It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people still believe that UFO's are alien?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Jefferton

I'm not saying these are Alien... UFO certainly. Some of you already know the following vid's.. so excuse me for fillin yo dash up..

1ºst

Unexplained episode of an UFO sighting, brought up by the Portuguese Military Air Force
(vídeo from 00:00 to 22:40 min)

2ºnd

More "unknow stuff" from the skies above (watch from 27:22 until 45:00 min):

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Not everything is yes or no, black and white, believe or not believe.. allot of us just shows interest in the greatest question in the universe

There don't have to be any proof to believe something

BUT there are countless episodes of reported abductions and sightings of crafts doing impossible movement, and 100 perhaps 1000 of personal disclosures of people that worked on various military locations and on secret projects.
and out of millions of pictures and videos of UFO´s and aliens.. remember only one have to be real to make it so

It would NOT be logical to assume we are alone in the universe, therefor its logical to show interest in the subject, and that´s not the same as believing, that's just being human nature

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

The obvious problem of a lack of proof comes from the fact that the credible information which does exist has been buried by a plethora of inaccurate,misleading,and simply misidentified examples. Some of which may be harmless examples of not doing the research or simply being overly eager in wanting to find the answers.

Let me state it clearly...I Definitely do not think that all ufo's are alien..likely only a small percentage, perhaps less than 10%.

Then there are the countless charlatans wanting to cash in,as well as those who intentionally release countless amounts of garbage knowing that over time the credibility of the subject of will suffer and the facts worth knowing will have been long forgotten.

Your not the only one to be discouraged by your inability in finding irrefutable proof. If you continue digging,and you can do a lot of digging in 27 years, you will see the information is there. I believe I read some time ago... That it could likely be proven in a court of law under the right circumstances.

Regardless...Does It really matter? If the UFO'S and their alien operators wished to be known..They Would Be Known..For now We can only wait.

Maybe try researching Dr. J. Allen Hynek

tom
edit on 11-6-2013 by wutz4tom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jefferton
First serious post.

So many people believe this to be true. They can't understand why others don't believe.

Is there even on scrap of evidence to prove it? I wanted to believe for so long. But over the years the fakes have killed my belief. How do you still believe??
edit on 10-6-2013 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

So I am much like you. A skeptic by nature...but....

So I even believe that Roswell was an USSR operation as opposed to aliens.

I think that Rendelsham forrest is one part confusion, one part hoax.

AND...I still believe that there has been alien life that has visited the earth.

It appears to me that it is the peak of arrogance to arrange our human view of the universe as a place where we are the only civilized life.

Everything we learn in science and astronomy continually debunks that view at a steady pace...

We started out thinking that the earth was the center of the universe ...

Then we conceded that the sun was the center of our solar system, but our solar system was still the center of the universe..

Then we conceded that our solar system was not the center of the universe...nor was our galaxy...etc

But we clung to the idea that other stars probably didn't have planets...and if they did it was impossible that they would be in the goldi-lox zone of life.

Now we have discovered a 1000 more planets beside earth...nearly every star appears to have planets...and we have found planets in the goldilox zone and we can't even see earth size planets yet.

Every year brings more revelation.

The stats just heavily skew toward other life, and billions of planets, and the near certaintity that many of those planets have life that evolved into civilized, technological societies....and that many of those civilizations would be on a time/history scale that would be much farther along than ourselves.

I fall into the star-trek "Prime Directive" camp.

The Prime Directive dictates that there can be no interference with the internal development of alien civilizations.

It has special implications, however, for civilizations that have not yet developed the technology for interstellar spaceflight ("pre-warp"), since no primitive culture can be given or exposed to any information regarding advanced technology or the existence of extraplanetary civilizations, lest this exposure alter the natural development of the civilization.

en.wikipedia.org...

Otherwise...any civilization advanced enough to traverse the light years neccessary to visit other civilizations...is advanced enough to choose not to interfere with us "primitive" humans.

We are a forrest preserve to more advanced civilizations with a big "do not enter" sign posted out front.

Honestly...any civilization that is still involved in tribal warfare on a global scale...killing one another over pretend lines drawn in the dirt and over the difference between what "gods" each tribe worships???

We might have technology, but we are only inches away from living in caves and hitting eachother over the head with rocks.

There is nothing a genuinely advanced civilization would see on earth that would make them think that we are ready to join a larger community.

edit on 11-6-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

First serious post.

So many people believe this to be true. They can't understand why others don't believe.

Is there even on scrap of evidence to prove it? I wanted to believe for so long. But over the years the fakes have killed my belief. How do you still believe??

Evidence and proof are two different things. Scientific statements about objective reality are provisionally accepted as correct, because they are deemed to be best available explanation. There can be no 'proof' of these, in the sense that a mathematical proposition can be proven.
As long ago as 1948 the United States Air Force' Project Sign concluded that the best available explanation for persistently unexplainable UFOs was that they were extraterrestrial spacecraft. Several studies by other governments and government-linked bodies have, over the years since, repeatedly reached the same conclusion.
These range from a German study, headed by Dr. Herman Oberth, which concluded its work in 1954, to the more recent, and more well known COMETA report in France.
Insisting on 'proof' of the extraterrestrial hypothesis for persistently unidentifiable flying objects, is to misunderstand the scientific process, and to set up an unreasonable barrier to understanding the phenomenon, on the basis of the evidence that is already available, and has been available for a long time.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by sulaw

Because you can't disprove that they don't exist.

