It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yahweh...Enki in disguise?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by EnochWasRight

i thought about that and am a bit confused. although i agree it sounds like it's talking about humans, how does that fit into the rest of the information, such as the beast that was, is not, yet is? is it saying it's a carbon molecule blinking in and out of this dimension?

how's it work for only the forehead or hand, since presumably your body is carbon based not just your forehead or hand. and contrast that to the mark of god, which is sealed on the 144,000 ? is that saying the 144,000 are made of something other than carbon?

The beast is being sacrificed in the Temple (Cosmos). The beast is Pride and Selfishness.

2 Timothy 3

3 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.

Mark This! There are 18 identifiers by domain. 6+6+6. Powers and Principalities (Named in this thread) are all being refined. If you are speaking of gravity, you name a power and principality that is over the kingdom as an Angel. The Spirit is in and through all matter. Mankind is the combination of ALL powers and principalities, reflective of ALL and Encompassing all by expression. You can worship a god (little g), but God (Big G) says otherwise. You can prop yourself up as a god, but God will simply judge you for it. We are the beast (Carbon) being refined by the rest. We are the work entering the cocoon, resting, then emerging as the birth of that Womb. We are the butterfly in the future, but in the womb now.

When Satan was asked to bow to man, he did not understand that he was merely one aspect of us and part of the refinement process. He choose that role, as we choose ours. We must overcome that aspect. It rules us as the electron, but the proton and neutron is where you want to be. Of course, this is simply using the root symbolism of creation to show the rest by reflection. The two sides (Positive Proton and Negative Electron in balance) must be zipped by the Neutron. The proton and Neutron are in the nucleus. There were two thieves on the cross. Only one went to paradise, yet this was a gift that is neither taken or earned. We become what we Love most. Reflect the true and emerge as the new life rising. Sink below as your reflection and end with the fires of renewal. The rest will rise.

Again, read this: Eyes Wide Open

You might say this is too hard to understand. There is way too much involved. I say, "No, we all have this word within us." We are the microcosm to the macrocosm. We are the little cosmos to the big Cosmos. We DO know. We choose to either be an electron or proton. Decide and then reflect your new love. If you do not love what you have become, love something new. You become what you love.

Selfishness is the beast and the temple (reflection of the Cosmos) is mankind. We are to overcome the beast. 666 is Carbon. Nitrogen is 777 and 888 is oxygen. God's breath is the air we breath. The Word is spoken with the breath. Speak up NOW!

Romans 10:10

For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

If you hear the voice, you will respond. Which voice do you love? Like Humpty told Alice:

`And only one for birthday presents, you know. There's glory for you!'

`I don't know what you mean by "glory,"' Alice said.

Humpty Dumpty smiled contemptuously. `Of course you don't -- till I tell you. I meant, "there's a nice knock-down argument for you!"

`But "glory" doesn't mean "a nice knock-down argument,"' Alice objected.

`When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, `it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less.

`The question is,' said Alice, `whether you can make words mean so many different things.'

`The question is,' said Humpty Dumpty, `which is to be master - - that's all.'

Alice was too much puzzled to say anything, so after a minute Humpty Dumpty began again.

`They've a temper, some of them -- particularly verbs, they're the proudest -- adjectives you can do anything with, but not verbs -- however, I can manage the whole of them! Impenetrability! That's what I say!'

We are all WORDS spoken by God. What does our word say? God says, "Which is to be master, that's all." Impenetrability is the state in which two things cannot occupy the same space. We are dual and the Triune cannot occupy our space or us theirs. Word is the bridge. Being face to face is the goal. We make it happen by receiving the gift.

The past is in front. The future behind. The PRESENT is the Gift! Water is the key.

edit on 11-6-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Dewey, stop trying to nitpick at Yahweh/God to make him look like he didn't have anything to do with Jesus. Jesus repeated what both God and Moses already told everyone. You just don't know your Bible well enough to realize it.
Maybe you are listening to your cult leader who tells you that Jesus quotes this character that you are calling Yahweh, and since he is your leader and have faith in him as being a prophet, you accept his word for it, while you denigrate my comments, being pre-programmed by your cult to believe that anyone who contradicts the leader is speaking for Satan.

