It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yahweh...Enki in disguise?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

what do you make of the woman clothed with the sun and a crown of 12 stars, with the moon beneath her feet, who gave birth to a man child who would rule the nations with a rod of iron?

She represents the nation of Israel and the twelve stars represent the twelve tribes of Israel.

Jesus is the man child that was born in the nation of Israel who will come to rule it with an iron fist.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

In Christianity, you have a Pantheon as well. There are actually two creator Gods (one male and one female that each have their separate creation stories in Genesis) there is Satan, there is Jesus and there is Satan's son right? There is also Lilith, who supposedly dated both Adam and Satan, and those are the only ones I can think of at the moment.

I've never read that in the Bible. Do you have sources?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

I pointed out that Yahweh is derivative of Ea, but also noted that in the early stories of Genesis these are still derivative of a broader Pantheon, were El (Anu) was the Supreme Deity.

But Yahweh was El Elyon.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by undo

what do you make of the woman clothed with the sun and a crown of 12 stars, with the moon beneath her feet, who gave birth to a man child who would rule the nations with a rod of iron?

She represents the nation of Israel and the twelve stars represent the twelve tribes of Israel.

Jesus is the man child that was born in the nation of Israel who will come to rule it with an iron fist.

when we study the texts, we get honed in, precise. alexander hislop in his two babylons, was very precise, so precise, he was using comparisons that, although they made a good deal of sense, were sometimes SOMETIMES over lapping with metaphors and symbols that were actually benign or even good, and it was all called bad because it's our tendency to do that when we're hot on the trail of biblical research.

an example would be seeing the metaphor of the woman clothed with the sun, positioned in the starry sky, with the ecliptic around her head representing the 12 tribes and so on, and claiming it was symbol of the queen of heaven. hislop doens't do this, but i just want to give you an idea of how a depiction of that, say in art, might lead one to think that's what it's depicting.

in effect, that scene is depicting the sun rising in the belly of virgo (she's pregnant with the sun), a specific time in history, which helps the reader date the rest of the events that transpire. some people would call that, evil queen of heaven stuff.

the line is so very fragile that it can be easily misunderstood.

edit on 11-6-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by darkbake

In Christianity, you have a Pantheon as well. There are actually two creator Gods (one male and one female that each have their separate creation stories in Genesis) there is Satan, there is Jesus and there is Satan's son right? There is also Lilith, who supposedly dated both Adam and Satan, and those are the only ones I can think of at the moment.

I've never read that in the Bible. Do you have sources?

It's not part of the Bible. There are not two separate accounts of Creation or God in the Bible. Genesis, chapter 1 discusses the basic layout of what happened on what day and chapter 2 goes into more detail and description on what happened on those days.

I don't know where people get this information, except for the spirits that they talk to (the ones that they were told by God not to talk to), so not to be deceived.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
This entire thread suggests to me that these beings weren't actually gods, but advanced beings whose nature evolved over the ages. You know, the telephone game. A council that for its own reasons, whittled itself down slowly over the thousands of years between then and now before finally stepping back to watch us take our last stumbling steps into graduation. It feels like this era is definitely a make-it-or-break-it period, where we either prove ourselves or destroy this path of progress and start anew.

I guess you would call it a corporation or a "council", superadvanced beings shepherding the evolution of the human species. Pure speculation, of course.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

It's not part of the Bible. There are not two separate accounts of Creation or God in the Bible. Genesis, chapter 1 discusses the basic layout of what happened on what day and chapter 2 goes into more detail and description on what happened on those days.

I don't know where people get this information, except for the spirits that they talk to (the ones that they were told by God not to talk to), so not to be deceived.

I still have not discounted the possibility that the "bad guy" is primarily responsible for the creation of your Bible. Strategically speaking, it was a brilliant move. I'm sure any military gurus here will know exactly what I'm talking about.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

No, El Elyon was the Highest God El who divided all peoples, the Chosen People of Yahweh were the Hebrews.

When the Most High (ʿElyōn) divided nations,
he separated the sons of man (Ādām);
he set the bounds of the masses
according to the number of the sons of Israel

For God's (yhwh) portion is his people;
Jacob is the lot of his inheritance.

This passage appears to identify ʿElyōn with Elohim, but not necessarily with Yahweh. It can be read to mean that ʿElyōn separated mankind into 70 nations according to his 70 sons (the 70 sons of Ēl being mentioned in the Ugaritic texts), each of these sons to be the tutelary god over one of the 70 nations, one of them being the god of Israel, Yahweh

en.wikipedia.org...

Yahweh is the particular God of Israel.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

So, go ahead and give us a full description of how you see it, including the symbolism of the stars and the moon.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
kantzveldt

When the Most High (ʿElyōn) divided nations, he separated the sons of man (Ādām); he set the bounds of the masses according to the number of the sons of Israel

you might enjoy this!
www.herealittletherealittle.net...

