It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Vampire' mum-of-two: 'I drink almost two litres of blood a month from human donors'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
45-year-old Julia Caples has been sucking blood for over 30 years while bringing up her two children, Alexi, 11 and Ariel, 24

Care-­worker Julia 'hunts' for willing 'donors' -­fellow vampire fans willing to let Julia drink from them -­at her local occult and oddities store. During drinking sessions at her Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania home, Julia carefully cuts them with a pagan-­like sterilised knife she designed herself. She believes that guzzling down the the lifeblood from others keeps her feeling young and vigorous -­just like ageless vampires from cult movies. "When I feed off of a person and drink their blood I feel stronger and healthier," she said. "I know scientifically there's not a lot nutrition in blood, but maybe there's some value we haven't discovered yet. "I feel more beautiful than any other time when I'm regularly drinking."I'm also extremely healthy with no major health problems, and I have an abundance of energy all the time.

Here she is with her son and ex husband Donald. He also used to partake in the drinking blood but decided to give up when they had a child. he says he gave up so she would'nt have to.

here she is with one of her 'blood donors'

She says her fascination with blood began at a young age, she tried to bite her first boyfriend lol.

Not surprisingly her daughter Ariel doesnt agree with it.

Well I suppose she isnt really doing anyone any harm?

Link

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Mental health assessment needed at once.

This is blood that could be being donated to those in need.

I had a very serious blood disorder, likened to Leaukemia when I was a child.

If I had died, and then found out the reason I couldnt get a transfusion was because someone who looks like a cross between Herman Munster and Meatloaf drank it, I would be doing some serious haunting!
edit on 10-6-2013 by Briles1207 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Just imagine how messed up her kids are going to be. This is how serial killers are created.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
It does take all kinds to make the world go around. If she's not doing anything people aren't willingly helping with, then I don't see the harm. Many people do very odd things as others would define it. This isn't the oddest I've seen by far.

In her life, maybe it does have the effect she says, by placebo or otherwise. Who is to say for sure? I wouldn't recommend the practice to anyone but at the same time, without having done it, who can say she's wrong or crazy?

It would, of course, be a different matter if she was predatory about it like stories find in some people, from time to time. No harm, no foul here though.

- On how this should be donated instead? Well...It doesn't appear the people who are giving it to her would be donating it, otherwise I'm willing to bet that is what they'd be doing. So, nothing lost there either in all reality. To each their own unless it harms others.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It does take all kinds to make the world go around. If she's not doing anything people aren't willingly helping with, then I don't see the harm. Many people do very odd things as others would define it. This isn't the oddest I've seen by far. In her life, maybe it does have the effect she says, by placebo or otherwise. Who is to say for sure? I wouldn't recommend the practice to anyone but at the same time, without having done it, who can say she's wrong or crazy?

Like those people that offer to be eaten by cannibals arent crazy either i suppose lol??? Armin Meiwes for example.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Ive never personally done it, but it is wrong...and crazy.

I feel sorry for the kid

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
She is not very sparkly...

More like white cheese curd...ewwww

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Well i tend to live and let live-as long as people like this woman don't force other people into their weird practises,and it's only done with other Consenting adults-who is it hurting.

From the link i saw that apparently she is a good and loving mother.More damage are done to children all over the world every day by people looking and acting prim+proper as you please.Beware the ones you never see coming.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
It makes me wonder if she has some form of medical condition? there is a condition called porphyria
which has been associated with some people who "Drink Blood" though i think its more of a skin condition rather than "Making" someone feel the need to consume blood,

Though there is a psychological disorder called Reinfeld Syndrome, I'm nit sure there's enough research in to it all to come up with any real answers as of yet,

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Good luck with immortality when you contract a blood-borne disease.