From now on, let's try to stay focused on comparing Yahweh to the Sumerian/Babylon gods instead of trying to disconnect Yahweh from Jesus.
Well then, you stop trying to use Jesus to endorse some character that you are calling Yahweh, and stop trying to say that Jesus claimed to actually be the same person as that so-named character.

ETA: as for Jesus saying that seeing him was seeing the Father, he does not connect the Father, who he is introducing, to an Old Testament character.
edit on 11-6-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Read back through my posts on this thread. The same struggle that we go through below is reflective of the struggle above. God is above the struggle looking across the Creation, which was engaged specifically to allow us to rise back to Him as multiplicity back to unity. The names are powers and principalities engaged in the same lessons. They are the watchers above. What are they watching and what provides their lessons? Who is learning and expanding based on that blood shed below? What will that new life rise to and why is God above the struggle and suffering. Consider this:

Enoch One

2 And I observed the heavenly tablets, and read everything which was written (thereon) and understood
everything, and read the book of all the deeds of mankind, and of all the children of flesh
3 that shall be upon the earth to the remotest generations. And forthwith I blessed the great Lord the King of
glory for ever, in that He has made all the works of the world,
And I extolled the Lord because of His patience,
And blessed Him because of the children of men.
4 And after that I said:
Blessed is the man who dies in righteousness and goodness,
Concerning whom there is no book of unrighteousness written,
And against whom no day of judgement shall be found.

When the image is ended here, what will the Creation produce for US above?

Edgar Allen Poe wrote a short story about a man on his death bed. A doctor decided to hypmotize him so that questions could be asked. Why ask a dying man questions? Who is closer to God and the answers to the cosmos than a man turning from death to true life? Here is one of the answers provided. Was this conversation and story based on reality or just in the mind of Poe? Poe states, in a quite, that this was his own intuition of things speaking. Is that word within us (The tablet of Heaven)? Are we the Tablet itself?

Mesmeric Revelation

---------------------------
P. But to what good end is pain thus rendered possible?

V. All things are either good or bad by comparison. A sufficient analysis will show that pleasure in all cases, is but the contrast of pain. Positive pleasure is a mere idea. To be happy at any one point we must have suffered at the same. Never to suffer would have been never to have been blessed. But it has been shown that, in the inorganic life, pain cannot be; thus the necessity for the organic. The pain of the primitive life of Earth, is the sole basis of the bliss of the ultimate life in Heaven.
-----------------------------
Why, then, do we suffer those above us and the tyranny caused by our own actions and choices? What happens when you smoke? Generally, cancer. What happens when you suffer the gym? More health. Take reward and suffer. Suffer and receive reward. What do all your possessions cause in the end? Suffering to maintain them. The point of the suffering is the journey. Suffer forward rather than as a result. The gods are learning this and so are we. We Create our world by our thoughts.

In the end, we are discussing the progression of events in time by names. The root of the story is found in the symbols of that very story. Look there first.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Maybe you are listening to your cult leader

My cult leader is Jesus, you know, the same one that you say you subscribe to.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

My cult leader is Jesus, you know, the same one that you say you subscribe to.

I think many people subscribe to "Jesus" under his many names, reaching all the way back to Sumeria.
edit on 11-6-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

So, what's the bottom line, Enoch?

Where does it end?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

So, what's the bottom line, Enoch?

Where does it end?

Physicists have postulated that we are a simulation. We are aware, now, that this universe is an illusion of sorts. To us it is real. It is our reality. Reality is what you can sense and make sense of. If it is sensible, it has meaning that is real. The deeper we see, the more we know that there are other realities hidden from us. Take a look at your shadow. Your body is 3D, but it casts a 2D shadow. We know that a 2D shadow is a straight line of the first dimension. Many 1D lines make a 2D plain. Many 2D plains make a 3D object. Many 3D shadows make a 4D timeline. Many 4D timelines are the shadows of the fifth dimensional probabilities. Probabilities are governed by laws, when descend to what is possible from what is indeterminate. You are asking me what comes next in God's determination. We all want the answer to this question. I think I know, therefore I have the ability to collapse that wave function. Faith is seeing what is hidden as evident by what is not hidden.

