It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'4 Intelligence Officials' Allegedly Joke Of 'Disappearing' NSA Leaker, Reporter

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Here we go, veiled threats by way of 'jokes' about making the NSA leaker 'dissapear'
Its unclear by the timing if the NSA leaker had gone public.

I'll post updates as they come....Clemons claims to have pictures, and
video evidence, and plans to post this on the internet.

Leading foreign policy analyst Steve Clemons said he witnessed a rather disturbing conversation while waiting for a flight at the Dulles airport on Saturday.

According to Clemons, four men sitting near him were discussing an intelligence conference they had just attended, and turned to the topic of the NSA leaks. One said that both the reporter and leaker should be "disappeared," a term used to describe secret murders and abductions carried out by authoritarian governments. Clemons said on Twitter the suggestion seemed to be "bravado" and a "disturbing joke." He said that the officials were talking loudly, "almost bragging."

.....Clemons, who is editor at large at The Atlantic, said he did not know who the officials were or what agency they were with. He recorded part of the conversation and took some photos, which he plans to post online.

Well that is a reliable credible source, Clemons, the editor at large of The Atlantic.
Here are Clemons tweets as he was witnessing this!

twitter.com...
twitter.com...
twitter.com...

UPDATE:

Clemons has learned that the men were in town attending an event
hosted by the Intelligence and National Security Alliance, which lists dress code
for the dinner as "black tie or mess dress."

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Posting all news sources, keep an eye on this.
In a later conversation with the Huffington Post, Clemons confirmed that these guys were intelligence officials both by the clothes they were wearing and their talk of the conference they had just attended. He also stated that he had taken both pictures and video evidence, and after hopefully identifying the individuals involved, he planned to post them on the Internet

www.policymic.com...

www.dailymail.co.uk... ocuments-press.html
edit on 10-6-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Lets hope Snowden gets to Iceland, and quick like!

Icelanic Legislator offers NSA Whistleblower support in political asylum

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Maybe now though we have some evidence if something does happen, and can pull the info and bring the Pre-murderers to justice. Or we can just think about how we all just gave this twitter guy millions more followers / views / ego boost for the week.

I mean I could go on and say some wild stuff too, but unless there is meat connected it's just bones.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Watching the news about Snowden, and there are some interesting ties to China, currently he fled to Hong Kong.

There is more to Snowden than most people are talking about, yeah the spying is unprecidented, but if this was a move by China to take pressure off its duplicity.

You make the call.

IF Snowden is working for China I might not have a problem with 'being disappeared'.

Make no mistake what the government did was wrong, but iimo this was even bigger than most people think.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
hopefully with any luck those 4 donkies save that boys life.

at least this might force an audible.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
What doesn't make any sense is Hong Kong. If he was responsible for the leak and then decided to out himself and was worried about being extradited, why not go somewhere there is 0% chance of being sent back to the USA. North Korea and Iran come to mind first.

According to apologist and trolls here on ATS living in either of these two countries is close to nirvana where everyone is treated fairly and neither country is responsible for any misdeeds anywhere in the world. With the added plus of not having formal ties to the US there would be no chance of being extradited. He could live out his years in peace and happiness.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

There is more to Snowden than most people are talking about, yeah the spying is unprecidented, but if this was a move by China to take pressure off its duplicity.

It sure seems that way.

NSA leaker: are there serious cracks in Ed Snowden’s story?

Link to Story

There are a lot of unanswered questions about this guy.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

You make the call.

IF Snowden is working for China I might not have a problem with 'being disappeared'.

Make no mistake what the government did was wrong, but iimo this was even bigger than most people think.

Interesting stuff Neo, I am all ears. What is down the Rabbit Hole,
I did not know anything about his ties to China? Clue me in.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
So now Twitter is a reliable source?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Oh, hi muse, Clemons is the source, not twitter.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Doesn't make sense to me first off how the CIA?NSA 'hires high school drop outs'.

www.cnn.com...

Snowden fled to Hong Kong three weeks ago after copying one last set of documents and telling his boss he needed to go away for medical treatment.

He was in Hong Kong before this 'story' broke.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I'll admit, the timing seems suspicious...its was rather quick all of it....

interesting this:

Baer also surmised that Snowden's timing may have played to Beijing's anger over charges by the U.S. that China's military had hacked into U.S. government and corporate networks.

"Frankly ... I think they're very angry over the hacking charges that have been brought up over the past couple of months," he said. "I think it's no coincidence that this interview was aired just as the Chinese premier was leaving the United States
www.cnn.com...

