It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yahweh...Enki in disguise?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

Kantzveldt, 1 is enjoying the many points of view made here within the thread.
To compile subjective data allows a glimpse at the objective TRUTH... Keep up the good work

NAMASTE*******
LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA
edit on 6/11/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kantzveldt
You're welcome, and the background material you present in your post is generally reliable, but do re-consider the case i made for Yah as a pronunciation of Ea, the scholarly case for this is very strong, and that in nature he was originaly a Deity associated with the sea and water, Celestial and Terrestial.

There was an entire quarter of the skies in Sumerian astrology dedicated to Enki and his aquatic ways.

I hear you

From “Introduction to Mythology- Contemporary Approaches to Classical and World Myths 3rd ed., Thury & Devinney”

Principal Mesopotamian Deities in Enuma Elish.

Sea and water are important.

Page 61
Enuma Elish is one of the main sources for the stories told by the Mesopotamians to describe the origion of their world. This epic describes the struggle for control of the universe between the primeval goddess Tiamat and her descendant, the hero-god Marduk. After defeating Tiamat, Marduk creates the world from her body…..

The epic open with the primeval cosmogony of the ancient Mesopotamians: the already-existing Apsu and Tiamat, water gods who personify chaos. In the forms of sweet and salt water, they mingle and produce five offspring: Mummu, the oldest, followed by two male/female pairs, Lahme and Lahame, and then Anshar and Kishar. This last pair gives birth to Anu, father of Nudimmud (Ea), who with his consort, Damkina, produces Marduk (Bel, Enlil).

What I also want to point out on the same page introducing Mesopotamia

As you read, notice the similarities between the creation by the Lord God in Genesis and the creation by Marduk: the separation of earth and sky, the ordering of astronomical componets, and the origin of human beings.

In my last post I pointed out that there are 3 types of writing styles in Genesis that refers to God differently.

Page 55

I am still thinking Enlil/ Marduk is closer to Yahweh.

edit on 11-6-2013 by IntrinsicMotivation because: grammer

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
certainly a very interesting thread OP, a flag to you. there are many theories out there and for me, i doubt if we would ever know the real story; at least with the type/level of consciousness we have at present.
i sometimes wonder if enki's and enlils followers became our current jews and arabs, and which was which i dont know.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by darkbake

In Christianity, you have a Pantheon as well. There are actually two creator Gods (one male and one female that each have their separate creation stories in Genesis) there is Satan, there is Jesus and there is Satan's son right? There is also Lilith, who supposedly dated both Adam and Satan, and those are the only ones I can think of at the moment.

I've never read that in the Bible. Do you have sources?

Yes, I can probably find sources, because I found them in source material to begin with... also, I try to be very discriminatory in information I get, I am sure I can find something at least somewhat reliable for you.

Got to do some ATS housekeeping here shortly ha ha and get back to a lot of peeps.
edit on 11-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Deetermined

I still have not discounted the possibility that the "bad guy" is primarily responsible for the creation of your Bible. Strategically speaking, it was a brilliant move. I'm sure any military gurus here will know exactly what I'm talking about.

It’s funny you mention that.

From “Introduction to Mythology- Contemporary Approaches to Classical and World Myths 3rd ed., Thury & Devinney”

Page 64
In this epic, Marduk’s military, creative, and administrative success prompts a generally enthusiastic acclamation, and his father Ea and grandfather Anu, who had failed to defeat Tiamat, gave him special weapons in preparation for his battle.