Looking down, God sees us as we look down at a 2D shadow. Run from your shadow and it follows you. Sometimes it's ahead of you and sometimes behind, but You are the Shadows You Cast. What shadows does God cast down the harmonies? Do you make your hair grow? Do you make your eyes see? Will the Earth turn if you die today? Will the sun shine if you move a mountain? You do two things. You think and move only. God is what is not named and what is named as well. We are HIS image here. We are also our own image as well. We can collapse wave function to make the indeterminate determined. I just mowed my lawn. I overcame its growth for some time, yet I do no make it grow.

What's next? You decide. God's already been to the end and it's as good as the beginning. In the middle, we have the water. That's your place to swim. Again, did you dig the pool? Did you fill the ocean? God can only give. We look at history (HIS Story) and say, "God! Why did you do this to people?" What exactly did God do again? He told a story. He made us characters in that story and gave us our own part to write. He gave us the environment and materials and told us to build. The mind is the builder and you do two things. You think and move. God also gave you and I free will to decide what comes next.

Latin and Greek - Go back and read my first few posts in this thread. Language is a tree, just like DNA. The acorn has a 75 foot oak tree enfolded inside. The oak tree has the acorns enfolded in it. The trunk of the tree is this set of Latin and Greek words:

Amn is Lamb

Amni - River of Life

Amnio - Bowl that catches the blood of the lamb

Amnion - Sac covering the womb

Amniotic Fluid - Waters of the womb

Amnesia - Condition of the waters of life (Jordan)

Amnesty - Forgiveness when you cross from Egypt to Canaan

(If you have ready my threads before, you will notice Amn is a new word on my list. I knew there were 7, but it took a new book to find the missing word.)

The Shepherd pulls the wool over our eyes (Amnesia). He then sheers the wool (Sin) from us season after season (You must be born again). He then washes the wool white as snow (Rebirth) and weaves our future robe from that wool. You are what you love. Some robes are nice and some are horrid. All robes we wear are there for our ability to suffer. We either suffer as a result of choices or we suffer a choice toward reward. It's our own choice to do either. Suffering is the point.

Involution and Evolution

Gospel of the Nazarenes (Lection 88)

12. For by involution and evolution shall the salvation of all the world be accomplished: by the Descent of Spirit into matter, and the Ascent of matter into Spirit through the ages.

Involution is turning in on one's self (within). Compare this to Luke 17:

20 Once, on being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, “The coming of the kingdom of God is not something that can be observed, 21 nor will people say, ‘Here it is,’ or ‘There it is,’ because the kingdom of God is in your midst.”

Make the best choices possible. You cannot gain salvation by works or by taking it like a thief. Salvation is a gift given to those who overcome the path to get there. Our own works are what we gain for ourselves. We must then give those gifts away to receive the gift God gives away to us in return. When Abraham was asked to give up Isaac (The promise Abraham looked at as the nation from his loins), God never intended to take that Son away. He was giving it to Abraham, but only by one pathway: Faith in God first. The Son, ultimately, is the Cosmos. God never intended to take it away from us.

Deuteronomy 4

19 And when you look up to the sky and see the sun, the moon and the stars—all the heavenly array—do not be enticed into bowing down to them and worshiping things the Lord your God has apportioned to all the nations under heaven. 20 But as for you, the Lord took you and brought you out of the iron-smelting furnace, out of Egypt, to be the people of his inheritance, as you now are.

No, he intends to give it to us as an inheritance. The portion you receive of that Soul is the portion (See this thread)you work for now by giving, the reflection of God's will. That new Robe you get will be something entirely different than what you wear now. More power, abilities and the new Crown (mind) you receive will be much more than what you have in the refinery. Egypt is what God calls us out of. Where does he call us to:

Deuteronomy 6 (New Heaven and Earth)

10 When the Lord your God brings you into the land he swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, to give you—a land with large, flourishing cities you did not build, 11 houses filled with all kinds of good things you did not provide, wells you did not dig, and vineyards and olive groves you did not plant—then when you eat and are satisfied, 12 be careful that you do not forget the Lord, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

You are a slave holding the keys to the gate of freedom. That's what comes next. Use the key.

