Rand Paul to Sue the Government Over NSA Spying

page: 1
34
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
+8 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Kentucky Senator Rand Paul on Sunday was on the air to declare his legal opposition to the
NSA's surveillance programs, calling the spying an astounding assault on The Constitution.


www.youtube.com...

Paul sees this just the opposite of Obama, who describes the latest spy scandal
a modest encroachments on privacy. I think Rand Paul is right!


"I'm going to be seeing if I can challenge this at the Supreme Court level," Paul said.

"I'm going to be asking all the internet providers and all of the phone companies: ask your customers to join me in a class action lawsuit," Paul told host Chris Wallace. "If we get ten million Americans saying we don't want our phone records looked at, then maybe someone will wake up and something will change in Washington."
www.activistpost.com...


Dont miss at 3:15 into the video, the Old Guard is really ruffled by Rand Paul.

Everything Paul states is the truth, he makes so much sense, very intelligent.

This is something I can support fully. Go Rand Paul, Go!
edit on 10-6-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)




posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
YOU GO RAND!

Thank goodness they all haven't lost their marbles.



posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy
 


I really think he stands a good chance to get the voice of millions of
Americans, right now there is a lot of coverage on the spying.

The Justice Department did not want it made known,

Justice Department Fights Release of
Secret Court Opinion Finding Unconstitutional Surveillance
the extent of the spying
to be unconstitutional, but its out now.

That is solid additional evidence to add to the suit, along with the Patriot Act Author Says Snooping Violates The Law on record as this was not was originally intended!
edit on 10-6-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships
 

Where did you see it?
I just googled, found nothing.



posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
People need to wake up to what is going on. If this gets put aside as a "whatever" moment it is all over America. The slippery slope will have been formed.



posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by IntelRetard
 


Heh, who are you kidding? This is going to blow over, nothing will change and the American public's small ADD attention will move onto the next hot button topic. When's the next Hollywood award show? Meanwhile, the government and its alphabet soup agencies will continue on as if nothing happened.



posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t
 


Sure will, once we goto war with Syria due to some horrible bombing or murder takes place in their name?

Watch something bad is going to happen to try and distract the people, if not bad watch maybe change of pace and something good will distract, but not holding my breath.



posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reckon its time for a Facebook campaign now we know they are deffinatly listening i motion we should start and end our phone conversations with the Word ´´# Obama´´ or ´´# cammeron´´ if your british in honour of prism
so hello would be replaced with ´´# Obama´´ ..... and goodbye with ´`# Obama`` it`s simple and it would really piss the nsa off constantly listening to regular folk slag off the president i cant really think of a better non violent way to express our outrage over this #e



posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy
 


I added them into the post, two links to the threads on ATS.
Thanks, good idea to get that all there together!



posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships
 

I thought that you meant that the 2011 FISA court rulings themselves had been released.

I am still astonished that the 'secret court' tasked with making sure that this is done 'legally' issued a ruling that they found it unconstitutional..... and nothing was done about it.



posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

I am still astonished that the 'secret court' tasked with making sure that this is done 'legally' issued a ruling that they found it unconstitutional..... and nothing was done about it.


Yes, it appears the Eric the Holder's justice department is still trying to keep it under wraps,
but Ron Wyden (Oregon) is pushing hard on it.

Wow, Eric Holder is really busy these days...so many fires.



posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
Kentucky Senator Rand Paul on Sunday was on the air to declare his legal opposition to the
NSA's surveillance programs, calling the spying an astounding assault on The Constitution.


www.youtube.com...

Paul sees this just the opposite of Obama, who describes the latest spy scandal
a modest encroachments on privacy. I think Rand Paul is right!


"I'm going to be seeing if I can challenge this at the Supreme Court level," Paul said.

"I'm going to be asking all the internet providers and all of the phone companies: ask your customers to join me in a class action lawsuit," Paul told host Chris Wallace. "If we get ten million Americans saying we don't want our phone records looked at, then maybe someone will wake up and something will change in Washington."
www.activistpost.com...


Dont miss at 3:15 into the video, the Old Guard is really ruffled by Rand Paul.

Everything Paul states is the truth, he makes so much sense, very intelligent.

This is something I can support fully. Go Rand Paul, Go!
edit on 10-6-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)


I'll believe it when it happens. I hope it does!



posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I support him on this.



posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Sure...you mean the spying that he apparently knew about before it was disclosed.



posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by fenson76
 


Sincerely doubt any politician knew to what extent this was taking place.
The Patriot Act is only a decade or so old.



posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by fenson76
Sure...you mean the spying that he apparently knew about before it was disclosed.

President Obama said that all members of Congress were aware of what was going on.... so we can take it from that, well... no they all didn't.

After hearing him say it, numerous members were quick to make the point that they were not briefed on the program, apparently it was only a select few.... but who do we believe?



posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
he will still never be president



posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AkhenatenII
 


It is too early to tell with Rand Paul...you just never know.
He is young, and America is old....and sinking fast under the weight of tryanny.



posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships
 


Here we go... More mass blinding going on. Look people, how about you do this... Go read the patriotic Act. Make sure you read every provision of it. It really isn't as bad as it is made out to be. Yes, there are some horrible provisions in this act but, it's these specific provisions that need to be changed. Not the NSA being sued just for tapping telephone calls. Maybe suing them for watching you have sex is a better case. Seriously, what do you have to be afraid of when it comes to the NSA tapping into your phone calls?

Now if they cross the line and tap into your conversations for other purposes like, finding out your bank account information, or to find out how many guns you have, etc, then go sue them. Though please stop believing EVERYTHING Rand Paul says. Don't get me wrong. He makes great points from time to time but, he goes off his hinges every once in a while. I'd be happy if Rand Paul would change his political party to libertarian or something. Anything but Republican because he doesn't represent them very well with his IQ.



posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I bet all the government officials are spied on way more than the average american, there probably watched 24/7. No wonder he is mad...





top topics
 
34
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join