It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knowledge

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

"A fortune is knowledge for those who seek with their hearts and not with their minds."

This is the only one I know.

That's a proverb, not a definition. Just more fluff. How do you determine this knowledge? Where does it come from? How do you obtain it? How do you test it? How is the heart any better than the mind? If you don't seek with your mind, then how do you know it's real and not just your heart telling you than you want it to be? Sometimes, the heart is a liar. We've all been there, I think.

So, can you answer these questions?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Do you believe anyone ever could unless you knew them closely throughout their lives? Wisdom is in the deeds we do.

All I know is that Piequals has brought forth their wisdom, thereby inviting the denizens of ATS to question his/her stance in the matter. That is what I am doing now in order to better understand the idea they are presenting.

Instead of asking if I can, I just try. And I don't believe wisdom is restricted to deeds. Wisdom has as many expressions as does any thought or emotions.
edit on 10-6-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

wis·dom
/ˈwizdəm/
Noun
The quality of having experience, knowledge, and good judgment; the quality of being wise.
The soundness of an action or decision with regard to the application of such experience, knowledge, and good judgment.

Websters Dictionary

No-one attains wisdom without making mistakes. There is no free pass. It takes a lifetime to provide good guidance, but the fact remains that few listen to those who provide it, especially teenagers.

edit on 10/6/13 by masqua because: BB code

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Is there such a thing as an instinctive grasp of what some would call "wisdom", much like an affinity for math or music?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
I don't believe wisdom is restricted to deeds. Wisdom has as many expressions as does any thought or emotions.

You are free to 'believe' anything you want, if that is your desire, and there is no way I would ever challenge you on that. However, the topic is 'wisdom' and the OP says it comes from the heart. My own question to that is; how did it get there in the first place if not through experiencing life?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

You are free to 'believe' anything you want, if that is your desire, and there is no way I would ever challenge you on that. However, the topic is 'wisdom' and the OP says it comes from the heart. My own question to that is; how did it get there in the first place if not through experiencing life?

Which would inherently involve the mind, contrary to that quote about heart over mind.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Regarding math and music:

Primitive man counted days/seasons and the rhythm of the heartbeat. This is among the earliest bit of wisdom we've learned. Carving notches on a stick to count the seasons is the beginning of calculation and our heartbeat is the source of all music.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I would agree with that to a point. The mind calculates, but there is this strange human tendency towards empathy as well. Empathy is 'felt', like a pain within the body. The mind weighs options and is a little cold. as it would be in a sociopath.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

. It takes a lifetime to provide good guidance, but the fact remains that few listen to those who provide it, especially teenagers.
Oh you are right,indeed it takes a lifetime,but you see sometimes there is no time left for teenagers to aquire wisdom,because sometimes this is life.

This is why some of them are in a hurry to live their life at full.

Because in a way they feel that they must do so, without knowing whats to come.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Now there's a real truth!

Teenagers are those who prefer to bust open the boundaries of the concerted wisdom of their elders. This is a good thing.

If teenagers didn't go against the 'rules' as laid down through history, no new wisdom could ever be found and the human race would become fossilized in the brainpan. Every new generation questions the veracity of the preceding one and it's a damn good thing they do.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Where does it come from? How do you obtain it? How do you test it? How is the heart any better than the mind? If you don't seek with your mind, then how do you know it's real and not just your heart telling you than you want it to be? Sometimes, the heart is a liar. We've all been there, I think.
Not the heart is a liar,but the veil of darkness that can cover your heart,because sometimes we can be too blinded by something, the smallest thing which does not heed,with all that in a split second we can see without knowing it's there.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

If teenagers didn't go against the 'rules' as laid down through history, no new wisdom could ever be found and the human race would become fossilized in the brainpan. Every new generation questions the veracity of the preceding one and it's a damn good thing they do.
Indeed questioning it is a good thing,only the times we are living in are very complicated,maybe too complicated,this why I am afraid if the questions will come all at once.

Because then will be no one left to ask the questions.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
If the instinct of teenagers tends to dismiss the good counsel of their elders (wisdom) and it is proven to be a good thing they do (imho), then where does that instinct originate out of? Instinctual responses are not thought over... they are immediate reactions.

Where do our instincts come from then?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Where do our instincts come from then?
Instincts are the first call of DNA,because we are born with it.

without instincts we cannot live or evolve either we are created or evoluted from something.

But in the same time we have reason,that we use instictually.

This why those before us were living more healthy and naturally,because they use their instincts with care.

edit on 10-6-2013 by piequal3because14 because: they

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Not the heart is a liar,but the veil of darkness that can cover your heart,because sometimes we can be too blinded by something, the smallest thing which does not heed,with all that in a split second we can see without knowing it's there.

That was an unfulfilling answer. Perhaps while you're trying to rephrase your response, you can answer the rest of the questions as well. That would help.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Awww... love the message OP.

Love, light, knowledge, heart, and all that with a box of chocolates will do me just fine, thank you.

What is true knowledge though? What is wisdom? Is it in the eye of the beholder or the heart as your OP implies?

My heart, mind and soul can tell me I have wisdom and when I speak it to others they say I don't. Who is the truth speaker? Does it matter?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

What is true knowledge though?
Is the existential plan of the Truth.

What is wisdom?
Is the road to that existential plan.

Is it in the eye of the beholder or the heart as your OP implies?
In the heart of the beholder that can see with the true eyes of the truth.

Who is the truth speaker? Does it matter?
The one who feels with the heart...the truth.

For the truth it matters.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

For the truth it matters.

Ok... I agree... truth matters.

I would go as far to say ... It all matters.

What is the truth that matters? Is it the truth or your truth or someone else's truth?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

What is the truth that matters? Is it the truth or your truth or someone else's truth?
The truth of life ,that can give life,and can open again closed roads....of life.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

That was pretty.

I will take that answer and be happy with it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join