It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yahweh...Enki in disguise?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Link again the enlil flood reference, I saw you mention it, I did not see a link to show the evidence.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
reply to post by undo

Link again the enlil flood reference, I saw you mention it, I did not see a link to show the evidence.

the atrahasis epic calls him ELLIL. you can do your own comparative analysis with it and the epic of gilgamesh references to the same thing
www.jcu.edu...

epic of gilgamesh tablet 11
www.ancienttexts.org...

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

The flood would have to have happened long before the stories were written. So would you be surprised that those who followed a god named Enlil attributed the flood to him?

Now I am trying to find your etymology trail that links enlil to elohim and I am unable to find any sources that show that. How did you derive at such a conclusion? Not that it matters because all it would show is that Enlil became a generic way to say god, much the same way Christians and Muslims use the same generic word.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Hebraica

"Babylon is the greek form of Babel or Babili and Ba-bel is the semitic form of KA.DINGIR.RA"

KA.DINGIR.RA

Language variants
edit on 11-6-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Show me the progression of ....
EN.LIL
to
LIL
to
ILU
to
IL / EL

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   

+

Babil or Babili or Babilu= Babel

therefore,
IL
ILI
ILU
EL

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Yeah same old same old argument
but
What if enki is a copy of Jehova not the other way around.

Your argument is a waste of time, dates are not that accurate.
Some books of the bible are older if I remember correctly, I could be wrong

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
Yeah same old same old argument
but
What if enki is a copy of Jehova not the other way around.

Your argument is a waste of time, dates are not that accurate.
Some books of the bible are older if I remember correctly, I could be wrong

i don't think they are copies (they are the same!), i think it's just language variants and cultural norms, clouding everything. i mean, afterall, babel was confusion of languages, was it not? have to work at this stuff to decipher it.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Your "proof" shows Enlil is Allah, I do not see Elohim there, what am I missing?

Can you link me where you got that?
edit on 11-6-2013 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

He means if they made up Enkil and then attributed acts Yahweh did to Enkil. Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   

reply to post by undo

Your "proof" shows Enlil is Allah, I do not see Elohim there, what am I missing?

okay, i just proved the il is lil and lil is enlil. i also proved that il is el and that means enlil. it goes like this

EN.LIL
LIL
IL and variants, is
EL

EN.LIL is one of several gods, in particular the one in charge of the earth.
he's pictured in the links i gave you, decreeing the flood.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   

reply to post by undo

He means if they made up Enkil and then attributed acts Yahweh did to Enkil. Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

well now that's possible. i did follow an etymology trail from anu to amen (egyptian king of the gods) and some clues that amen-ra was enki-ea. and that ra was at some point, a deification of enki's e.abzu.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   

reply to post by undo

Can you link me where you got that?
edit on 11-6-2013 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

surely but be warned, the author insists that EL is never IL or LIL, and therefore, never ENLIL. he thinks he has evidence the al'lah was just a pagan god that was adapted by the muslims to be a monotheistic god, when he was always a polytheistic god of pagan origins. i think al'lah is jehovah, but the enlil aspect of jehovah, which is to say, he owned the planet, killed alot of people because he didn't like what they were doing to his planet, etc. and that enki is jehovah, but the creator aspect of jehovah. etc. and it all got jumbled together after babel.

www.balaams-ass.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by pthena

The Midianite Southern based cult of Yah given as at the time of Moses is interesting, a cult of a sacred mountain and wells and living water from the rock, and that direct association of water and life found with the cult of Ea...there was also the Juniper or broom bush sacred to Enki.

reply to post by liveandlearn

This page gives the most general information for making the case that Yah was derivative of Ea, it's surprising the number of scholars that were suggesting this around a century ago and how it never really became better known to the general public.

www.bibleorigins.net...

reply to post by OccamsRazor04

They were at the bottom of the post, but the above link cites the sources when this was first proposed a century ago;

This is a good breakdown of considerations from Ebla;

The Sacred name at Ebla

Basic info on Yw in the Baal struggle cycle

At least one writer has pointed out, regarding the occurrence of "Yw" in the Baal Cycle, that one possible vocalization is "Yaw", and thus may possibly have etymological ties to YHWH of the Hebrew Old Testament.[2] In this case the struggle between Yam/Yaw and Baal, prefigures that mentioned between the priests of Baal and the priests of Yahweh, led by Elijah, at Mount Carmel in 1 Kings 18

Yam/Yw

reply to post by Loveaduck

I look at such aspects a lot, these threads might interest you along such lines;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The religious complexes within the Sumerian cities weren't just ceremonial centres, they were very much concerned with pro-creation, the establishment of breeds and herds, strains and cultivars, it was as much about what was going out from these storehouses as what was going into them, the Deities were very much seen as hands on creationists at every agricultural level, and also concerned with the creation and breeding of humanity.

edit on 11-6-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Let me show you a pattern here (based on Wikipedia sources)...