It looks like Marduk/ Enlil had no problem with strategy and battle.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
EARTH
they named the place after EA
not enki, not enlil
not yahway
not alla
not booga booga

now why would they do that?

yahway is NOT enki in disguise
yahway is simply outright fraud

eta
PS
references?
books.google.ca...=onepage&q&f=false
written is stone alover the plANet:
reademandweep

edit on 11-6-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-6-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-6-2013 by Danbones because: shpelling

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by IntrinsicMotivation

Curiously if you're coming at this from the Marduk angle that actually makes the case for Enki;

Enki/Ea is essentially a god of civilization, wisdom, and culture. He was also the creator and protector of man, and of the world in general. Traces of this view appear in the Marduk epic celebrating the achievements of this god and the close connection between the Ea cult at Eridu and that of Marduk. The correlation between the two rises from two other important connections: (1) that the name of Marduk's sanctuary at Babylon bears the same name, Esaggila, as that of a temple in Eridu, and (2) that Marduk is generally termed the son of Ea, who derives his powers from the voluntary abdication of the father in favour of his son. Accordingly, the incantations originally composed for the Ea cult were re-edited by the priests of Babylon and adapted to the worship of Marduk, and, similarly, the hymns to Marduk betray traces of the transfer to Marduk of attributes which originally belonged to Ea.

en.wikipedia.org...

As you quoted his Father was Ea...soooo

edit on 11-6-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

love reading about this stuff. Well done!

Here's my thing with it though. If she is so awesome and able to do all these things, how in the hell does she sleep through a rape? what is up with that?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

isn't our next one supposed to be one of marduk's kids?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kantzveldt
reply to post by IntrinsicMotivation

Curiously if you're coming at this from the Marduk angle that actually makes the case for Enki;

Enki/Ea is essentially a god of civilization, wisdom, and culture. He was also the creator and protector of man, and of the world in general. Traces of this view appear in the Marduk epic celebrating the achievements of this god and the close connection between the Ea cult at Eridu and that of Marduk. The correlation between the two rises from two other important connections: (1) that the name of Marduk's sanctuary at Babylon bears the same name, Esaggila, as that of a temple in Eridu, and (2) that Marduk is generally termed the son of Ea, who derives his powers from the voluntary abdication of the father in favour of his son. Accordingly, the incantations originally composed for the Ea cult were re-edited by the priests of Babylon and adapted to the worship of Marduk, and, similarly, the hymns to Marduk betray traces of the transfer to Marduk of attributes which originally belonged to Ea.

en.wikipedia.org...

As you quoted his Father was Ea...soooo

edit on 11-6-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

The problem is your source my friend. In this case Wikipedia, where anyone can type whatever they want.

In good faith I read the page and confirmed some things that I cited from a scholarly book.

The part you are referring to that claims Enki is Ea appears here

Enki and later Ea were apparently depicted, sometimes, like Adam, as a man covered with the skin of a fish, and this representation, as likewise the name of his temple E-apsu, "house of the watery deep", points decidedly to his original character as a god of the waters (see Oannes). Around the excavation of the 18 shrines found on the spot, thousands of carp bones were found, consumed possibly in feasts to the God. Of his cult at Eridu, which goes back to the oldest period of Mesopotamian history, nothing definite is known except that his temple was also associated with Ninhursag's temple which was called Esaggila, "the lofty head house" (E, house, sag, head, ila, high; or Akkadian goddess = Ila), a name shared with Marduk's temple in Babylon, pointing to a staged tower or ziggurat (as with the temple of Enlil at Nippur, which was known as E-kur (kur, hill)), and that incantations, involving ceremonial rites in which water as a sacred element played a prominent part, formed a feature of his worship. This seems also implicated in the epic of the hieros gamos or sacred marriage of Enki and Ninhursag (above), which seems an etiological myth of the fertilisation of the dry ground by the coming of irrigation water (from Sumerian a, ab, water or semen). The early inscriptions of Urukagina in fact go so far as to suggest that the divine pair, Enki and Ninki, were the progenators of seven pairs of gods, including Enki as god of Eridu, Enlil of Nippur, and Su'en (or Sin) of Ur, and were themselves the children of An (sky, heaven) and Ki (earth).[18]

Well I wanted to verify citation [18] and this is the source ^ a b www.utlib.ee...

and it is in a language I cannot read.
Citation 18 PDF

Until I can translate and verify the authenticity of the source I am still with my original opinion.

