It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Privacy invasion - "I dont have nothing to hide" arguements

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I am soo pissed right now ..... of hearing this comment and i am so angry at people openly accepting this...

here is some of my friends comments

For me, I dont care, if Indian Govt snoops my calls , emails or text to be honest. I am good, have no hidden agendas, nothing to fear. If Indian govt does it for security, then fine for me

-----------

Any action with the intention of saving innocent lives is a good action!! Even if a single incident is averted or even a single terrorist arrested I would consider it a good move!! The only people worried about intrusion of privacy are the ones who have things to hide inside their closed closets...

----------

About time. I chose safety over some superficial delusion called privacy.

------------

Govt. going to check my mails . Well , I don't mind .

How do you convince people who are so readily willing accept this BS.. AM so annoyed right now i cant even think straight

edit on 10-6-2013 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

It's not about the being ok with the gov't "snooping" or having nothing to hide. It's about infringing on our CONSTITUTIONAL right to privacy. If they want to know something about me then ask damn it!!! Then I will tell them to go eff themselves. Didnt their parents teach them not to take without asking? I'm with you ... THIS PISSES ME OFF!

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

you dont convince them because they are not honest people. They are the "i dont care" "whatever" type and when you tell them something they get mad, am i right? and big time hypocrites, they always say and say but not do or do the complete opposite and their excuse is always "who cares" or " it doesnt really matter"

The reason i say hypocrites is because they say "i have nothing to hide"
you know that is a COMPLETE BULL!, like saying" i havent done anything wrong" everyone has something to hide even if its small feelings towards others. but they always act like they want to do the right thing but never do.
Just avoiding how others really feel but at the same time saying that "they know" or "try" to understand how others feel. making so many promises to people that they cant fufill

You dont convince them they gotta convince themselves
edit on 10-6-2013 by Tlexlapoca because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
These are the same "Sheeple" that would happily go to the gas chamber thinking they are getting a fresh shower...
Anyone that thinks this is good for stopping terrorist is flat out wrong...its about controlling the American people...
The big problem is now how to stop it... is everyone going to stop using their cell phones or stay off of facebook...if we as a very large group of people make the company's that gave us up pay... then it would not happen again...but good luck even getting a cell phone out of the hands of the sheeple let alone seeing people stop using or closing their facebook accounts...Bah...Im pissed and outraged just as much as you are...

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Wow. So many of you here are so "perfect". I hope someday I can be as "perfect" as all of you think you are.

It's called a different opinion from a different perspective.

Grow up.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
If someone is ignorant of history, they have no reason to fear what is happening today. The reason is that everything being done today looks perfectly logical and reasonable when listening to Government explanation of what and why.

If one has a working knowledge of history, including such recent times as the 1960's, then the threat and abuse becomes obvious. The danger is clear.

The problem, and I've seen it right here on ATS when the topic has come up, people honestly look at history as so much trivia we don't need to learn or be taught in school. It's old guy stuff and not relevant. Oh...these are the days where historical perspective means EVERYTHING and matters above many other things for understanding the level of threat we're seeing here, IMO.

The other problem is....the schools have agreed with history being secondary to more 'pressing' social education for long enough now that we have young adults that aren't stupid, but honestly ignorant of WHY they should care and be outraged. Sadly, that ignorance isn't something you're likely to correct. By now, and those ages? The logic becomes 'If it mattered...I would have been taught that. Shaddup about history!'.
..and so our fall as a nation continues.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Jefferton

Because these are opinions made out of ignorance...

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
That "lie down and take it" attitude irritates me too. It's like people have been psychologically stripped of their dignity.
Ever wonder how far this boiling frog phenomenon can go?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

'
It has nothing to do with being perfect...its about giving up our privacy...in the name of terrorism...Im glad you feel safer with the Big Brother...hope you have no secrets because someone is looking at them...
Oh and if you happen to have a relative overseas that you talk to ...you are on the list.
Just the fact that you are on this forum...you are on the list...
and oh by the way depending on your political affiliation...you might be on the list...

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by maddy21

Because these are opinions made out of ignorance...

Anyone that thinks the Gov. is doing all this for the protection of the American people is truely fooling themself's
But thats ok because the government has proven itself to be absolutely straight up and truthful with the American people. NOT

Its one thing when Amazon wants to mine my data...but I take offense when its the government...they know and have enough about me as is ...now I know they have even more...

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Popular opinions indicate societal trends. We're lamenting that trend, not opposing people's right to make their own opinions.
And no, we don't think we're perfect. I'm not sure what you're getting at with that...

