It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yahweh...Enki in disguise?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I thought Yahweh was that Canaanite storm god, associated with mountains, thunder and lightning, and best equated with Zeus and Thor?

A read of Genesis would seem to support this.

Not a particularly nice guy, prone to temper. Rarely stands his round in the pub.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

4) The fact that in terms of World politics and religion, only the fertile crescent area is even considered when speaking of where did "God" originate, is quite telling when it comes to what has already been accepted from people. What about my gods who exist even if no city state ever came to be in the fertile crescent? Are my gods to be ignored because they never destroyed a city?

Who are your gods, Pthena?

Why do you think that Jesus was born in Israel? Why do you think all of the nations surrounding it are Muslim?

Another battle is going to brew if the day ever comes where Islam or the surrounding nations ever try to destroy Israel again.

It's all Biblical. It's gonna happen.

Zechariah 12:3

3 And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Yahweh as i have previously pointed out did absorb the cults of El and Baal, the story of Elijah summoning lightening in a competition with the Priests of Baal is indicative of that, anything Baal can do Yahweh can do better, but that doesn't detract from the fact that the origins of Yah were through Ea.

Even though he has apparantly assimilated the attributes of other Deities to become the Supreme personification of the Divine Masculine, this is only through the writings of the Hebrew scribes, whether that accords with any greater reality is a different question.

reply to post by AndyMayhew

As stated above, that was an aspect that developed over time, the storm God Baal was the original main rival of Yah, he was defeated and assimilated and hence the confusion.

reply to post by Deetermined

The Sumerian civilization was first conquered by the Semitic Akkadians, who refered to Enki as Ea, and first translated the cult from Southern Mesopotamia to places such as Harran and Ebla.

As the cult of Enki was Southernmost in Iraq, in the region of Eridu and Ur, it also seems to have been the case that the Semites had a particular attatchment to this cult, and the life giving waters associated with it, and the sacred date palm, not surprising for desert dwellers.
edit on 10-6-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew

I thought Yahweh was that Canaanite storm god, associated with mountains, thunder and lightning, and best equated with Zeus and Thor?

I can see where they thought that based on the way that the Bible describes the return of Jesus, the Son of God (Yahweh).

Revelation 1:7

7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Matthew 24:27-30

27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

To me, the name "Marduk" spells the end (or more accurately, the hibernation) of the matriarchal empire. This empire of Marduk & Co. is, in the big picture, and extremely temporary one. I think the swing of the pendulum coming back will not be accompanied with the trademark bloodshed that the Abrahamic faiths brought with them but it will be absolute in its effect.

Some scholars are saying that Revelation chapter 12 is right from the Marduk story.
see Revelation 12 as Combat-Creation Myth

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by pthena
reply to post by Cuervo

To me, the name "Marduk" spells the end (or more accurately, the hibernation) of the matriarchal empire. This empire of Marduk & Co. is, in the big picture, and extremely temporary one. I think the swing of the pendulum coming back will not be accompanied with the trademark bloodshed that the Abrahamic faiths brought with them but it will be absolute in its effect.

Some scholars are saying that Revelation chapter 12 is right from the Marduk story.
see Revelation 12 as Combat-Creation Myth

Ooooh, I got to get my procrastinating butt into gear and start working today but I scanned a bit of it and will read it all later but, so far, it sounds like something I'd dig. Just through skimming, I'm seeing the possible Tiamat ~ Dragon thingie.

Thanks for linking.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

The Sumerian civilization was first conquered by the Semitic Akkadians, who refered to Enki as Ea, and first translated the cult from Southern Mesopotamia to places such as Harran and Ebla.

I was talking about the other civilizations that adopted Enki worship afterwards. Specifically, the Cannanites, Hittites and Hurrians.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Where does Enlil fit into this? I'm getting really confused between Enki and Enlil, how they're related, and how they each fit into the whole warped history of religion.
edit on 10-6-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

They were originally gods of the Sumerians, but somewhere down the road the Babylonians adopted these gods and some of the original names, identities and stories about them changed.

