It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photoshop on the Fly - At a Bus Station (LIVE)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by Byrd

I can see some real copyright and privacy concerns, there.

Copyright protects creators. They are copyright protected as soon as they create they works because they were the ones making something, creating.

Private citizens' images are also under their control. I can't (for instance) take a photo of you and then use it without your permission unless you're at a public event. Using photos of children at public events can be a dodgy issue, so most pros don't do that.

As far as privacy goes, I'm not sure how that works because if filmed for TV people have to sign release statements normally.

I didn't watch the video, but I didn't see that these people were asked permission for their image to be used. Were they?

In this case, because it was part of a larger program (a commercial) it's possible they all signed. And if some didn't, they wouldn't appear.

Not sure if this was a regular, automated thing, how it would be handled with privacy issues. There's plenty of people that don't want their face up, even if it's for only when they're around...

The other thing that was dodgy was using the girl's image with the guy's image as a wedding cake topper ad. Someone here commented about matchmaking... but what if the guy takes it as a cue that she's single and looking for a nice guy when in reality she's just married and not interested? I can think of a number of scenarios where this wouldn't end well.

<< 1   >>

join