Luke 11:52

"Woe to you experts in the law, because you have taken away the key to knowledge. You yourselves have not entered, and you have hindered those who were entering."

Don't be the expert. Be the light on the path. You light the fire you burn by as well. Suffer first, then reward comes.

We are not in a simulation. We are Children of God being smelted in a furnace. God requires this to raise children. The inheritance is worth it. The simulations are what produced the furnace and the paradise beyond that land of the builders.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

No, I meant the bottom bottom line.

Which God is overseeing all of this.

Or are you now preaching a Universal God for everyone where we all end up in the same place?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Or are you now preaching a Universal God for everyone where we all end up in the same place?

Genesis 1:27

27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

We are in an image God created. We are the image of God as well. When you look at the reflections, you are looking at the one that casts the image. Which image do you refer to, because God is ONE. We are the multiplicity. You are asking which name is God. All of them. Have you read the Tao? What is the source of the 10,000 things. By the way, the number 10,000, in ancient times, meant infinity (More than a man could count). Is God Infinite and Eternal? Your real question is, which God is the personal God that is not me? Here is your answer, but only from my own thoughts.

Reflection on the profound truths...

It's a mirror and you are seen. You WILL see.

1 Corinthians 13

11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

The question can never be, "Can you point out the true God to me?" The question should be, "What is God saying to us?" The God part is evident. What He is telling us is the complicated part, yet the verse above is the short answer. The rest is just commentary and names. You must live the names and stories to understand.

Tao de Ching

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I do know what you are asking. There is no answer to this. God has no opposite here where we can see the totality, as an image, and say, "Hey look. There's God." God is expressed by the whole and the whole cannot be seen in one life. We can have God's image imparted on ours (Holy Spirit) and this is the goal. When refined, all things are revealed. God's kingdom is one of love only. No thieves. We must become this love. Christ is this:

Colossians 1

15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

When I say Christ is the Cosmos, I am referring to what Hermes states in the Corpus Hermeticum, which then translates to this statement of Paul. We are many veins from one blood. The blood (life) is the key to what we become when the worm enters the cocoon.

Isaiah 26

19 But your dead will live, Lord;
their bodies will rise—
let those who dwell in the dust
wake up and shout for joy—
your dew is like the dew of the morning;
the earth will give birth to her dead.
20 Go, my people, enter your rooms
and shut the doors behind you;
hide yourselves for a little while
until his wrath has passed by.
21 See, the Lord is coming out of his dwelling
to punish the people of the earth for their sins.
The earth will disclose the blood shed on it;
the earth will conceal its slain no longer.

We are the dew. The sun rises and the Dew distills and returns to the ocean from where it comes. Each drop enters it's own room (many rooms in the mansions). We rest. God cycles the lower realms back and starts over. Each time, a new story is told. Possibly, this is the only story told and the only one needed. There is a judgment of what takes place. Each will give an account of their own story. God already knows. A mirror is a reflecting point.

Midrash

Future bliss can neither be imagined, explained, nor described. We know nothing of its nature, form, greatness, or beauty, its quantity or quality. This much one should know, the phrase, "the world to come," does not imply that it is a world yet to be called into existence; it exists already, but the phrase is employed to describe the life into which those who are in the present stage of existence will be transposed when they throw off this mortal coil.

Science see evolution as obvious. They deny that Spirit is behind it. I say its evident and the Creator is seen only in the Word used for the story. All of it shows the word inside us all. We are the image of God. We first learn to see and hear and the story comes alive. It only requires faith. God gives Faith is we ask for it. It's a gift. Faith makes things possible, not easy.

Earlier, I said it's a zipper pulling both sides together. When we see and hear, what's the zipper?

Confucius: "I hear and I forget. I see and I learn. I do and I understand."