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

reply to post by undo

So, go ahead and give us a full description of how you see it, including the symbolism of the stars and the moon.

oh i'm with you. it's depicting mary, pregnant with jesus. and it's also depicting timeframe for the prophecy that's about to be discussed in the text, by pointing to a specific time in history during which the sun rose in the middle of virgo so that she appeared to be pregnant with the sun.

the bible, especially prophecy, is not a simple, straight forward affair. it's multi-layered.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

Genesis 14:18-22

18 And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.

19 And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth:

20 And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.

21 And the king of Sodom said unto Abram, Give me the persons, and take the goods to thyself.

22 And Abram said to the king of Sodom, I have lift up mine hand unto the Lord, the most high God, the possessor of heaven and earth,

Yahweh is the most high God. It's just he picked the tribe of Jacob to call his own when he divided up the tribes. He used the tribe of Jacob for Jesus to be born into.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by undo

That's a hell of a summary. I gotta start reading your posts more closely from now on, you're rather amusing in an illuminating sort of way. But why do you suppose the NT was written so differently?

theoretically, it's because the old testament is mostly an enlil book, and the new is mostly an enki book. i dunno how else to look at it. i mean, we have more patience with our house pets than we see in genesis shown towards the adam and eve by the most compassionate and loving being in the universe. that's like an insult to him, to suggest he would do something like that just because a couple of new creations screwed up. it'd be like putting your 2 year old in advanced calculus and then condemning him to a life of suffering and misery cause he couldn't solve the calculations correctly the first time, when he was more interested in his diaper and his bottle. . i mean, that's the magnitude of difference between a guy that can create the universe and some homo sapiens running around naked in a garden.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

i mean, we have more patience with our house pets than we see in genesis shown towards the adam and eve by the most compassionate and loving being in the universe. that's like an insult to him, to suggest he would do something like that just because a couple of new creations screwed up.

It was God's ultimate plan for mankind to understand the difference between good and evil (and not just the good), so that they could use their free will to choose, just like he gave the angels/demons their free will to choose.

Yes, God punished those who chose to listen to the fallen ones over Him, just so they would know who would ultimately be in control in the end.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

reply to post by undo

i mean, we have more patience with our house pets than we see in genesis shown towards the adam and eve by the most compassionate and loving being in the universe. that's like an insult to him, to suggest he would do something like that just because a couple of new creations screwed up.

It was God's ultimate plan for mankind to understand the difference between good and evil (and not just the good), so that they could use their free will to choose, just like he gave the angels/demons their free will to choose.

Yes, God punished those who chose to listen to the fallen ones over Him, just so they would know who would ultimately be in control in the end.

according to paul, eve didn't choose as a result of knowing what the flip was actually going on. eve was tricked.

now imagine this scenario. according to dogma regarding the scene and its participants, the serpent was the most perfect creation in existence before its "fall" (you really do need to try reading between some of the lines). it was physically beauttiful, wise, tricky, subtle, hyper intelligent. it's allowed to roam into a place with a couple of uneducated, almost completely unprepared, young people, presumably with the mentality of children, one of which (eve) has no idea at all, what she's about to encounter. it's like dumping your kids off at the playboy mansion on international pedophile psychopathic murderer day and telling them, be good.

doh.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

according to paul, eve didn't choose as a result of knowing what the flip was actually going on. eve was tricked.

now imagine this scenario. according to dogma regarding the scene and its participants, the serpent was the most perfect creation in existence before its "fall" (you really do need to try reading between some of the lines). it was physically beauttiful, wise, tricky, subtle, hyper intelligent.

Yes, the serpent was one of the forms that Lucifer/Satan took on to teach humans about evil.

Lucifer was a covering cherub angel before he decided that he wanted to be God, rivaling the the one true God, who ultimately kicked him down to earth for choosing to be his rival (accuser/Satan).

edit on 11-6-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Yes, the serpent was one of the forms that Lucifer/Satan took on to teach humans about evil.

Lucifer was a covering cherub angel before he decided that he wanted to be God, rivaling the the one true God, who ultimately kicked him down to earth for choosing to be his rival (accuser/Satan).

You know, I'm kinda curious here. Why on Earth didn't God create a neighboring universe, isolate it, shove Lucifer inside and instate him as god of that universe, and seal it off for all of eternity? Both granting his wish and eliminating him as a threat.

Boom. No more Great Deceiver. And anyone who chose to be transferred...would be. After all, only God would hold the key to that particular universe, right? And he could open the door for anyone who chose to be in Lucifer's world.

So why didn't he do that? Hell, who's to say this isn't Lucifer's universe right now and we spend our whole lives deciding where we want to be after we die, and so each time we die, we either choose to reincarnate in God's universe or Lucifer's universe? God's universe is called "Heaven" and Lucifer's universe is called "Hell", and we spend a lifetime in each in order to continually refresh our understanding. If we could remember our past lives, we might see a trail of lessons taken from each lifetime spent in each universe, all culminating in this lifetime.

An eternity of lifetimes spent exploring both Yin and Yang, seeing how each reflects and complements the other. Mind = BLOWN.
edit on 11-6-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
the serpent was dna. you were created by dna.
you weren't created by popcorn
(hopefully hehe).

why's it say adam KNEW his wife and she begat?
to know was to ________________ ? (fill in the blank)

that whole thing is about dna, different parts of dna that govern different body functions and the decisions made along the way, not by the adam and the eve, but by the creator and the planet owner. let's call the planet owner a system lord.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Boom. No more Great Deceiver. And anyone who chose to be transferred...would be. After all, only God would hold the key to that particular universe, right? And he could open the door for anyone who chose to be in Lucifer's world.

Actually, God already created such a place.

Revelation 1

18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I edited. Sorry. Please read my previous post again.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join