It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people still believe that UFO's are alien?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian

Can you provide a quote from someone that said that something doesn't exist until proven scientifically?

Let's try this..

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian

That's a lot of sightings. Which ones were confirmed alien space vehicles?

What does "confirmed" mean in this statement?

Absent that "confirmation" does that mean that those sightings were not Alien craft?

If you can not say one way or another...then wouldn't discussing the evidence be useful in forming an opinion, if not a scientific conclusion?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

There is no proof that they are not piloted by flying snails with flipper arms...therefore, they are piloted by flying snails with flipper arms until there is proof that they aren't

All hail the flying flipper armed snail overlords.

Well, I think any UFO must first be assumed to be a terrestrial craft, even experimental, or an optical illusion...that is always the likliest of explanations for first hand witnesses, for 3rd party evaluators of evidence you add the potential for hoaxed evidence, testimony and imagery.

Secondly...If those things can be largely excluded, then it might be possible to entertain the possibility of Alien craft.

I rank flying snails on the bottom of liklihoods

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
My structure of understanding / belief on the alien (menace?) as it stands
-subject to change based on any evidence-

-I do not believe life is unique to earth. the concept seems so profoundly unlikely that it would be almost magical if that was the case. I do not believe in magic.

-Since life is not unique, then over the multi-billion squared chances of life throughout time in the formation and continuation of the universe. many times life evolved into advanced, and super advanced life

-I do believe we are very young in our scientific understandings (about 10k years of development..cosmologically near infantile)

-I believe then that super advanced aliens with properly developed science would easily overcome things we find to be problematic, such as distance, speed, time, space, etc.

-Although I enjoy entertaining the idea, I do not believe that a encounter with such a race would be a bunch of meaty aliens stuffed in a machine..it would be probes (at least initially). Perhaps the size of coins that would simply observe.

-such tiny probes would not necessarily be targeted directly at this planet. For efficiencys sake, every planet and solar system in the galaxy (multiple galaxys likely) would have such devices and monitoring. Alerting and gathering information whenever anything of interest happens (such as detection of life, of advancements, nuclear tech, and any other significant milestone)

-I believe that nuclear technology is significant..if only in its significance to self annihilate. So we may indeed be having some extra probing done

This is my system of "belief" on aliens and earth. Done purely out of likely events.

I also entertain the idea that spottings of aliens are actually (potentially) time travelling homo-sapiens from our distant future where such stuff is easy to figure out. Reasons, unknown (perhaps genetic research..perhaps just a history lesson)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Again, where does the radar confirmed or visually confirmed "miles-long" crafts fit into your equation?

Shall we look at these for a moment? Just a moment.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by SaturnFX

There is no proof that they are not piloted by flying snails with flipper arms...therefore, they are piloted by flying snails with flipper arms until there is proof that they aren't

All hail the flying flipper armed snail overlords.

Well, I think any UFO must first be assumed to be a terrestrial craft, even experimental, or an optical illusion...that is always the likliest of explanations for first hand witnesses, for 3rd party evaluators of evidence you add the potential for hoaxed evidence, testimony and imagery.

Secondly...If those things can be largely excluded, then it might be possible to entertain the possibility of Alien craft.

I rank flying snails on the bottom of liklihoods

My first thought is: atmospheric anomaly (many people see satellites also and think its alien motherships).
So yes, natural, terrestrial, then flying flippered snail.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The big problem is people tend to be unable to report what they witness or experience without adding in their own interpretations and opinions. I have no doubt there are high technologies in this worlds existence. I have witnessed lights moving like crafts, seemingly with intelligence, as well as communication through thought projections. Can I honestly say what I witnessed was alien? No I can't but I can only answer for my own experience. I'm sure others have had their own unique experiences that may differ from my own. The scariest thing I discovered while researching my own experiences was an interview with three scientists I found on youtube. These scientists had conducted the most in depth detailed psychoanalysis of UFO abductees ever recorded. The frightening thing is they are concluded these events were real, many had identical exeriences, and ALL who experience communication received a message as if these intelligent entities were from a Religious/Anglelic/Godly origin. When I was abducted I was told I was communicating with the Angel Raphael. I never saw him though. Just as easily could have been a government mind experiment / psyop. I experienced it and I have no proof of anything other than they told me things that were going to happen in my life that ended up happening..