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Future bliss can neither be imagined, explained, nor described. We know nothing of its nature, form, greatness, or beauty, its quantity or quality. This much one should know, the phrase, "the world to come," does not imply that it is a world yet to be called into existence; it exists already, but the phrase is employed to describe the life into which those who are in the present stage of existence will be transposed when they throw off this mortal coil.

So, there will or will not be a new heaven/earth in which death and hell will be done away with entirely and those who try to drag people there?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

And what happens to the Hybrid Aliens that are here on ATS?

it is NOT just me
YOU are one too
we ALL are
it is all whether or not you CHOOSE your god DNA or your BEAST DNA
they look at us as a TINY bit better than a beast
if we can put civilization FIRST
then they will be more apt and willing to communicate.
I have VERY strict moral standards
I do not steal
I detest violence
I put others first
THIS is why I am telling you all these things and enduring the slander and ridicule that comes with it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

They all have strict moral codes too.

In fact, I'm seeing all kinds of goddess worship that requires a strict moral code.

So, how does that work? What happens to all of these little gods who teach such things?

So, do all of these little gods get to live on forever as long as they are preaching a moral code?

edit on 11-6-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

So, there will or will not be a new heaven/earth in which death and hell will be done away with entirely and those who try to drag people there?

When you ask a loaded question, you have your answer already in mind. You ask to entrap me by your own premise. I have given you the context and all of what I have linked to explains the answer by my own frame of reference. I am merely another mirror on the wall and there are many. Specifically, this link:

Eyes Wide Open

Additional, read Enoch One. It's beginning to end as Enoch knew the story. Read The Virgin of the World to hear what the schools of Egypt knew. Read Rumi to know what Ishmael knows. Read the Tao and Dhammapada to know what Oriental knows. Read philosophy to know Occidental. Your question involves this path of the Way and the Truth, but the Life (Answer to your question) is for those who see beyond the other two. Christ said this about East and West and the path between.

John 14

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

He is all three. The life (New Heaven and Earth) is overcoming the path (Way) and the (Truth). What is the truth?

Truth in Hebrew - Aleph Mem Tav

Beginning, Middle in the Jordan and the Life (Across the Jordan on the other side). Mem is water. We must come out of Egypt, cross the wilderness and enter the promised land. Imagine a river, then put a bridge on it. That's the cross (crossing). You must build the bridge or use the one God provides. By the way, sheep cannot build bridges. It takes a Shepherd and there is only one provided. His Sheep enter that land and he seeks any sheep that are lost.

Earlier, I outlined the Shadows (We are the Shadows We Cast) In the world to come, there are none. Light only.

Revelation 22

22 Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb 2 down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. 3 No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him. 4 They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. 5 There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever.

John and the Angel

6 The angel said to me, “These words are trustworthy and true. The Lord, the God who inspires the prophets, sent his angel to show his servants the things that must soon take place.”

When a sheep is at most rest is where the Shepherd is there. A lamb can gain as much as 100 ibs. in 100 days if they are in green pastures. Still waters are deep and have no parasites. Stagnant pools are also still but shallow and infested. Sheep have trouble watering near raging rivers. What the Sheep need to produce good wool is the Word. The wool produces your kingdom to come.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
The Sheep know the voice of the Shepherd. Only one Gate. Many thieves and robbers will try other gates. Some will even enter the wedding feast with no robe on. The wool covers them from head to toe.

Read up on the Wedding Banquet. We must have a robe presented to us as a gift.

"The Wedding Planner

First century Jewish wedding customs held that the father of the groom was in charge of the event and bore all the expense associated with the wedding and the banquet that followed. I’ve been told that in case of royalty or the very wealthy this often included providing a specially made garment to be worn over a guest’s regular clothing. This wedding garment was presented to the guest upon arrival and donned immediately. Refusal to wear it was an insult to the Father of the groom and could get a guest ejected from the festivities. In case of large gatherings it also served as identification to discourage uninvited guests from crashing the party."

The Father gives Faith. Christ gives salvation. This Gift cannot be taken or earned. Sheep cannot make robes.