If you would like to translate your source I am sure others would appreciate it as well.

Edit- after investigating the link a little more, it is not looking good. The link does not lead you to an article. This is the exact problem with Wikipedia I was talking about.
edit on 11-6-2013 by IntrinsicMotivation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

love reading about this stuff. Well done!

Here's my thing with it though. If she is so awesome and able to do all these things, how in the hell does she sleep through a rape? what is up with that?

I would like to add that Inanna or Ishtar, while being a goddess of love and fertility, was also a goddess of war.She also identifies with the phoenician goddess Astarte.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

Originally posted by borntowatch
Yeah same old same old argument
but
What if enki is a copy of Jehova not the other way around.

Your argument is a waste of time, dates are not that accurate.
Some books of the bible are older if I remember correctly, I could be wrong

i don't think they are copies (they are the same!), i think it's just language variants and cultural norms, clouding everything. i mean, afterall, babel was confusion of languages, was it not? have to work at this stuff to decipher it.
edit on 11-6-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

I think Enki is not a copy but a distortion, your point is valid though. Probably a distortion and Gods reason for splitting up the original kingdom of humanity, languages.

Very interesting

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I apologize I have to look at this name situation.

Quick definition of gods in the back of “Introduction to Mythology- Contemporary Approaches to Classical and World Myths 3rd ed., Thury & Devinney”

Enki - Sumerian. God of fresh water and wisdom. Helper of humans. Counterpart of Akkadian Ea

Ea – Akkadian. God of wisdom and fresh waters; one of the creators of mankind. Son of Apsu and Marduk. Counterpart of Sumerian Enki.

Marduk – Babylonian. Head god, son of Ea. Originally a god of thunderstorms; later a chief Sumerian deity. Creator of the universe from the body of Tiamat.

Ellil, Enlil –Sumerian. King of the gods; god of earth and wind. Father of Ninurta.

Bel- Akkadian. Alternate name for Enlil. Replaced by Akkadian god Marduk.

So I will agree that Enki is Ea.

Ea/Enki one of the creators of mankind. “After our likeness in our image”

But Enlil/ Marduk became chief deity, or King of the gods.

Can you imagine becoming the head deity? This deity killed his own mother and is credited with creating the universe out of her body. I can see this type of person saying “There shalt be no other before me”

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
" i guess Enki just needs to be understood."

There you have it.... what do you not understand that you need to understand about Enki?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
magna mater = Sophia / Nin(lil)(hursag) / Inanna­ / Frigg / Rhea / Cybele.

father dragon = Yaldabaoth / El / Kumarbi / Enlil / Ya­hweh / Odin / Cronus / Saturn

son hero = Yao / Teshub / Enki / Marduk / Iesus(E­a-Zeus) / Thor / Zeus / Jupiter

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
i want to correct something in the family tree references in the thread.

tiamat is not the first, nor is apsu (abzu. apsu is a babel dyslexic flip of abzu, the z became s and the b became p (well the cuneiforms did, anyway)

tiamat doesn't show up till enuma elish, a babylonian creation story, based on the desire of marduk's priests to make all creation accounts relate directly to him . marduk was enki's son. he laid claim to all the activities of the gods before him and changed the abzu into a pair of deities, by first splitting abzu into 2 separate parts and renaming and deifying the separate parts. personally, i think the abzu (and therefore tiamat) is same as the abyss/biblical bottomless pit. (not the ocean but something in the ocean)

all the sumerian evidence to state otherwise was buried under 8 feet of flood silt, from the black sea flood, so it wasn't until the last 200 years that we've discovered that there were texts that predated marduk's tiamat and apsu references in enuma elish

unfortunately, academia and occult writings are still promoting the idea that enuma elish is the oldest account of the creation of the world and those responsible, preferring to ignore sumerian or even older akkadian accounts that might prove the material to be spurious.

edit on 12-6-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
timeline for mesopotamian literature (thus far)

