It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by TheEthicalSkeptic
The Eleven Big Lies - which you must accept, which are compulsory and implied, when a discussion leap-frogs to the "universe is too big" talking point one-liner.
1. The proponent understands the entire limits of cosmological physics, personally.
2. "little old us" self generated on this planet
3. "little old us (as life) " existed for 2.4+ billion years unnoticed
4. The cosmos is big to all observers
5. Space travel is accomplished by Newtonian stainless steel appliances
6. "They" is a definable being
7. "They" is limited to the same limitations as humans
8. Only our sentiently detected sets of dimensions and frame of reference exist
9. There is no means of travel which eludes the repeatably measurable grasp of our scientists
10. We have been given ethical sets of information on the subject
11. Everyone is ethically and innocently here looking for the facts and waiting for the proof.
Originally posted by Indigo5
reply to post by SaturnFX
I'll agree with that. Also...It is likely that any advanced civilization found other planets with life prior to us, and has long ago established policy for such encounters. There would be nothing here on earth that would demand contact, ...interest maybe, but not contact.
therefore ET's is as good a guess as anyone else's"
Originally posted by TruthSeekersRUS
Why do people say that UFO's are alien?
Because they have no idea what UFO means. Ask anyone what a UFO is, and they will say ET.
A UFO could be a plane one cannot name...
A UFO could be under sea with luminescence that one cannot name. Therefor it is a UFO.. Or, in these terms. A UWFO.
Originally posted by sulaw
I'm only aiming at the 100% alien crowd. The ones that never question anything.
So what's the point of the thread? To help people who don't question, start questioning?
So where's your proof that they don't exist?
edit on 10-6-2013 by sulaw because: (no reason given)
Originally posted by Dominar
I believe that there is definitely life out there, intelligent life... I also believe that most of the UFO sightings are probably our own technology that is being kept away from the public because it would remove the stranglehold that the energy companies have on us.
When I used to hear "UFO", I automatically thought of Aliens like some sort of Pavlovian response to the term. I'm not sure, but there seems to be some sort of agenda to constantly link UFOs to Aliens in the media and entertainment...
Originally posted by Archirvion
reply to post by Jefferton
Are you nuts? Go watch sirius,or travel abit around the world,read some history.
If you even doubt that they exist, it pretty much says it all