And what happens to the Hybrid Aliens that are here on ATS?

it is NOT just me
YOU are one too
we ALL are
it is all whether or not you CHOOSE your god DNA or your BEAST DNA
they look at us as a TINY bit better than a beast
if we can put civilization FIRST
then they will be more apt and willing to communicate.
I have VERY strict moral standards
I do not steal
I detest violence
I put others first
THIS is why I am telling you all these things and enduring the slander and ridicule that comes with it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

They all have strict moral codes too.

In fact, I'm seeing all kinds of goddess worship that requires a strict moral code.

So, how does that work? What happens to all of these little gods who teach such things?

So, do all of these little gods get to live on forever as long as they are preaching a moral code?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

There is already a place like that.
It's called, Hell.
If you are in hell, you aren't worried about death, since you are already dead.
You are also not worried about going to hell, since you are already there.
Some people may find it quite comforting to be there.
I wouldn't.
And you are also, for those who do not know this, quite literally drug there.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I apologize if this has already been mentioned (stopped reading on pg 4).

I have found this a subject that has fascinated me for a long time. I feel that there are similarities in many myths and cultures. I have read a lot of Sitchin’s books (own 4 of them) but have also taken a college mythologies course that spent a lot of time dealing with the Middle East. To be honest, I was going to purchase the text book even if I didn’t get in the class.

I do not know if my interpretation is right, but here goes some things as how I perceive it.

1) Concerning the Old Testament, The Books attributed to Moses are actually the work of 3 different authors. Scholars refer to these authors by the letters J (or Y), E, and P, which stand for the Jehovist or Yahwist, Elohist, and Priestly sources. The writing style, way they refer to God, location and setting can help identify the writer.

2) Genesis borrows from older stories. Noah is like a retelling of Ut-napishtim; Moses birth and the story of Sargon.

3) Concerning the main OP, I think Enki is portrayed as the serpent in the OT.

From “Introduction to Mythology- Contemporary Approaches to Classical and World Myths 3rd ed., Thury & Devinney” comparing destruction stories.

Pg. 155
The flood story in Ovid seems to be related to Middle Eastern accounts through the character Prometheus. Scholar Charles Penglase suggests that it represents a Mesopotamian tradition in which the god Enki rebels against the head god Enlil and protects humans from his wrath.

4) Enki can be represented by entwined serpents, just like the ones on the back of an ambulance or depicting a medical field. DNA strand looks similar to 2 entwined serpents.

5) As others I believe mentioned, the serpent (dragon) is credited with helping humans in many cultures. The serpent seems to have caught a bad rap in the Judeo-Christian context.

I feel the bible makes much more sense after looking into the Sumerian text. Like I always wondered as a kid, how it was that Adam and Eve were the only people, they have 2 sons, Cain kills Abel and is cast out to wander with a mark on his forehead, yet returns with a wife and children.

I feel the answer to that can be answered by the 2 stories of creation that take place on the first two pages of Genesis. In chapter 1, man is created after all the animals. In chapter 2 there is man first, this time with the name Adam and he is alone and God makes the animals and lets Adam name them. 2 different stories of creation and I think there were people still around from the first story and that is how Cain comes back with a wife (but that’s just me).

Thanks for the thread OP even though I think you have them backwards

By definition every member who has posted here can claim the title of "Mythologist"

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

I thought Yahweh was that Canaanite storm god, associated with mountains, thunder and lightning, and best equated with Zeus and Thor

He is the Lord of the Storm, but that is just a title and it's an an allegorical storm as much as it is a literal one.

Proverbs 30:4

4 Who has ascended into heaven, or descended?
Who has gathered the wind in His fists?
Who has bound the waters in a garment?
Who has established all the ends of the earth?
What is His name, and what is His Son’s name,
If you know?

We see Jesus proclaim that he is Yahweh with his actions. Below is how he fulfills Proverbs 30:4.

John 3:7-13 (only Jesus has descended or acended to heaven)

7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

9 Nicodemus answered and said to Him, “How can these things be?”

10 Jesus answered and said to him, “Are you the teacher of Israel, and do not know these things? 11 Most assuredly, I say to you, We speak what We know and testify what We have seen, and you do not receive Our witness. 12 If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things? 13 No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven.