He went from the Army to Booz Allen Hamilton...BAH known for that kind of thing.

Its hard to say, could he have been doing double duty, that he went to Hong Kong is
very interesting. If (and thats a big if ) he is a traiter, let them do what is right....

See him tried rather than disappeared...they can even indefinitely detain him...
Maybe that is what these dudes were talking about....indefinite detention the NDAA.

Another thing, we are in bed with China ourselves, we know them so much money
for the bond buying....makes me wonder where this all leads.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I was reading about this earlier and noted that Clemons is now pushing the "they were joking" tone pretty hard.

I went back through the twitter conversations and it seems to me that he started pushing that tone change after someone mentioned to him that people were using his story to push an "Obama is going to kill the informat" angle.

From the thread I posted in earlier (here):

Originally posted by OneisOne
He also seems to be changing the 'tone' of what he heard, he now is indicating that they were "making jokes". (Not that I believe that, the it's a joke part)

ETA: Just looked through more of the twitter conversations and it looks to me he might be changing the tone of what he heard to try and deflect the "Obama's going to kill the informat" talk. Conversation here.

Another example of this, Clemons was on the MSNBC show "Disrupt" yesterday. During that show the host asked him about these tweets. In that segment he uses the phrase "what's really disturbing is... " and he goes on to explain what he heard. It's at the very end of the segment and is cut off. Also, much of what he said was left out of the transcript!

Video here, question about the tweet starts at about 6:25.

So he went from it being "disturbing" to "they were joking" in just a few hours. Makes me wonder whats going on with who he saw.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Its hard to say, could he have been doing double duty, that he went to Hong Kong is very interesting. If (and thats a big if ) he is a traiter, let them do what is right....

Government does something right?

Hell would freeze over.

See him tried rather than disappeared.

Your right he is owed his due process, but sooner or later 'whistleblowers' are going to get people killed.

National security is the real joke.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You don't believe the media when they talk about most things, but you believe them when they offer up a press-release about Snowden's alleged "Chinese ties."

Astounding.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Your right he is owed his due process, but sooner or later 'whistleblowers' are going to get people killed.

National security is the real joke.

There is truth in what you say, the CIA plays dangerous games.
Look at Benghazi....yes National Security is a real joke.

9/11 says it all.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
Lets hope Snowden gets to Iceland, and quick like!

Icelanic Legislator offers NSA Whistleblower support in political asylum

Ha ha, . That is laughable. Don't you think?

If they want to "Disappear" the 'ol boy nothing is going to stop them regardless of what country he is in.

I think Snowden is going to be in danger for the rest of what life he has.

As for the conversation/s that was overheard, maybe it happened, maybe it didn't. With all that is going on it is hard to believe anything anymore.

edit on 10-6-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Thing to remember is....even Bob Woodward has said The Whitehouse
threatened him. Not everyone admits it, but Andrew Brietbarts death
still haunts journalists.

Think safety in numbers, I know that is what they are doing, just look at them.
They are banding together, against the danger...real or imaginary.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I think he's safer now than he was a few days ago. If they'd killed him a few days ago, no one would ever have known his name. 90% of the world would never have believed The Guardian over the tales of a dead man...no body would even exist of to show for that much proof. He simply would have ceased to exist and so too, anyone close to him that raised TOO much stink about the whole matter or didn't take what I'm sure would have been generous death benefits to 'ease their pain'.

Now the entire planet knows his name. Soon, he'll over shadow Manning...as well he should...and become a regular folk hero to everyone from Black Block to Conspiracy Theorists to the Tea Party. What he's done and how he's done it (HOW being critical, IMO) has made him a figure to respect from a variety of sides that normally couldn't agree on the time across a clock, let alone politics or government happenings.

Killing him now would truly make him a Joan of Arc and a name people would be using for a rallying cry, many many years from now. I think they have more intelligence than that, even in the intelligence community. Of course...if they can destroy him FIRST so he loses all that new respect? Then they can kill him or he can just "trip" out a second story window like a poor Russian journalist, several years back. Funny how these things just kinda 'happen'.

I think he's safe from deadly threat right now though. As safe as he'll ever be, anyway.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

No, its not laughable, its commendable. Iceland kicks butt, they kicked out the bankers.

They are truely bucking the system, what needs to happen.
Otherwise, the system is going to implode.

Those who have established stability outside of the cartels monetary
control will be the wise ones. They can lead the way out of the mess.
Ron Paul is right, its going to come apart, in a bad way.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join