youtu.be...
edit on 11-6-2013 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Here's a question: Why is it so hard to believe that MAYBE we ARE the only life forms, in the universe? Are we just going to keep sending money into space, searching for life, while destroying the life on our planet, in hopes of finding E.T.'s??? Here's an idea, if these "aliens" are so "smart", why don't they find us; instead of us searching for them. Life on other planets should hardly be a concern to us. We got bigger things to worry about. Let's take care of the life on this planet, first!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Are there humans in Mars, Jupiter or Venus?
No?!
So, the human species does not exist.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

Ha ha. No one really buys into that assumption anymore.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
It is best to look at science with the thought in mind, “We cannot possibly know all the answers.” or, like they say in fighting sports, “There is always someone bigger, stronger, or faster.”

When you think about the possibility of life existing elsewhere do not limit yourself in your ability to imagine the possibilities by stating, “We are alone.” etc, etc.

What we know of chance is irrelevant. What we know of history is irrelevant. What we determine to be proof is irrelevant.

The only thing which matters is so simple, “Do you, or do you not believe there is life outside of our planet?”

In which case you are right in whatever your opinion is. We cannot possibly know whether we are wrong, but the potential that we may be right (if our answer is a ‘yes’) certainly does exist.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Why do people still believe that UFO's are alien?

Alien meaning off-world right?
If they aren't ETs then they must be Spiritual crafts/beings/entities.... and in this day & age the religious angle is a weak arguement... whereas the scientific or pseudo-scientific realm is the modern 'faith' paradigm

'Alien' implies a unknown but real existence ... and therefore a degree of being a rational explaination...
but 'Spiritual' is code for having a wacko belief system
edit on 11-6-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Jefferton

Im not going to bother reading through replies, because I've been on Ats long enough to know the typical answers.. I'll just respond with honesty and experience, two things most members here have not.

@ the title question - because some of us have had contact throughout tour life, telepathic communication with these beings on the sships over our skies, and lastly - because the 60's to the early 90's were climax period for abductions on innocent people who recall these beings playing "operation" on them.

Furthermore; because you havent experienced or seen them, is the only reason youu dont 'beleive'.. All beings (even human) have an agenda or REASON for everything they do - thus they do bother showing themselves to everyone for the sake of a tiny human mind to beleive.

The ignorance of this thread annd most members on this site is unbeleivable. Because they were not "picked" (in a sense) to have such experiences and recall them - they become skeptical, and jelous of those who have. People dont want to admit it, but it is a huge jelousy thing that some have seen spaceships, been in contact with ET/ID beings, or were involved in the game of operation.

I have seen these beings, had telepathic communication, and seen MANY ships over my country home. I've heard their voice, felt their thoughts and their energy. You are just ignorant and jelous becuse you havent

And that is the truth

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by WonderBoi
Here's a question: Why is it so hard to believe that MAYBE we ARE the only life forms, in the universe?

Math

Are we just going to keep sending money into space, searching for life,

What a person does with their private funds is up to them.
The few token pennies we have spent on such ventures before has paid back tremendously with simply encouraging young dreamers to chase up careers in science. Dreams and hopes are never a wasted investment.

while destroying the life on our planet, in hopes of finding E.T.'s???

We destroy the life on our planet by doing our day to day stuff. I don't know of any case where a search for alien signatures = destroying life here. Pretty sure we are using telescopes to look made from metal and glass and not bones and skin. Not sure what your on about

Here's an idea, if these "aliens" are so "smart", why don't they find us;

You realize the discussion has always been that they have found us, and are sort of hiding behind the curtains observing.

instead of us searching for them. Life on other planets should hardly be a concern to us. We got bigger things to worry about. Let's take care of the life on this planet, first!