It is hard to say this is a victimless situation when she has children. When you become a mom, it isn't all about you anymore. This article just kind of made me sad. For everyone involved.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

I would feel more sorry for the children molested,raped,abused in many ways and tortured by people whom no one would ever believe it of.The upstanding citizens with nary a hair out of place,you know.I will bet my life that as we speak,a child is being tormented enough to leave lasting psychological damage,by a man or woman who looks like they're off the set of the movie "The Stepford Wives"

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

You should inform the police-think of the time they'd save looking for missing people/solving murders if they could just concentrate on the offspring of people like this woman as the obvious perps.

edit on 10-6-2013 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Hmm, to those who say "live and let live" let me ask you this......

If she turned up for an interview to be your childs babysitter, would you hire her? Knowing she liked to drink blood?

My guess it probably not.......

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane
Well i tend to live and let live-as long as people like this woman don't force other people into their weird practises,and it's only done with other Consenting adults-who is it hurting.

From the link i saw that apparently she is a good and loving mother.More damage are done to children all over the world every day by people looking and acting prim+proper as you please.Beware the ones you never see coming.

I'm glad I'm not entirely alone. She's with people who are 100% willing and able to help her odd desire and it harms neither them nor her. No one is hurt, killed or otherwise harmed in any way. The kid even seems very much apart by thinking Mom is a little off center by her interests. Sounds like a natural, healthy family to me.

I'm a little disturbed by how fast some are to figure anyone has the right to pass judgement and dictate the behavior of consenting adults, in privacy, where absolutely no harm comes to anyone, in any form? That side of it is far scarier to me than a woman whose physiology not only allows ingestion of blood without the rather violent reaction most people have to it (don't even ask how I know that...I do and that's enough.
) but seems to benefit from it.

Perhaps her benefit is all in her mind ....and perhaps it's not.
As you say, live and let live, lest we be judged as harshly. Who among us doesn't have something for habits or mannerisms someone else, somewhere in this diverse world wouldn't find extremely odd or offensive? Tolerance is the oil that keeps life running smoothly.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
In the picture, she looks like she is wasting more than she is drinking
I hate when people waste food.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

But when the pair had son Alexi, they decided something had to give and Donald vowed never to drink again.

"I gave up, so Julia didn't have to," he said. "We agreed that one of us would need to stop and focus on parenting full time."

So the father of the children gave up drinking blood so the wife wouldn't have to? (???) Because, in his words, they can't be a focused on being a parent AND drink blood at the same time.

But then he says this:

"Julia still likes to drink, but she's also an amazing mother, and her children come first. She'd never let it stop her mothering her kids."

So if drinking blood and parenting weren't incompatible, why did he have to stop? If she still puts her kids first - then why did he have to quit so that one of them (the implication being, not her) could "focus on being a parent."

There are contradictions and justifications going on here. I don't care if people want to drink blood. Drink away. I see no moral issues here. BUT they don't live in a bubble. They have kids.

Daughter Ariel also worries about Julia's bloody habit. "I don't agree with it," she said.

Yes, our kids are inevitably embarrassed by us as parents, but this is taking things to a different level.

Questionable environment for kids issues aside.... my main concern for this woman is health issues. The folks that are interested in being sucked by a vampire - does she screen them all thoroughly to make sure don't have HIV or hepatitis? This seems just as risky (physically) as promiscuity without using protection.

I won't even go into the mental aspects of this, because I really don't know if or how this effects her psychologically. People have all kinds of weird kinks and beliefs, I guess this doesn't seem that much more shocking than any other fetish -- but this one does seem to be an all-encompassing lifestyle. Like she is 24/7 a vampire, not just some compartmentalized fetish.
edit on 10-6-2013 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-6-2013 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Strange, but, people have all sorts of odd behaviors.
Bringing up the fact that shes a parent, to me, is irrelevant.
Shes not forcing her kids to like or accept her behavior, in fact, her daughter thinks it's weird. That alone tells me shes raised her kids well enough to distinguish the difference.