(Jesus speaking underlined portion)

Mark 4:35-41 (Jesus calms the storm)

35 On the same day, when evening had come, He said to them, “Let us cross over to the other side.” 36 Now when they had left the multitude, they took Him along in the boat as He was. And other little boats were also with Him. 37 And a great windstorm arose, and the waves beat into the boat, so that it was already filling. 38 But He was in the stern, asleep on a pillow. And they awoke Him and said to Him, “Teacher, do You not care that we are perishing?”

39 Then He arose and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, “Peace, be still!” And the wind ceased and there was a great calm. 40 But He said to them, “Why are you so fearful? How is it that you have no faith?”[d] 41 And they feared exceedingly, and said to one another, “Who can this be, that even the wind and the sea obey Him!”

Matthew 14:22-31 ( Jesus walks on the sea of Galilee)

2 Immediately Jesus made His disciples get into the boat and go before Him to the other side, while He sent the multitudes away. 23 And when He had sent the multitudes away, He went up on the mountain by Himself to pray. Now when evening came, He was alone there. 24 But the boat was now in the middle of the sea, tossed by the waves, for the wind was contrary.

25 Now in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went to them, walking on the sea. 26 And when the disciples saw Him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, “It is a ghost!” And they cried out for fear.

27 But immediately Jesus spoke to them, saying, “Be of good cheer! It is I; do not be afraid.”

28 And Peter answered Him and said, “Lord, if it is You, command me to come to You on the water.”

29 So He said, “Come.” And when Peter had come down out of the boat, he walked on the water to go to Jesus. 30 But when he saw that the wind was boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink he cried out, saying, “Lord, save me!”

31 And immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and caught him, and said to him, “O you of little faith, why did you doubt?” 32 And when they got into the boat, the wind ceased.

33 Then those who were in the boat came and worshiped Him, saying, “Truly You are the Son of God.”

So as you can see, Jesus was telling them by his actions who he is. Actions speak louder than words has always been his design, but when he did speak, it was best to your soul if you listened. Jesus is Yahweh or IEUE or however it is prnounced because truly, the exact pronunciation of his name has been lost, which is why we were given Yeshua ha'Moshiach (Jesus the Christ) as the only name whereby men must be saved. This is who our Creator is.
edit on 11-6-2013 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
the old testament was in the sole purview of the synagogue of the accuser.
the new testament was in the sole purview of........well you know who.

i know the queen of heaven/babylon thing has you going, it did me too. but there's something just not right about the way everything else is being told. there are so many contradictions, mistranslations, the more i learned about it, the more i realized i was gonna have to ask for supernatural help because as it stood, it just wasn't adding up.

it then dawned on me that the rcc was acting as if it were enki-ite when it was in fact, enlil-ite, and as a result, was just running the same scheme islam runs and judaism runs -- that being that the most loving being in the universe, has less compassion for his creation than your worst enemy.

Yah has already demonstrated that he can be our worst nightmare and our best hope whichever one likes. There is no need at last to struggle with reconciliation of the two extreme ends of the Almighty. It is what it is.

The Queen of heaven thing gets Yah going to. Why? Because it is just another attempt to dethrone Him. Just look at the would be dethroners. Baal, Moloch, Queen of Heaven....they come in all shapes and sizes, genders and attributes. Whatever the hook is.....kindly mother figure, Queen of the Forest, Mother Nature. In the end she isn't any different that than male substitutes and even shares some of their attributes. Simply the female symbol of rebellion whatever sort of facade one wants to put on it.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Dewey, we don't speak the same language and you didn't understand a word I said.

I'm talking about the new heaven/earth. The one you refuse to do your research on.

The new heaven/earth is separate from hell.

For someone who loves Jesus, I pity the fact that you don't try to read his words more.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by IntrinsicMotivation

You're welcome, and the background material you present in your post is generally reliable, but do re-consider the case i made for Yah as a pronunciation of Ea, the scholarly case for this is very strong, and that in nature he was originaly a Deity associated with the sea and water, Celestial and Terrestial.

There was an entire quarter of the skies in Sumerian astrology dedicated to Enki and his aquatic ways.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join