It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Western Hotel Death Room

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Yes, It's a room inside Best Western Hotel, and It may be your last stay!

Last Stay Best Western Hotel Room

Three people have died in the same North Carolina hotel room since April, in a mystery authorities are still investigating. On Saturday, Jeannie Williams and her 11-year-old son, Jeffrey, were found unresponsive in the Best Western room in Boone. Jeffrey was pronounced dead; his mother awoke from her coma yesterday. In the same room on April 16, an elderly couple was found dead, a police sergeant confirms to WCNC. The station reports today that carbon monoxide was found at the hotel, though there's no word yet whether that's what killed Jeffrey Williams.

ABC news link

Elderly couple,and then son die in same room? And you can still rent it?

Honestly, this is something I wouldn't thought was real but now I am wondering what is going on? Seems it's maybe something inside the room's carpet or drywall, maybe even venting, or a bug issue? Just really creepy specially since there is links with the victims, so could even be something as simple as previous caught illness they all were exposed too.

Just was interesting.

Comments, replies, hatemail, NSA and DHS you can comment too I won't delete.
edit on 10-6-2013 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Tranceopticalinclined

Well until they rule out the obvious which is the gas they say is present at the Hotel, not much odd there. The room may hold the fumes more or be closer to the source.
very sad though.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Carbon Monoxide.....it's a Killer.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
First thing i thought, was Carbon Monoxide. The silent, odorless killer.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soloprotocol
Carbon Monoxide.....it's a Killer.

I agree. My fiance and I were given a night's stay at a downtown Marriott as a gift. Our romantic interlude in the hotel flew south when we both became gravely ill only hours after check-in. I've never been that sick in my life. Later, we heard that the hotel had a carbon monoxide problem. I count it as a lucky escape and thank my guardian angels.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by graceunderpressure

That's wild, I wouldn't think it could happen in a room, but then again hotel room, gas rising, only opening is going to be a crack in the door, about the same issue with the car and a/c vents.

Now you will want to crack a window or put the fan on next time you are staying out.

Glad you made it out ok, now I think of all the places I avoided death at! WOOT!

BTW LOVE your sig Banner! MST for the WIN!
edit on 10-6-2013 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
new update posted about an hour ago.

Carbon monoxide found in hotel room where preteen, elderly couple died

Officers say the state heating inspector is coming to the hotel on Wednesday to examine the system in the pool area. The room, where all three people died, was above the pool.

www.wbtv.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Tranceopticalinclined

The ABC report said the results of the autopsies were inconclusive. I would think high (fatal) levels of carbon monoxide would be detected rather easily.

That’s pretty sick that they kept renting out the room pending investigation.

***EDIT*** [Thanks for the update, Sandeep81. Case closed!]

edit on 10-6-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
No particular reason for me to think this, but the first thought I had was that it is maybe some sort of mold.

Originally posted by Tranceopticalinclined

Comments, replies, hatemail, NSA and DHS you can comment too I won't delete.
lol. You couldn't delete it, even if you wanted to.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sandeep81

Carbon monoxide found in hotel room where preteen, elderly couple died

Officers say the state heating inspector is coming to the hotel on Wednesday to examine the system in the pool area. The room, where all three people died, was above the pool.

www.wbtv.com...

Anyone know in what way Carbon Monoxide could be related to the pool?

Investigators say the bodies of Daryl and Shirley Jenkins were found in the same room back in April.

Their cousin, Lorraine Stephens, told WBTV that a cause of death was never clear. Family members say they were told the couple died from a cardiac condition, but toxicology reports are not back yet.
Apparently, the 'older' couple died a couple months earlier. There were probably quite a few people who walked out of that room alive, between the 2 incidents.

That does make me curious though, if anyone who stayed in that room during the last couple months, had become affected by some sort of strange illness, after they had left. If so, they probably wouldn't have even considered it being caused by something in the room. Instead, they might have thought it was something they had eaten at one of the new restaurants they stopped at, while on their road trip.

