It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul to Sue the Government Over NSA Spying

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mindlessbrainpower89
I'd be happy if Rand Paul would change his political party to libertarian or something. Anything but Republican because he doesn't represent them very well with his IQ.

He really is too smart to be a Republican, that we can agree!

Jokes aside, his father had a more libertarian approach than a republican one maybe he is too.

It's too bad Americans are mostly stuck on the 2 party mentality, both which are corrupted to no end.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Rand Paul will impress me when he begins to call for an immediate repeal of the patriot act

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by supremecommander
Rand Paul will impress me when he begins to call for an immediate repeal of the patriot act

Amen to that, but where are all the other politicians for either party who should be calling for this? We don't need it. Did it stop the Boston Bombers? No. They were already known to the FBI. Would it have stopped 9/11? No...they already knew and were tailing those guys. Just saying that the patriot act is nothing but a tool to spy on the American citizens and turn this great country into a 1984-Police/surveillance state.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I hope there aren't any skeletons in the closet Rand...

They'll find them and expose them.

(I do support this however.)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Why don't he just come up with legislation to correct the wrong and get those millions of Americans to support him? Seems it would be a lot faster than running something all the way to the Supreme Court, who might not even take up the case.

2016 political posturing?

Peace

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Well, he has talked about 2016....
On the other hand, reversing the Patriot Act, which has been signed over
and over and added to with further encroachments might be a problem....

...and another aside, I think what he is saying is there is no legal precedent
for the level on which we are spied upon.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Why don't he just come up with legislation to correct the wrong and get those millions of Americans to support him? Seems it would be a lot faster than running something all the way to the Supreme Court, who might not even take up the case.

2016 political posturing?

Peace

Because the legislation would never pass the democratic Senate. Much better chance at changing the system by bringing it to the supreme court like he is. He's smart.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by amazing

Originally posted by supremecommander

Amen to that, but where are all the other politicians for either party who should be calling for this? We don't need it. Did it stop the Boston Bombers? No. They were already known to the FBI. Would it have stopped 9/11? No...they already knew and were tailing those guys. Just saying that the patriot act is nothing but a tool to spy on the American citizens and turn this great country into a 1984-Police/surveillance state.

No, provisions of the Patriot Act are a tool to spy on the American citizens. You all are going to make me pull up the entire Patriot Act just so I can make you read it. I can see it now (hand on head).

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by theMediator

Originally posted by mindlessbrainpower89
I'd be happy if Rand Paul would change his political party to libertarian or something. Anything but Republican because he doesn't represent them very well with his IQ.

He really is too smart to be a Republican, that we can agree!

Jokes aside, his father had a more libertarian approach than a republican one maybe he is too.

It's too bad Americans are mostly stuck on the 2 party mentality, both which are corrupted to no end.

I will definitely get you back for that one! On another note, I think marriage counselors ruin marriages more than they help them
. By the way, you want to speak about corrupted? I think all politicians are corrupted in some form or fashion. If they are human they are corrupted, it is just a matter of figuring out who is less corrupt.

I also wanted to note that most Libertarians foreign policy suck. Just saying.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Sign up for the class action suit here on his website at no charge (should pop up) randpaul2016.com.... help him reach ten million signatures!

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mindlessbrainpower89

It is a tool to spy on the American people. Have you read it? From National Security Letters and Sneak and peak searches etc. But really the patriot act is just the tip of the iceberg. We keep adding to these provisions with more laws and bigger secret agencies and giving more power to these secret agencies. This isn't freedom, by any means, when the government and spy on all of your phone records, internet usage and emails and keep this information forever. Doesn't this bother you?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Paul is just grandstanding, like his crazy old irrelevant dad used to do.

The surveillance initiatives have been confirmed legal, so good luck trying to sue the government over them.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by WP4YT
Sign up for the class action suit here on his website at no charge (should pop up) randpaul2016.com.... help him reach ten million signatures!

Awesome, I will take to twitter on this one!
Thank you!!!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

The longer he's in the more I am glad I voted for him... I was doubtful at first by some of his actions...

Go Rand go!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Yes, and to think how he is just getting warmed up!
Ron Paul shoots an arrow, Rand Paul!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
double post
edit on 11-6-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Rand Paul is pulling Washington politics in in an interesting direction.

With all the BS going on in the government it's good to see someone adhering to simple reason and common sense taking a stand for the people.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
As much as I hate to say it, I don't trust Ron or Rand Paul. I know a lot of people here probably love those guys and I understand the desire to believe in them but I guess I'm just a pathological pessimist. I have never quite trusted Ron Paul. I always got a bit of a strange vibe from him.

I think (honestly) if either of these guys were for real, TPTB would have found a way to boot them out long ago.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Has been going on for man many years in secret, but is just now coming out via the whistle blower.

So the alphabet agencies state they will back off, but will continue to collect data anyway and we tax payers
pay for the lawsuit.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Is there a reason why on ATS the opinion of most Americans is that Rand Paul is a publicity seeking waste of space looking for another way to get on tv...................... until he climbs onboard the bandwagon of something that you agree with - or at least think you agree with?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join