It gets really confusing when you try to identify who's who from the time of the Sumerians to the time of the Babylonians.

That's my opinion, unless someone else has a better explanation.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Who are your gods, Pthena?

I don't particularly want to introduce all my gods into a hostile environment (for their own protection, since they aren't mighty warriors). Therefore I will mention the one's who are beyond being defeated:

Brahman
Brahman (ब्रह्मन् brahman) is "the unchanging reality amidst and beyond the world"[1], which "cannot be exactly defined"[2], but is Sat-cit-ānanda (being-consciousness-bliss)[3] and the highest reality.
Etymology
Sanskrit Brahman (an n-stem, nominative bráhmā) from a root bṛh " to swell, expand, grow, enlarge" is a neutral noun ... Brahman is thus a gender-neutral concept that implies greater impersonality than masculine or feminine conceptions of the deity. Brahman is referred to as the supreme self.

And I contemplate Brahman by looking to Father Heaven. I use no preposition because "in" "behind" "atop" "around" are too limiting.

Zechariah 12:3

3 And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.

Exactly! That's how the post-exile destroyer is pulling things off: an obsession with Jerusalem, also called a wine of madness.

None of that Has to happen. People possessed by the madness and obsession are making it happen.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Even though he has apparantly assimilated the attributes of other Deities to become the Supreme personification of the Divine Masculine, this is only through the writings of the Hebrew scribes, whether that accords with any greater reality is a different question.

That's it exactly! He does only exist in the writings. He has no independent reality. People read the writings and become possessed by the writing, then go forth in madness seeking to conquer the World on behalf of this Book god.

I guess I'm slightly off-topic since, as you say, that's "a different question."
edit on 10-6-2013 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Exactly! That's how the post-exile destroyer is pulling things off: an obsession with Jerusalem, also called a wine of madness.

This prophecy has already been written into the Bible and it dates back to Zechariah.

This is just one more piece of the puzzle that God put out there for people to be able to recognize him and to prove the Bible's legitimacy, but many will ignore it.

In fact, we'll keep hearing how all of these stories were stolen from other ancient gods instead and how it's all bunk to begin with instead of paying attention.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

People read the writings and become possessed by the writing, then go forth in madness seeking to conquer the World on behalf of this Book god.

Don't think that the Muslims are rising up because they are all reading the Bible. That's just not what's happening.

No, the Qu'ran has it's own ending to counter the Bible.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
yep i think jehovah was all three, anu, enlil and enki, and somehow, they all got smooshed into one in the text.
i think jesus was enki, and as a result, when asked if he was god, he could say that he was because that's the name (jehovah/yahweh) the jews knew him by. he could also say he was the son of god, because anu was his heavenly father and he was anu's son. however, not every reference to jehovah in the old testament was about enki, some of them were about enlil. i think anu was hidden in the text in 2 ways:

1. by simply referring to him as father in heaven or
2. by referring to him by his egyptian name, "amen"

i know translators claim that amen just meant "so be it" or similar, but i think that it hides the identity of father in heaven

amen is the same as amun and omon. (solomon was the same as pharaoh siamun. notice the parts of solomon's name)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Nope, Jesus is Yahweh in disguise.

Jesus is Yahweh pt. 1

Jesus is Yahweh pt. 2
edit on 10-6-2013 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

Really ?? ok please explain to me the 33 year of Jesus Life you know birth childhood to adulthood to Death
when Yaweh aka the One Hebrew Christian God was in this Life form called Human ...

Who was Controlling the Planet when he was or was he secretly telepathically
when he was a child up to his death alot on one Person when he is in Human Flesh Form ...

No I think i got it it was his 300 Angels Running the Show in Gods Human Form 33 years Right ?

the unexplained Riddle...

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by Oannes
You almost got it correct. Yahweh is actually En.ki's half brother En.lil. Enki was the "serpent" in the garden. Yahweh ordered the global flood to wipe out mankind. It was Enki who told Noah from behind a reed screen to save his family and two of every creature. En.ki and Nin.hur.sag were the ones who created the Adamu. Read Zecharia Sitchin's The Twelfth Planet. The whole story is laid bare. This is one of my all-time favorite books by any author. Its basically the Bible decoded.