Investigators ay there is no evidence of a connection between the victims, but they are exploring all possibilities.

To me, that↑ seems more like wishful thinking, with the hopes of possibly avoiding a lawsuit.

Originally posted by seabag

***EDIT*** [Thanks for the update, Sandeep81. Case closed!]
Not even remotely close to being 'Case Closed'.
There are far too many unanswered questions that still remain.
edit on 6/10/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Just in case anyone is actually brave enough to stay at that hotel in the future, the room number is 225...

In a perhaps unrelated twist, the hotel owner (who owned seven other Boone hotels BTW) died of an unknown cause in January of this year.

Makes you wonder...

"Ashok Patel, owner of numerous Boone hotels, died Wednesday, according to family and friends.

Patel, 54, was a native of Loughborough, England, and graduated from the Royal College of Science with a bachelor’s degree in mathematics, according to The Mountain Times archives.

He arrived in the High Country in the early 1980s and gradually acquired a number of Boone hotels. In a letter to the Boone Town Council in December, Patel listed La Quinta, Sleep Inn, Best Western, Country Inn & Suites, Super 8, Red Carpet Inn, Highland Hills Motel and Scottish Inn as family-owned properties."

www2.wataugademocrat.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
Just in case anyone is actually brave enough to stay at that hotel in the future, the room number is 225...

In a perhaps unrelated twist, the hotel owner (who owned seven other Boone hotels BTW) died of an unknown cause in January of this year.

Makes you wonder...

"Ashok Patel, owner of numerous Boone hotels, died Wednesday, according to family and friends.

Patel, 54, was a native of Loughborough, England, and graduated from the Royal College of Science with a bachelor’s degree in mathematics, according to The Mountain Times archives.

He arrived in the High Country in the early 1980s and gradually acquired a number of Boone hotels. In a letter to the Boone Town Council in December, Patel listed La Quinta, Sleep Inn, Best Western, Country Inn & Suites, Super 8, Red Carpet Inn, Highland Hills Motel and Scottish Inn as family-owned properties."

www2.wataugademocrat.com...

That only makes it even stranger...

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Sherlock Holmes Locked Door Case.

I agree, something on carpeting, tile, bedding, mattress. I can't see how this single room could be such a health risk without affecting duct work through the building.

Slow asphyxia seems to be cause....CO2....Cyanide...

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
This one is very strange, hard to think this was a coincidence.

Maybe just a gas leak or something into the room, but it's definitely weird news.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Even after things are solved and fixed, that hotel should permanently close that room, never rent it out again. It would be extremely tacky (to say the very least) for them not to do so.
I believe in hauntings, and surely that room will be haunted.
edit on 10-6-2013 by misschareesee because: z

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Thank you all for the extra work and postage!
It's still creepy to me, Even if it's a known issue it's just odd so many deaths related to this hotel, the owner I mean! Wow. Unrelated? Or his ghost trying to collect payment for usage of the room, via their souls? sorry little tacky, people have died here.

I've stayed at hotels that have scared me in regards to my health, let alone security and actual ghost scares.

Let's see what floats to the surface.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by misschareesee

Originally posted by misschareesee

Even after things are solved and fixed, that hotel should permanently close that room, never rent it out again. It would be extremely tacky (to say the very least) for them not to do so.
I believe in hauntings, and surely that room will be haunted.

They'll probably just change the room number.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

LOL, most likely, what room? no we don't even have that room number, was a typo or something when the hotel was made, yeap, this is not that room, see room number not the same, totally not the same room as those news stories.

Meanwhile behind the scenes his ghost festers up a new brew of death wish.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
So if you stay at a hotel and the weather is nice out, crack the window a bit just in case. Never thought about that.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
A carbon monoxide alarm is inexpensive and can be plugged in the room.
That would answer at least a few questions ...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join