Enki =

He was the deity of crafts (gašam); mischief; water, seawater, lakewater

Nammu =

Nammu was the Goddess sea (Engur)

Have you ever wondered why the Bible says this? Or why it appears to be separate and distinct?

Exodus 20:4

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

Philippians 2:10

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

Revelation 20:12-13

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

Revelation 13:1

13 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea , having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

Let's just say that everything that the Bible says about those that reside under the earth or associated with the sea are all associated with evil.

Enki is not God. Enki is a god that will be judged by God/Jesus.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

You are referencing "The Seven Daughters of Eve". Some major flaws with the theory, but an interesting read.

Hey there. Thank you for that information. I am going to look it up. I seem to remember some scientific basis or confirmation or something which I will also try to find and maybe bring here to the thread.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
let's not forget that enki is the one that 1) creates homo sapiens, 2) confuses the languages at babel and 3) warns the noah figure about the flood, gives instructions on how to build the ark, gives the noah figure advice on how to keep enlil from going ballistic when he finds out some humans have survived the flood.
he shows up in the I AM THAT I AM statement. and later shows up in the guise of jesus, to rescue the populace, once more, from the ire of enlil but this time, permanently.

What we have here is an interpretation of events based on a mixture or superposition of the Sumerian version, upon the Hebrew version, used to interpret the Hebrew version.

The Hebrew version is very clear that the decision to spare Noah was made by the chief God and was not a decision made by lesser gods in the face of the chief Gods wish to destroy every last human. Thus the two stories contradict each other here as at other points.

In fact I would go so far as to say that the Sumerian version is a clear attempt to cast the chief God in a bad light and give their lesser gods credit for saving man. We can see that rift play out later as Abraham is asked to move out of the area as part of an effort to preserve the alternative and true record of events.

The Hebrew account says that at some point it "grieved God that He had made man" and yet Noah found favor in His sight and was shown how to preserve himself and others. So we see that the making of man, being grieved with man and the preservation of man was something that was not done while dodging the will of a higher being. Even if we hold that Jesus was operating here we also see that his authority to act and his relationship to the his father were not at odds.

Another in interesting note.....we see the Tower of Babble language change up overridden at penticost...a clear sign of the presents of the same power present at Babble, wind, some very supernatural act, preformed by the same God, the head God, that spoke to the others as "us" as He did concerning the creation of man, the tree of life, and the situation at Babble. Whatever the nature of the relationship in "us" it is clear that the Head, Lord of Lords is talking in these cases.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
for myself - ANU - the king of Nibiru and dad - Enlil (oldest son) the overall ruler of earth as designated by ANU and his lowly bro En.ki - appointed by ANU to oversee science and operation of gold extraction.
Abzu - found in Africa see Michael Tellinger
En.ki did save the Human species (as father and originator via cloning of the human race) at the behest of complaining miners.
Enlil did not like the new bi-peds and wished them ill - via the upcoming flood.
En.ki - EA (bringer of knowledge) did save Noah (Ziusudra) and his sons and wives, as well as the animals by building a submersible, of course the two species of every kind were in ... test tubes.
Inana spoiled neice of ANU - given her own flying machine and prancing around the earth doing as she pleased.

now where is my coffee cup.
c(_) ***sip*** aww.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kantzveldt
reply to post by pthena

The Midianite Southern based cult of Yah given as at the time of Moses is interesting, a cult of a sacred mountain and wells and living water from the rock, and that direct association of water and life found with the cult of Ea...there was also the Juniper or broom bush sacred to Enki.

Here's something else that's interesting about Enki being associated with groundwater and the sea.

The Bible says that when the current earth is destroyed by fire and replaced with a new heaven/earth, that there will be no more sea and only a river of life running through it.

Revelation 21:1 and 6

1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo

yeah that's in the sumerian text, enki and ninmah. i have a whole other theory (another layer) of information on the topic, but this one is complicated enough at the moment. unravelling thousands of years of history, perhaps hundreds of thousands, from just a few brief cliff notes, ain't easy.

sitchin (who i have a few disagreements with) wrote an article on the topic back when the genome project was completed. the article might still be on his website. www.sitchin.com...

I get what you mean about the layers of the story. You have to consider so many factors including how the original script may have changed accidentally and deliberately over the years. I imagine it is like trying to put a few puzzles together when the pieces are intertwined. I try to divide known facts from speculation first and try to form a thread of events that are verified. To think we are still discovering artifacts that might help to unravel the thread of history and it is fairly overwhelming. I am not a dedicated student of this topic so my theories may seem amateurish but it fascinates me none the less. I am going to check out that link as soon as I have a little more time to read and enjoy it. Sitchin seems to have taken a lot of liberty and made some incredible assumptions and translations, for example Nibiru and it's elliptical orbit. I don't believe in it, but of course I could be wrong. Thank you for your response to my post.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join