It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people still believe that UFO's are alien?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
First serious post.

So many people believe this to be true. They can't understand why others don't believe.

Is there even on scrap of evidence to prove it? I wanted to believe for so long. But over the years the fakes have killed my belief. How do you still believe??
edit on 10-6-2013 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Jefferton

Because you can't disprove that they don't exist. Nay sayers do just that, debunkers of the great unknown do so based on there own intellect and at the end of the day it's the same reason Atheist and Religious folk bicker and banter like children.

Unfortunately none is the greater and your own personal belief in any said topic as long as it rings true to you is what matters most.

Unless you have something that proves that they don't exist w/o reasonable doubt that is

+14 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Of course most UFO's are just that, unidentifiable.

If you had witnessed the Orb that I did and also observed how it vanished right before a friend and myself you too would lean toward alien technology.
Although I can't 100% say it was in fact Alien, but if it's not then the Governments have some explaining to do.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Here! Here!~ It's the grey of all grey areas... And not to be confused with the Grey Aliens....

Either they are here... Or someone is seriously covering something up that they don't want us to know....

Wait a minute..... I thought they are!

The plot thickens... Dun dun dun~

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I believe that there is definitely life out there, intelligent life... I also believe that most of the UFO sightings are probably our own technology that is being kept away from the public because it would remove the stranglehold that the energy companies have on us.

When I used to hear "UFO", I automatically thought of Aliens like some sort of Pavlovian response to the term. I'm not sure, but there seems to be some sort of agenda to constantly link UFOs to Aliens in the media and entertainment...

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
That is no answer. I can't disprove it... The lack of proof becomes proof?
There is ZERO proof these lights are alien. That is fact.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dominar
I believe that there is definitely life out there, intelligent life... I also believe that most of the UFO sightings are probably our own technology that is being kept away from the public because it would remove the stranglehold that the energy companies have on us.

When I used to hear "UFO", I automatically thought of Aliens like some sort of Pavlovian response to the term. I'm not sure, but there seems to be some sort of agenda to constantly link UFOs to Aliens in the media and entertainment...

I'm only aiming at the 100% alien crowd. The ones that never question anything.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jefferton

No, that is a answer you just don't like it. And you stating that it's not Alien is Zero proof. As this is where the discussion tapers.

What are you credentials to say otherwise? If not as the Great Dude states "That just like your Opinion, Dude"

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I'm only aiming at the 100% alien crowd. The ones that never question anything.

So what's the point of the thread? To help people who don't question, start questioning?

So where's your proof that they don't exist?

edit on 10-6-2013 by sulaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

First serious post.

So many people believe this to be true. They can't understand why others don't believe.

Is there even on scrap of evidence to prove it? I wanted to believe for so long. But over the years the fakes have killed my belief. How do you still believe??

Well,,, This one does it for me actually

Also I don't think our little world called Earth could be the only inhabited planet

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Your answer proves you can not prove or disprove that these UFOs are alien so anyone's opinion as to what these are are based more on belief and therefore just as valid as the next. Making this thread that seems to be attacking the idea of UFOs as alien completely useless.

Just for kicks what do you think the origins of these "craft" are?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

First serious post.

You must be that kid at Christmas, you just decided the whole thing was worthless once you found that Santa didn't bring you a gift?

Nothing wrong with some healthy Skepticism to balance out a belief in Extraterrestrial life! It makes you analyze more clear determining a hoax better, as long as you don't become jaded and head off to being a closed-minded none believer.

Anyone who tells me there is no real UFO's and Aliens are not real is Naive at best. Even if only 1 story is real out of millions the implications are Astounding...
edit on 10-6-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Because you can't disprove that they don't exist.

Interesting double negative there. Or is it triple? But I think I get your point.

Nor can you disprove the existence of unicorns or leprechauns.

edit on 6/10/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Awesome video, I've seen it a couple times on the net and always found it fascinating. I'd love to know if it's real or if it has been debunked... Looks like I'm going to get a drink at the Search Bar : )
edit on 10-6-2013 by Dominar because: typo

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Learning the incredible distances between us and even our nearest neighbour stars (even the sun)
made me understand at a young age that, even if aliens existed beyond earth, the chances of them
travelling to earth are slim to none.

Speculation beyond this point, is a pointless waste of my energy.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Like all of us I want to believe. When I look up at the sky I say ,"no way we are the only intelligent life" When I was younger I saw the STS videos, went to the WIlliam Cooper lectures and believe every conspiracy their was.

As I get older it all comes down to proof and to this point I have not seen a single piece of irrefutable proof that shows UFOs as being alien.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Why do people still believe that UFO's are( not)alien?,
just baffles me..

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Holy Scooby Doo.... Phage!
I actually feel honored you addressed me...

It is a double negativity.... True... Unicorns? Leprochans?.... Maybe they are the one's driving the UFO's? Sounds rediculous and absurd for sure but then again.... So does, tall lanky Grey's microchiping humans for probing...

I haven't seen 100% proof they don't exist nor 100% proof they do. So it's hard for me to say otherwise...

Do you believe we are the only one's in this galaxy Phage?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Do you believe we are the only one's in this galaxy Phage?

The only one's what? Who is the only one?

I don't think we are the only life in this galaxy.

edit on 6/10/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

First serious post.

I believe UFO's are alien because of the sharp, angular turns they do whilst at ridiculous speeds.

A human being would just be a red, bloody smear on the craft's walls doing those kinds of manouvers, surely?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join