But to just give a one liner? It's just like your OP... You can sit there all you want and say NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NOT REAL but until you provide definitive proof without unquestionable reasonable doubt that these people are wrong your in the fantasy land.

Not that I'm deeming everything as Alien but you you have barely contributed to your OP and that OP is lacking... Sustenance and Quality. How this thread went so far is beyond logical and to make it as the front page of ATS is Alien in itself.

Debunk w/ proof. Or else everyone's owns personal views makes this whole shenanighan of a thread null and void and we are all wrong.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Light is essential in the universe, if there was never light, there would be nothing, no heat no planets, no stars nothing so it is extremely likely that any advanced beings would use LIGHT, it is the mastery of 'light' such as in the utilization of fire, fuel, electricity (the first impetus was probably witnessing the light produced from static energy, like when moving a duvet fast in the dark) etc that has allowed humanity the technology it has.

You aren't in a position for determining which technology any other advanced species doesn't have, so you shouldn't presume anything.

''People only seeing what they want to see'', I would place you in that category as dismissing something as entirely impossible just because you didn't see it is blinkered to say the least.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Faith is not determined by outside events or what happens/doesn't happen. It's up to you to keep the faith as you see fit and in consultation with your heart and higher self.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

But the most intelligent right?..

It's hard to answer this question real or not but I have the feeling that when encounter strange phenomena 'your instincts will take over and you feel what you see I guess..
edit on 11-6-2013 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

You aren't in a position for determining which technology any other advanced species doesn't have, so you shouldn't presume anything.

Spent a decade around aircraft I would say I know a thing or two about them more so in fact that those who get their 'facts' from the internets'.

edit on 11-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Yeah well considering when it comes to UFO's their believers think like earthlings complete with lights, etc.

Now any advanced civilization capable of space flight would not be using lights or anything else we could ever recognize.

People see what they want to see it is also epitome arrogance to think we would ever be 'visited' by other worldly beings.

Really somethings never change being from the time they thought they earth was flat, and people still think they are the center of the universe.

Things never change only the date.

I think those 2 lines show that you are the epitome of ignorance.

"any advanced civilization would not be using lights or anything else we can recognize"

You say this with certainty just because you have a decade experience with some aircraft? Ok... how about all the pilots with decades of experience who made the report for spotting UFO's?

Are you kidding me? That is an assumption, and an assumption is pure speculation at this point, because NO ONE can state for sure what an advanced civilization would use/would not use on their spacecraft.

Because of some people's beliefs over thousands of sightings you believe they are the center of the universe for SPECULATING it might have been ET?

Wow, get a grip. Deny ignorance. Seems like someone is inflated with ego after 10 years of experience.

Some of the comments are so closed-minded that I wonder if people are going "lalala" with fingers in their ears as they come up with replies.
edit on 11-6-2013 by peashooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
all evidence from countless reliable sources with direct knowledge suggests that they are here, in various species and large quantities. listen to former canadian defence minister paul hellyer, gorbachev, generals and pilots from around the world, as well as military and govt. employees who have worked directly with them. evidence is abundant (including biblical and medieval art works and universal myths related to mind boggling feats of technology by stone aged cultures) and convincing, and there are a number of credible videos of e.t.s close up on youtube.

while it used to be that you could say a flying saucer was probably of e.t. occupancy or control, nowadays after reverse engineering it can often be confusing. however, mother ships of cigar shape have been repeatedly observed sometimes running for kms or miles in length in our atmosphere.

for some, however, regardless of a plethora of reliable witnessing, it's like ghosts--you believe it when you see it (or one of them), which is fine as long as you don't dismiss the probability or, at least, possibility.

there, my $0.02.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by peashooter

I think those 2 lines show that you are the epitome of ignorance.

Opinions will vary.

You say this with certainty just because you have a decade experience with some aircraft? Ok... how about all the pilots with decades of experience who made the report for spotting UFO's?

As opposed to basing an opinions off hearsay anyone in this thread have personal experience?

Inquiring minds want to know like this personal experience there's an international airport 30 miles from where I live, there is another airport 20 miles to the north.

In 43 years I have always known what I was looking at.

Are you kidding me? That is an assumption, and an assumption is pure speculation at this point, because NO ONE can state for sure what an advanced civilization would use/would not use on their spacecraft.

As oppose to the ASSUMPTION that 'UFOS are real.

Because of some people's beliefs over thousands of sightings you believe they are the center of the universe for SPECULATING it might have been ET?

Thousands of assumptions based off hearsay.

Really talk about the epitome of ignorance.

Denying ignorance is debunking ufos not embracing ignorance.
edit on 11-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Define the term "UFO's are real"

Unidentified Flying Objects are real. Anything wrong with this sentence? No, because we don't know what those objects are, so they are classified as UNIDENTIFIED.

If I was flying an RC helicopter and people on the ground didn't know what it was, it is called? You guessed it, unidentified flying object. Doesn't mean it isn't real, just means they haven't confirmed what it was.

So to answer your question: YES they are real.

To disagree would mean that everyone (hundreds of thousands of people) including: pilots/military/citizens/government and the photos/documents/radar records/flight data

are all "not real" according to you then?

Thousands of assumptions!?! No, it's called SEEING AN UNIDENTIFIED OBJECT. If you worked at an airport for 10 years and you don't know what that means, then wow.

It seems like some people still don't understand the difference between these 2 things:

Unidentified flying objects

VS.

ALIENS!!! ALIENS!!!!

The first one is real, the second one is not confirmed.

PS: (all of these are just assumptions right? assumptions of "unidentified flying objects"? )
www.ufoevidence.org...
spaceflare.com...
www.ufocasebook.com...

LOL btw if you want to "debunk" UFO's you better clear the entire airspace on planet Earth because even a weather balloon (if it hasn't be identified) can be a UFO.

How do you debunk "something flying which hasn't be identified yet"? Do you have any idea how many things that definition covers? ANYTHING that hasn't been identified.

Good luck debunking that. What were you saying about ignorance?
edit on 11-6-2013 by peashooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by peashooter

To disagree would mean that everyone (hundreds of thousands of people) including: pilots/military/citizens/government and the photos/documents/radar records/flight data

Is there a point there?

People say a lot of things like they see mermaids,bigfoot,aliens, Elvis, and Tupac. etc.

Sorry never been one to base my opinions on what other people say.

For the record there are hundreds of thousands of people who have never seen a 'UFO' since people want to play semantics with the word.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join