**are events that deviated historical material from the literary timeline of mainstream mesopotamia

sumerian
**flood event
akkadian
**egyptian dynasties (re)started at abydos egypt
babylonian
assyrian
etc

this is the one area where i disagree with sitchin the most (the other being nibiru). he tends to call anything from mesopotamia, sumerian, even if it happened 100s of years after the flood event that buried sumer. i can see later references being somewhat legit, provided they followed, at least loosely, the prior sumerian accounts.

ubaid preceeded sumer. there are many artifacts from that time frame, but as far as i know, no writings. if anyone has evidence otherwise, please post it here.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
abzu [WATER] (314x: ED IIIa, ED IIIb, Old Akkadian, Lagash II, Ur III, Old Babylonian) wr. abzu; abzux(|UMUM×KASKAL|) "(cosmic) underground water; a ritual water container in a temple" Akk. apsû

i'm not sure what to make of that reference from the penn state sumerian dictionary. it has it listed the exact opposite. it has abzu as the babylonian spelling and apsu as the akkadian. this makes no sense whatsoever, as apsu spelling doesn't show up in literature until babylon, whereas older texts have it as abzu. argh. to be fair, it also lists the abzu spelling as old akkadian, lagash, ur, etc, but it doesn't list the apsu spelling as babylonian. something's wrong.

off i go to find out why this is.

if anyone is interested, the apsu is also a ritual water basin in solomon's temple called the sea of bronze, for washing of the priests hands and feet! like a baptismal.
www.templesecrets.info...

here's an excerpt from the encyclopedia mythica

Apsu
by Micha F. Lindemans

A primeval Sumero-Akkadian god who personifies the primordial abyss of sweet waters underneath the earth. He is the consort of Tiamat, the primordial abyss of salt waters of Chaos. In the later mythology of the Enuma Elish, the sweet water mingled with the bitter waters of the sea and with a third watery element, perhaps cloud, the first gods were engendered. The waters of Apsu were thought of as held immobile underground by the 'spell' of Ea in a death-like sleep, but it is also said that Ea had Apsu fall asleep and had killed him. From the clay of Apsu man was fashioned. This appears to be a Sumerian myth, because in the Enuma Elish, Kingu's blood serves this purpose. Apsu's vizir, Mummu, was imprisioned in a house built on his body.
www.pantheon.org...

enki put abzu to sleep. now if abzu was water, not a deity, that means enki put water to sleep. he stilled the water. personally, i think it's a metaphor about the creation of matter from a wormhole or blackhole that formed in the ocean (thus its connection to the abyss/bottomless pit references and why the e.abzu rises from the abyss, where it was created). the bottomless pit has a gate that has to be unlocked, apparently enki locked it back in babel, thus the closing of the gate of the gods (destruction of babel tower) at the time. that means he had the keys to it.

i think a person who has studied revelation will start noticing big clues here. it's all tangled up though! logic puzzle grid needed to unravel it.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I mean do you understand yourself, so isn't Enki "part of you"?
Aren't you a drop of the ocean.
The ocean is in the drop.
What don't you understand what it is that you need to understand about Enki?
I do not understand,

edit on 12-6-2013 by BDBinc because: Change in the changeless

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   

This story seems to be about Easter and a sacred marriage. The new year starts 9 months later. There is a sacrifice in Easter on the cross etc. The gardener is a wild man and is incapable of cultivating the garden and the sacred plants such as the fig trees etc. He needs a women to tame him and civilize him. This is symbolized in the story of Enkidu and Shamhat.

The women dedicated to Inanna was forbidden to have sex with a mortal man. However, at Easter sex with a god was allowed and sacred children were the result. Enkidu was a demi-god or king. His ultimate fate is death and his symbol is Gemini. The gate to the underworld and he is one of the pillars.
Maybe the King or high priest paid the price for this sacrilege by being sacrificed in a high place or mountain even if only a ceremonial ceremony or April fool.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join