Of course the moral elite will still try and crucify her over this.
Live and let live is not a concept they seem to grasp.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by xEphon
Strange, but, people have all sorts of odd behaviors.
Bringing up the fact that shes a parent, to me, is irrelevant.
Shes not forcing her kids to like or accept her behavior, in fact, her daughter thinks it's weird. That alone tells me shes raised her kids well enough to distinguish the difference.

Of course the moral elite will still try and crucify her over this.
Live and let live is not a concept they seem to grasp.

The headline of the article, the article itself, and the thread title all highlighted the fact that she is a parent. No one here emphasized that any more than how the information was presented. So... just saying that to be fair.

I am certainly not a moral elite, and I hope I don't come across that way. As I said in my post, this doesn't seem all that shocking to me given that wide range of behaviors and fetishes out there, and I find our diversity as humans very interesting. My main concern for her is the health issues. She is exposing herself to a host of pathogens, unless she is doing a thorough screening of all of her volunteers (an no mention of such safety measures was made in the article.) I wouldn't get up and applaud someone having unprotected sex with a dozen partners a month - even if it were their lifestyle or "fetish" - because I think it is dangerous behavior. I woulnd't applaud it in the name of "live and let live"... I'd just shrug and say "meh." But, no applause.

I'd probably like her a lot if i met her in person, because at the very least she is an interesting person - but the article is presenting her as a mother, and so I can't help but think of her in that context above all else. Mom's have a responsibility to not intentionally put themselves in harm's way because they have an obligation (and honor) to care for their children. Once the kids are adults, I guess it is up to her if she wants to put her life at risk.... but for now she has children to love and care for.

We could argue for a long time about what that all means - is is immoral for a mom to, say, not wear a seat belt? Is it immoral for her to play Russian roulette for kicks? Is it immoral for her to not wash her vegetables before eating them? Obviously a line is drawn somewhere -- but where? I don't know. This mom has gone past a line I am comfortable with as acceptable risk.... but I'm not the moral authority of her life. In these grey areas, we all have different opinions. So... yeah, I am being unfair to judge this risk as unacceptable FOR her. She could just as well be "right" and I am "wrong". This is a message board where I am just stating my opinions, FWIW.

You know, no matter how I word this I will come across as a bit judgmental. That certainly isn't the kind of person I aspire to be. But, I'm miles (and miles, and miles) away from perfect.
I just can't applaud someone putting themselves in harm's way when they have a child to care for... I just can't! So... yeah, I guess I'm judgmental. Feel free to judge me harshly for that. (And I'm not typing that sarcastically... I mean it sincerely. For judging her, of course I deserve to be judged as well!)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

I'm kinda wondering where health issues come into this? She says it's a regular bunch of friends she does this with. The same people. Swingers at a club expose themselves to far more than she does, by descriptions given in this article?

I understand that consumption of human blood has an unbelievable icky factor for most people. It should, too. It also gets most people very sick, almost instantly upon any quantity hitting the stomach as I've personally watched that happen more than once. It's an interesting thing to see when it doesn't happen and someone looks like they just drank a couple 5 hour energy drinks, instead.

Who knows what little quirks and mysteries make one human different from another. One life in need of something more than another. In her case, she needs blood by mental hang up, religious belief or other.

...and yes, I did say religious belief. To some, that is precisely what this is about. Very deep, very serious and very much a core to the lives of some people. If it's doing no harm...and the article here states nothing to indicate she is harming anyone, including herself, where are we to assume otherwise and condemn by that assumption?

* I have no idea if hers is a religious issue but to say if it were/is, it's probably the last thing she'd say or offer as reasoning to a general public interview and for a wide variety of reasons I'm not getting into. The thing to my thinking is, she should never have to justify her personal beliefs or practices ..as it seems some would have her do. Or...even condemn without the opportunity for that much.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
She does it for the attention; from other people, the media, and her suppliers.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I agree with everything you have said
well put.

Now where would someone have witnessed someone drinking blood on more than one occasion? please share

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join