Why are you commenting in this subject? Do you also seek out television shows you don't watch to say you don't watch nor like the show? What a waste of time for you. Why not comment on something you do enjoy talking about..like how HAARP has caused it to rain in your neighborhood today or something.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The Twelve Big Boasts - which you must accept, which are compulsory and implied, when a discussion leap-frogs to the "universe is too big to travel" talking point one-liner.

1. The proponent understands the entire limits of cosmological physics, personally.
2. "little old us" self generated (abiogenesis) on this planet
3. "little old us (as life)" existed for 2.4+ billion years unnoticed
4. The cosmos is big to all observers
5. Space travel is accomplished by Newtonian stainless steel appliances
6. "They" is a definable being
7. "They" is limited to the same limitations as humans
8. "They" would, for a variety of reasons, possess no interest in us
9. Only our sentiently detected sets of dimensions and frame of reference exist
10. There is no means of travel which eludes the repeatably measurable grasp of our scientists
11. We have been given ethical sets of information on the subject
12. Everyone is ethically and innocently here looking for the facts and waiting for the proof.

I don't buy any of the BIG TWELVE.

This is not a salient argument of evidence, it is armchair denial. An excuse to avoid looking.

edit on 11-6-2013 by TheEthicalSkeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma
reply to post by Indigo5

Again, where does the radar confirmed or visually confirmed "miles-long" crafts fit into your equation?

Shall we look at these for a moment? Just a moment.

Hmm...You said "again"? Did you ask me that before?

To answer your question, I guess I would need to examine the specific sighting evidence and it's veracity.

Radars are not infallable and can and do present false hits.

Are we talking about a witnessed craft? Corelated to radar? Multiple witnesses? Joe blow or trained pilots? Any photographic or video evidence? Is that imagery validated as original by witnesses or gov or private entity? etc. etc.

Don't understand...you ducked my question and gave me a strange one.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I think the idea of advanced Aliens and Technology is highly overrated. What do the Aliens do when they reach such a level of Tech?
Wouldn't they be bored to death?

There is definitely a much bigger and unknown side to this phenomenon. But no one wants to agree. We just stick to advanced aliens from outer space monitoring planets for the purpose of killing boredom.

All these talks of alien monitoring, advancements, competing with planets for resources are assumptions solely based on human intentions and fear. We are outdone so badly by this phenomenon that we do not want to consider an alternative explanation.

edit on 11-6-2013 by radkrish because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-6-2013 by radkrish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I'll agree with that. Also...It is likely that any advanced civilization found other planets with life prior to us, and has long ago established policy for such encounters. There would be nothing here on earth that would demand contact, ...interest maybe, but not contact.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by sulaw

What about the cosmos? Think there's any with enough tech to make it billions of light years across the cosmos to study and monitor us?

I don't know.

But finding little old us in that great big cosmos might prove to be a bit problematic even if they could make the trip.

Phage, you're such a small thinker. You have absolutely NO idea what would or would not be "problematic" for a civilization with technology a thousand, a million or a billion years ahead of us. You're basing your naive assumption on what we humans think is possible. Very very short-sighted to say the least.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jefferton
First serious post.

So many people believe this to be true. They can't understand why others don't believe.

Is there even on scrap of evidence to prove it? I wanted to believe for so long. But over the years the fakes have killed my belief. How do you still believe??
edit on 10-6-2013 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-6-2013 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

My best answer is to use an example. Ball lightening. It is known to exist but I have never seen it nor anyone I know and we don't have any physical evidence. Just a few pictures. Same goes for ET

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
If you had witnessed the Orb that I did and also observed how it vanished right before a friend and myself you too would lean toward alien technology.

I had a very similar experience. Orb, with friend, it dissappeared right before our eyes.

I'd lean towards "faries" more than aliens though.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join