Enki and Enlil do not exist, they were stone dolls people made with their hands.

LOL and the one that wrote in the Bible copied the Sumerian Tablets ( written in stone ) that show the same thing about the Deluged !! and that my Friend This Stone Tablet that talks about the FLOOD is real and Authenticated and does exist well The Bible (( TOOO MEEEE )) is a COPY thats Adapted Borrowed Adopted etc... from so Many Other Pagan Religions it isn't even Funny AMEN .... Sumerian Egyptian

The Search for Noah's Ark

Sumerian, Eridu Genesis & Flood: 2150 BC
www.noahs-ark.tv...

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
More information should be brought into this discussion. Like say from the prophets that spoke with Yah. There is much there that he said about himself that hits right on some of these issues.

Yah mocks the "storm god". He clearly calls himself the chief god of "gods". When Moses came to pharaoh, pharaoh said that he hadn't even heard of this god of the Israelites.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Oannes

What exactly is the nature of En.ki and En.lil? What are they? We call them gods, but is that just in relation to us?

There Civilization 3 to 4 Beings that are in Human Form ! ahh
came Dominate and Controlled this Planet and Helped bring More Life to it you know with Manipulation Alteration Mutation Bio Engineering Etc

in Layman's Terms ! Just think Star Wars as a Civ 3
ohh yes and the Movie Outlander!! of
Terraforming a planet pretty much it is what is is I am that I am !

Civilization Types 1 2 3 explained Here!!

Kardashev scale
en.wikipedia.org...

Michio Kaku 3 types of Civilizations

and your Question what are our relations to them! In MY Opinion

We are the Diluted very diluted product of them ...
to help regulate this planet

edit on 10-6-2013 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

When one considers the often made comparisons between the Sumerian myths and those found in Genesis, one finds there the bias toward Enki

Another piece you might consider is Abraham the well digger from Southern Mesopotamia who seems to have been associated with a shrine at Beersheba

The name Ea is allegedly Hurrian in origin while others [5][6] claim that it is possibly of Semitic origin and may be a derivation from the West-Semitic root *hyy meaning "life" in this case used for "spring", "running water." In Sumerian E-A means "the house of water", and it has been suggested that this was originally the name for the shrine to the god at Eridu.
Enki

Where Abraham Spent His Old Age
In Abraham's time wells were considered sacred places and neutral ground for combatants. Shrines were built at wells and these shrines were tended by priests who used the water to tend their flocks. This explains why many of the men of the Horite priestly lines met their future wives, the daugthers of priests, at wells. This includes Abraham, Jacob, Isaac's Rebecca, and Moses' Zipporah. Zipporah was the daughter of Jethro a priest of Midian.

Beersheba is first mentioned in Genesis 21. Here the meaning is given “well of seven” or “well of the oath.” The word sheba might refer to the seven lambs sacrificed in the covenant between Abraham and Abimelek, if we are willing to acknowledge that the word sheba is from the older Arabic word sab’a, meaning seven. However, this is a latter interpretation that pertains to covenant theology which developed during the time of Josiah and Hezekiah. It is more likely that the well was named for the person who maintained it as a shrine, and that would have been Sheba, a Horite ancestor of both Abraham and Keturah who is mentioned in Genesis 10:7.

Although I have Mark S. Smith's book The Early History of God: Yahweh and the Other Deities in Ancient Israel, I haven't spent much time reading it, about 3% on Kindle.

But I have read Gilgamesh A magnificent retelling of humankind's oldest epic adventure, by Stephen Grundy. For some reason I find it easier to read fiction than scholarly books.
edit on 10-6-2013 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I am beginning to wonder if there are actually Gods that different religions name different things, for example the Greek and Roman pantheons.

In Christianity, you have a Pantheon as well. There are actually two creator Gods (one male and one female that each have their separate creation stories in Genesis) there is Satan, there is Jesus and there is Satan's son right? There is also Lilith, who supposedly dated both Adam and Satan, and those are the only ones I can think of at the moment.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join