Interesting double negative there. Or is it triple? But I think I get your point.

Nor can you disprove the existence of unicorns or leprechauns.

edit on 6/10/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

That is no answer. I can't disprove it... The lack of proof becomes proof?
There is ZERO proof these lights are alien. That is fact.

for the record, i believe most ufo's to be either black tech or local non-human entities, long known to humanity, yet arrogantly relegated to the category of "fairy tales" by the reductionist mindset.
some Orbs are merely simple thought-forms btw, though a small proportion of ufo's may be of extraterrestrial origin
these "ships" wouldn't be mechanistic but based on Magical/Psionic "tech" as FTL is not possible for the former
edit on 11-6-2013 by TheMagus because: added edit & comment

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
As we all know, not every light in the sky is an "alien" craft.

Most of the sightings, probably are hoaxs, misinterpretations (satellites, aircraft, stars, natural phenomena, etc) and black program craft.

Yet, a number of sightings could be genuine "alien" craft. These are the ones that interest us!
As many have pointed out, we are yet to undertand the true nature of the UFO phenomena.

I think we should not deal the UFO phenomena by trying to use, exclusively, a single hypothesys/theory to explain and understand this subject.
Considering the information we have available, i think that it is wiser to adopt a multiple/diversified perspective about the nature/origins of those craft and the so-called aliens.
I think ETH should not exclude IDH and other possible hypothesys about the nature/origin of the UFO phenomena.

I know my post might seem a bit confusing but i tried to make it as clear as possible.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stagg100

There is so much evidence out there!

I start with ancient cave paintings depicting humanoids with space helmets on and also flying objects. Where would these prehistoric ancestors get the imagination for this? Certainly not today's military. Secondly how did our ancestors know about distant planets impossible to see with the naked eye?
Thirdly in ancient hebrew text it explains in great detail how god like creatures came from the heavens. "From heaven to earth they came". Etc etc I'm not going to go into all that now.
In early biblical paintings there are images of strange flying objects and in ancient are all over the world.
I'm not going to carry on I hate writing essays.

But if the govournments were to disclose this then religion would turn on its head and there would be chaos!

Also people are admitting all over the place such as the Canadian defence minister a month ago.
m.youtube.com...

The imagination may have been supplied by "visionary substances". Shamanic journeys & the like.

Unseeable planets? Is this Sitchen's notion of "our" solar system being in a carving? I suspect that's been shown to be a falsity.

ancientaliensdebunked.com...

I'm not coming down on either side of the fence, just throwing some stuff out there.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
they're not all alien.

both "types" are very likely interdimensional, which explicitly implies

time/gravity distortion "drives" (ie., time travel).

The only compelling reason to visit this rock in the boonies of the milky way

is either scientific research/ biome harvesting or self-interest.

Hence, the time travel theory. And no, they aren't "time travelling tourists" with cameras.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I believe people find comfort within themselves knowing they can "debunk" or at least come up with alternative explanations to cases such as Rendelsham or Roswell or JAL 1628. Whatever the true nature of these cases are, we will probably never know.

I wish folks would spend more time trying to debunk cases such as The Varginha Flap or the Tehran UFO or Corales Flap or the Peruvian UFO.

It appears some folks justify their hypothesis with cases like Roswell or JAL or Rendelsham, etc because these cases have holes in them. They steer clear of the more exotic, but yet solid, UFO cases for whatever reasons.

Orbs can be anything. What about the radar confirmed objects that appear to be either miles long, moving at impossible speeds or turning on a dime? Have we mentally discounted these anomalies from our conclusions?

Does this mean UFOs could be alien? Maybe. Depends on what we categorize as "alien" or "ET".

Based on the evidence we have gathered over the years, we still don't have enough information to claim any one conclusion.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Ross 54

It seems to me there are two types of scientifically minded people.

One type believes that anything not proven scientifically does not exist.

The other understands that the absense of proof does not equal the absense of the phenomena.

Continuing my "Prime Directive" theorey, where we appear to advanced civilizations as primitive and thus left to evolve on our own.

When we study rare herds of animals, packs of wolves etc. We monitor populations and migrations.

Airport Sightings interest me because if I was an alien monitoring a primitive society...an airport is a great place to asses things. A concentration of disparate people and activity. Also pilots and airport workers know what other aircraft and weather phenomena look like...not easily fooled.

Air traffic controllers and three commercial pilots reported visual and radar sightings of 'silver discs' near London's Gatwick Airport last year, according to a report issued by the UK's Airprox Board.

Read more: www.nydailynews.com...