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
What governments around the world are saying is that they don't trust their own respective populations. Anything and everything that can be a possible threat to their power and wealth is being monitored. It's a null and mute point for someone to say "I have nothing to hide" or "Their violating my rights" under these circumstances. Basically everyone's a potential terrorist until proven otherwise.
edit on 10-6-2013 by RedShirt73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jefferton
Wow. So many of you here are so "perfect". I hope someday I can be as "perfect" as all of you think you are.

It's called a different opinion from a different perspective.

Grow up.

You found it offensive to what we were discussing there for you reacted with such a puerile response, I would have respected your "opinion" but seeing how its an invaluable argument, and has nothing to do with this topic, it shows your lack of maturity to get involved on this conversation in the first place. Here's what you said and i quote

then you go on by saying Grow up

I can see you made my point quite purely when i mentioned hypocrites. First by giving us a teenage attitude "wow so many of you are perfect!" and second telling us to act like adults when you just completely contradicted your self

are "opinions" are not your typical High School assumptions that your so used to. Are opinions are a conflict over something IMPORTANT, something that MATTERS to adults.
You could have made a better effort but you didnt

If you really want to be taken seriously then PLEASE delete that trash you just said and post something more appropriate so that we may have a "Grown up" discussion.

edit on 10-6-2013 by Tlexlapoca because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

I am soo pissed right now ..... of hearing this comment and i am so angry at people openly accepting this...

Me too...because it is a double negative, and incorrect.

Having something to hide isn't the issue....the total disregard for one's privacy is the issue, and the trampling of the Constitution this shows. Of course, it's been going on (fairly openly) for decades now. All one had to do was look. Heck, I did a college report on the Carnivore and Echelon programs years ago in my Ethics course.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
There is nothing wrong with the people who accept this BS without question or think its a good thing.
They are the perfect citizens, acting, thinking, and speaking exactly how they were programmed to.

I may have a very harsh point of view on the topic, but these are the people the world does NOT need right now.
Do your best to try and open their eyes and if they refuse then f**k'em.

They will be the downfall of humanity as we know it and I would just as soon be rid of them now than deal with them when I'm fighting for my freedom/life.

Like so many, but sadly not enough, I have HAD IT with the powers that be.

I'm tired of loosing my privacies in the name of false freedom.

Tired of being soaked for EVERY RED CENT to line their pockets and fund their further surveillance of me and god knows what else.

Tired of being looked at as a criminal.

Tired of being controlled.

Tired of being treated like a retard so I can be dumbed down and accept my programming.

Tired of being poisoned with the food I need to survive.

Tired of being forced to accept my poison injections.

Tired of..... we all know the list can go on for a long time. No need to list it all.

The language filters and the risk of being banned from a site I love keep me from truly describing how I feel, but I think you get the gist.
I'm not really pissed. I'm FURIOUS!

I can't help but wonder how much more we can take before we start to ban together and get down to blows like Egypt and Turkey. I know I'm ready.
Oh yeah, that's also why I think the news doesn't say much about Egypt and Turkey. Wouldn't want us North Americans getting any bright ideas eh.

/sigh

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

I feel ya' on this one. It's astonishing.

I just posted elsewhere the same thing:

We have more laws on the books now than we ever did. So many, we need multiple law enforcement agencies to cover down on all of them with new ones popping up all the time. There is no way your average American can go through their lives without breaking some of them even if they have the best intentions of being an honest/good citizen.

Think about what Americans could do 100 years ago, 50 years ago, heck 15 years ago without a Federal anal probe? This trajectory we are on is in neon lights for even the most obtuse to notice. How can anyone believe they are perfect and forever will be in the eyes of the state?

These are the folks you see in all the movies who try to reason with a homicidal maniac in the heat of rage. The ones who want to sit down and hug it out with the alien monsters bent on destroying the planet. Probably the same ones who are so shattered when reality dawns on them they can't save themselves.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by maddy21

here is some of my friends comments

How do you convince people who are so readily willing accept this BS.. AM so annoyed right now i cant even think straight

Point out to them that they are not the ones who are going to decide if they have anything to hide not, that will be decided by somebody in a suit or uniform sitting across the desk from them.

Ask them why they think the governments definition of 'done nothing wrong' or 'having nothing to hide' is always going to match theirs?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowLink

Do your best to try and open their eyes and if they refuse then f**k'em. They will be the downfall of humanity as we know it and I would just as soon be rid of them now than deal with them when I'm fighting for my freedom/life.

Dont worry about them getting in your way because they are the last to do anything at all. on the contrary if you were to win freedom then they will just start following you since your the new leader. monkey see, ,monkey do

sort of like if you believe that the Nazis killed all the jews and everyone in Germany was agreed on it "kill all the jews" " get rid of the immigrants!" but soon after they lost their power, and the rest of the world said they did a bad thing, they started saying the contrary "save the jews!" "we love immigrants!". All that just to fit in to the new world, thats how these people are, they fit in so easily How nice of them

top topics

join