It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying Green Orb at the Lost City

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I captured an interesting glowing green phenomenon at the Lost City (a natural Landscape of rocky towers) in Newnes State Forest, just North of Lithgow, Australia, that I would like some opinions on. The image was taken with an iPhone 5 using the Panorama feature, and Paranormal Studies seemed like the perfect forum for the discussion.

Here is the image:

(Above image re-sized for ATS. Here is a link to the full 7mb image straight from the iPhone: P2CLD.com...).

This is a cropped section of the image with the glowing green orb.

I was standing at the coordinates listed below looking approximately North-West.
It was about 3:45pm, you can see where the sun is beginning to set on the left of the image.
The panorama covers approximately a 135 degree arc going from West (at the left of the image) to North-East (on the right of the image).

The event took around half a second, but within that I got a good sighting both on the iPhone screen and looking directly at it over the top of the iPhone screen.

I started to take the panorama looking at my girlfriend on the left and panning to the right while looking at the screen. I saw a flash from the corner of my eye (outside of the camera range) coming from the left. The orb appeared on the screen and seemed to streak to the right on the screen, which the Panorama algorithm quickly compensated for using the landscape to patch over the streak.I looked up from the screen (while continuing to pan the camera) and saw the green orb streaking up the valley to the right in a slightly upward direction. I looked back down at the screen and didn't see anything green, glanced back up again but the orb was gone.

That all happened in about half a second.

I finished the panorama and quickly looked at the image wondering if I had caught anything... the image above was the result.

Coordinates

It appeared to be off quite a distance, maybe 100 meters (the valley was approximately 200m across) moving up the middle of the valley, but on contemplation there was no real point of reference for the orb, so it could have been anywhere between the camera lens and the opposite side of the valley.

I'm not sure what to make of the experience, it happened very fast and there was no other sensory clue to it's existence. We did get an eerie feeling 20 minutes before when we arrived at the area, but we put this down to a bunch of blood covered tissues (blood looked fresh) all around the clearing that we parked in.

Was it aliens?... earth spirit/energy?... ball lightning?... I am unsure and my girlfriend is creeped out by the image.

I would appreciate anyone's comments or opinions on what it may have been?

Thanks for reading!
Cheers
edit on 10-6-2013 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
sorry but that really looks like lens flare as the sun was right in front of you

edit on 10/6/13 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

I would usually agree, but I observed it directly, looking over the top of the camera.

There are also many other photos and panoramas with my iPhone and a Nikon D600 with many lens flares, all look very different.

Thanks for the comment though, would have been my first response too.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
ball lightning last for a few seconds . how long were able to observe the light
you stated the event took half a second it might of been ball lightning

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

It was about half a second in total, maybe a little more.

That's going off how long it took me to take the panorama, which was about two seconds.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
it does resemble ball lightning

high electricity can give people an uneasy feeling I do believe i read that somewhere

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Its lens flare....how you observed it looking over the camera is beyond me

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

That's the bit that gets me too... I've experienced lots of lens flares and flashes in the eyes throughout my life, but this was something that I actually consciously tracked in my field of vision... very odd and I've never experienced anything quite like it.

Thanks for the comment... my cynical side wants to agree with you, and rationalise it out... ;-j

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Its not a lense flare. I have some photos with orbs and entities/ets shapes. And mist, plasma, kind of bluish. Its entities or ET.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

That seems the most likely to me too, though the air didn't feel particularly electric. It was hazy and foggy and had been drizzling the day before, which all doesn't usually promote electric charges.

I also thought there was often some sound associated with ball lightning, and other than a slight breeze and birds there was no sound at all.

Thanks for the video, looks like an exciting storm!

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I have seen orbs no photos but they usually last more than a half a second I have watched them traverse the sky for minutes or playing in clouds.. few weeks ago I watched a small metallic ball drift probably between 40 to 70 kpm about 500 meters away from where i was in my gravel truck . sorry no pictures so take what you want from it .

ETA maybe I should bring a video cam to work as to when i usually see this stuff I am at work .

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

That would be really cool if it was... my first sighting!... ;-j

It's interesting to imagine what it may have been, I think I am leaning towards some type of energy event like ball lightning, but I am happy to entertain other possibilities.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Sounds interesting!

I would love to see some footage of what you describe.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Its not a lense flare. I have some photos with orbs and entities/ets shapes. And mist, plasma, kind of bluish. Its entities or ET.

The sun is right in front of the camera, there is no motion to the "object", its a panorama shot so it would have streaked had it been moving.

How did op see it if it moved in half a second and was so far away? How did op see it when they were moving the camera to pick up the panoramic view? But yea, must be aliens or demons i suppose as that is of course the most logical answer.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Orbs like that are common and have nothing to do with lenses, no matter what anyone says.

A few of mine at night that I uploaded on ats:

Preyiing Mantis type.

Blue Mist plasma shaped with a grey head

Behind the fence, obi wan looking old man enitity.

Here, I outlined some of it.

This one has a lot of orbs, bluish. But I have many like that.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Orbs like that are common and have nothing to do with lenses, no matter what anyone says

The ones you show are dust and moisture in the air reflecting the flash from your camera.
The alien hiding behind the tree is pareidolia.

I could film "orbs" every day where i live but i know what they are lol. Sorry your images did nothing to support your argument

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

All good questions... I have tried to explain the series of events as best I could.

The sun is right in front of the camera...

It is, and there is a few lens flares in the image, though the object doesn't line up with the lens flare.

... there is no motion to the "object", its a panorama shot so it would have streaked had it been moving.

The panorama feature in the iPhone sometimes produces odd results with moving objects (you can find lots of examples with a simple google search), but the algorithm does it's best to have a moving object appear only once in an image, editing it out of other parts of the image as you scan the camera.

How did op see it if it moved in half a second and was so far away?

Eyes are pretty quick... throw a ball across a room... takes about half a second to travel and is pretty easily trackable. This was a bright object, and because of the lack of physical features there is no way to tell how far away it was... May have been a couple of feet, or may have been hundreds of feet.

It seemed to be far away traveling fast, and my girlfriend was looking in my general direction, so it wasn't too close to me... this leads me to believe it was in the distance.

How did op see it when they were moving the camera to pick up the panoramic view?

Try taking a panorama with an iPhone... it is pretty easy to scan your hand in a smooth arc while looking at both the screen and the landscape.

But yea, must be aliens or demons i suppose as that is of course the most logical answer.

There's no need for that type of tone... ;-j
I actually have no idea what it was. I am leaning towards ball lightning... or some natural phenomenon, though I'm not so close minded to rule anything out when I don't actually know.

Thanks for the comment.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
If you had captured this while the sun was in other position other than pointing directly at the camera I would say "Oh that is interesting"

Otherwise when you have a digital camera and the sun angle directly facing the lens the most obvious answer is the correct one.

LENS FLARE.

Of course maybe orbs know you are looking at the sun and trick us! hehe

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Yes I would usually agree, and I am not one to take flights of fancy, I am quite a cynical person, but I saw it directly, and tracked it with my eyes.

I have considered whether it was a lens flare type of thing in my eye, or if it was so bright on the screen that it caused a flash, and the illusion of an object in my field of vision, but the length of the event was too long with me actually tracking the object, and didn't equate to any other experiences of lights in the eyes that I have ever had.

Thanks for the comment. It's the reason I posted it (I don't post much)... It was out of the ordinary, and made me go... huh...

Silly little buggers... always getting between the camera and the sun... just so we're never sure... ;-j

Cheers

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
It happens during taking a Panorama picture due to mismatch in lights and angle due to auto focus. About the light you saw for half a second must be a sun stroke.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join