2006 O'Hare International Airport UFO sighting
LINK

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I'm hoping UFOs are alien, otherwise we are totally screwed. If the government has that kind of technology, we may as well be ants and them gods.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

The other understands that the absense of proof does not equal the absense of the phenomena.

Can you provide a quote from someone that said that something doesn't exist until proven scientifically? I have not seen that posted here. The only time i see this argument it's from people arguing with imaginary evil skeptics.
edit on 11-6-2013 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
If you could go back in time just 60 years and show people a mobile phone, a laptop, and a zillion other things they'd be amazed, they wouldn't even be have imagined the possibility of some of the stuff we have now.

So why do we imagine that aliens would "fly" in "spacecraft" that to all intents and purposes act in our atmosphere like aircraft, but are a different shape.

Any species that is 60 years ahead of us, or 600 years ahead, or 6000 years ahead will almost certainly have technology that is like nothing we could even imagine.

So the idea of them "flying" around, through space, or sitting in craft while they explore the earth makes no sense whatsoever.

They might be here right now in plain sight, but we just can't see them because we can't comprehend that what we're seeing is alien, or maybe their science is so far removed from ours that they can observe anything they want without the need for a camera type device to be present because they can control atoms to behave exactly how they want from afar.

Maybe they haven't been here at all and never will, but I seriously doubt that UFOs have anything to do with alien beings.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by sulaw

Do you believe we are the only one's in this galaxy Phage?
I don't think we are the only life in this galaxy.
The idea behind aliens and ufos stems from the NSA and the CIA. It was the guise used to initiate those agencies.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
reply to post by Ross 54

Continuing my "Prime Directive" theorey, where we appear to advanced civilizations as primitive and thus left to evolve on our own.

When we study rare herds of animals, packs of wolves etc. We monitor populations and migrations.

Airport Sightings interest me because if I was an alien monitoring a primitive society...an airport is a great place to asses things. A concentration of disparate people and activity. Also pilots and airport workers know what other aircraft and weather phenomena look like...not easily fooled.

Air traffic controllers and three commercial pilots reported visual and radar sightings of 'silver discs' near London's Gatwick Airport last year, according to a report issued by the UK's Airprox Board.

Read more: www.nydailynews.com...

2006 O'Hare International Airport UFO sighting
en.wikipedia.org...'Hare_International_Airport_UFO_sighting

Schools may also be of interest to an alien species, where the young congregate and how they interact. It's of importance to us when we look at other species

Also it's not so clear cut that an absence of proof constitutes an absence of the phenomenon. A concerted effort in hiding the proof also exists here, for whatever reasons those in the know see fit.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by OMsk3ptic

Assuming there were "things" parked on the moon watching the Apollo astronauts, logically could these have been secret earth government craft used to (a) fool the astronauts or (b) monitor the Apollo shuttle?

If your logical answer is (c) neither,... then you have answered your burning question.

IMO, if I am to believe the astronauts, I would wager those "craft" were NOT souped up government issued thingys.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw

I'm only aiming at the 100% alien crowd. The ones that never question anything.

So what's the point of the thread? To help people who don't question, start questioning?

So where's your proof that they don't exist?

edit on 10-6-2013 by sulaw because: (no reason given)

Well
There is no proof that they are not piloted by flying snails with flipper arms...therefore, they are piloted by flying snails with flipper arms until there is proof that they aren't

All hail the flying flipper armed snail overlords.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian
reply to post by Indigo5

Can you provide a quote from someone that said that something doesn't exist until proven scientifically? I have not seen that posted here. The only time i see this argument it's from people arguing with imaginary evil skeptics.
edit on 11-6-2013 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

LOL - I am a skeptic...and I am not imaginary, nor evil.

There are Millions of folks that claim that Alien Life has not visited earth, and frankly there is nothing irrational in that view. There has been no conclusive "proof" of visitation...only questionable physical evidence and a tonnage of eye witness accounts, which while some might be very convincing (involving multiple pilots and airprot workers)...still not enough to support "proof" of an extraordinary claim.

When those folks who claim with certaintity that UFOs have never visited the earth make those claims, they often and consistently cite the lack of evidence.

Hell..most scientists thought Einstien was a wacko until the 1919 eclipse offered him a chance to prove his theorey.

I am confused? Are you saying that everyone of a scientific mindset believes that Aliens have visited earth? If they do not...what is thier reasoning?

I believe that aliens have likely visited earth, I also believe that the vast majority of sightings are hoaxes and confusion. I believe this due to the trend in astronomy of discovering exoplanets nearly everywhere we look, the trend in biology of extreme-ophiles...creatures that appear to live in climates we never thought possible...and the general belief that the universe doesn't waste space...the odds that we are but a speck of dust in a mind-numbingly huge galaxy...and somehow we are the only life? The rest of the universe was created just to give us lights to stare at at night?

See..I do not know aliens exist...but I believe it as strongly as I can believe anything. It just makes sense.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Oh dear me... I needed that Saturn
thank you. And yes. All Hail the Flipper Flying Overlord Snails!
edit on 11-6-2013 by sulaw because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join