It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On In-Your-Face, We Will Do Whatever We Want, You Will Accept it and Rationalize It and Move On

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
First of all, personally, I have a problem with Snowden's story. From my experience stories are run by the MSM because they want you to have the information. Think about the important issues of our days here that have been ignored or mocked and scoffed at in the MSM. Many stories that the government doesn't want you to pay attention to are designated as kooky conspiracy theories assigned to the mentally ill.

These recent "leaks" are really nothing new, not to those that have followed alternative news for a decade. These are things that a lot of us already knew...right? The difference here is that this was a story that was an "exclusive" to the Guardian and then was picked by everyone everywhere.

So really what did he leak? Now he is on the run for his life. Comes out within 12 hours of the story and falls on his sword. What is that I smell? I know drama when I see it. That is just my opinion.

The purpose of this "leak" is an attempt to normalize this type of behavior by the government. Immediately you have the Mafia Dons being paraded out to talk about how all of this is "legal". Oh...."Congress has been briefed 13 times", or whatever. And, "don't trip, we got you, and if you don't like that, there is gonna be a problem."

This is a turning point right here for this country. What will those that are just being made aware of this do? What is their response going to be? That my fellow ATS members is the BIG question.

edit on 10-6-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
First of all, personally, I have a problem with Snowden's story. From my experience stories are run by the MSM because they want you to have the information. Think about the important issues of our days here that have been ignored or mocked and scoffed at in the MSM. Many stories that the government doesn't want you to pay attention to are designated as kooky conspiracy theories assigned to the mentally ill.

These recent "leaks" are really nothing new, not to those that have followed alternative news for a decade. These are things that a lot of us already knew...right? The difference here is that this was a story that was an "exclusive" to the Guardian and then was picked by everyone everywhere.

So really what did he leak? Now he is on the run for his life. Comes out within 12 hours of the story and falls on his sword. What is that I smell? I know drama when I see it. That is just my opinion.

The purpose of this "leak" is an attempt to normalize this type of behavior by the government. Immediately you have the Mafia Dons being paraded out to talk about how all of this is "legal". Oh...."Congress has been briefed 13 times", or whatever. And, "don't trip, we got you, and if you don't like that, there is gonna be a problem."

This is a turning point right here for this country. What will those that are just being made aware of this do? What is their response going to be? That my fellow ATS members is the BIG question.

Unfortunately, it seems that there is nothing the populace CAN do. Governments are most likely doing much much worse than we "know" - they're simply letting the information out in stages so as to quell by default any "resistance" - and indeed, it has worked. People are just blinking and then getting on with their lives.

Good luck "resisting" the dark forces at work here...

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

I think you are right. This is drama with Snowden, and his leak is definitely open ground for the media to normalize the debate both sides. As long as people continue to have their opinions made for them by the MSM, there is nothing we can do about it. MSM main job isn't to report the news but put it in a frame that best suits the needs of the corp/govt masters.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
What the MSM and corporaste strategy relies on here is controlling the chaos to get the end result they desire.....
(that would be MORE CONTROL)
Seeeew i think youve hit the nail on the head........
The art of programming peoples minds is subtle as a labrynth.
Even "negative" can be used to created acceptance to the onerous or the unthinkable....
ie) They get you to mentally half accept it just by dealing with the knowledge theyve already been doing it......with gusto!
I have some misgivings as to whether the people will awaken en masse before the iron curtain is lowered on our minds.......................if we do not at least try to educate at every opportunity.
Not to argue with....but to subtly cast doubt on accepted practcies/beliefes till the unaware snap out of it by themselves......i truely thnk the programming is reaching maximum stretching point...logic must prevail sooner or later....

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by th3dudeabides

Yes, you are right. The MSM's job is to read from the script...period. Provide the narrative and the back story.

I can see that this op is not going to be popular because there are many members that have already staked out positions.

I just hope a few will read it with an open mind.

This IS about getting the public real used to sacrificing ALL of their liberties for no security.

Mark my words.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Check this: TOP STORY on google news now. At the very top of the page:

Hong Kong a safe hideaway for Snowden -- for now

LOL. You remember Google, right.....? You know one of the top companies from the Silicon Valley that has partnered with the government of the US to sniff your shorts???

If this was a big deal; why wasn't this story buried underneath a steamroller??

Think people.

If this whole scenario was for real, this Snowden would be at some black site learning how to swim with plastic over his face, would have his remains sitting is a barrel of acid somewhere, would be found after committing "suicide" is some hotel somewhere, or would have had an unfortunate fall from a 14 story window.

Come on people.

Here is the link for the story at the top of Google News right this minute: The stinky rest

There aren't many heros making the front pages anymore.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Come on dudes?? This is the shot over the bow. This is a declaration of war. When the MSM is in your face with not only illegal violations on not just the Fourth Amendment but THE FIRST Amendment as well.

The PTB put it out there and up in your face. What are you gonna do now. Is it gonna be bud or coors light? Is it gonna be right or left? Is it gonna be Breitbart or Rachel Maddow? Is it gonna be Dancing with the Stars or American Idol. Or...will it be the survival of the Republic.

I think they are laughing in our faces.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by HomoSapiensSapiens

Good luck "resisting" the dark forces at work here...

Yeah dark forces, for sure. Doing their thing for millenia, but now we all see. Does it do any good though, being awake? Is it too late?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Reeeelax Partner *wink* huhuhuhuuu!

Don't worry about it, you need two to Tango and taxes to keep the machine rolling.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I don't know.

I have read enough posters here on ATS claiming this is nothing to get excited over. It's all legal. We need security. I do nothing wrong (ever) so I have nothing to fear. I will be on the side of right.

Maybe these folks felt the same way until it was too late.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

So you think they are just waving this in the face
of americans in order to test the compliance level?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

you didn't really just say that?? Did you??

I am just at a loss. I don't feel like getting a warning from the mods.

I just can't believe you said that????

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Said what? Do you even know what I am getting at?

I'm not sure what is deserving of a visit from the mods? You have a population in the US, here on ATS too, who are OK with whatever provides them perceived safety and advantage regardless if it right or wrong.

In WW2 you had collaborators in the Nazi occupied territories/countries. Many tossed their hats in the ring with the Nazi's simply to do the same. The picture is one of these people after the war ended. In this case, the Dutch who remained loyal to the ideals of their country and did what they could to make the occupation difficult, shaved the heads of those who sided with the enemy. This is an example to show how humans work in such situations.

While I do not see a direct corollary between the noted collaborators and those who like where the US is going today, there are common threads. You yourself point out many while offering no historical context. I simply provided that.

edit on 11-6-2013 by ABNARTY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by spirited75

Could be one of many things. That is indeed one.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

I misunderstood your response. I get it now. Sorry about that.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Looks like I am not the only one who thinks so,

Manufactured Hero Edward Snowden – The NSA Whistleblower Exposed as Career NSA, CIA, Special Forces Trained Agent

UPDATE: Manufactured Hero Edward Snowden: What are YOU Willing to Risk for Your New FACEBOOK Hero?
UPDATE: Manufactured Hero Edward Snowden: Caught in a Lie or Cover Story to Protect his Girlfriend’s Privacy? June 10
UPDATE: Manufactured Hero Edward Snowden: Take to the Streets on July 4th in Washington D.C.?

Link

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

No worries. All good.

new topics

top topics

join