It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis' Message To Those Who Pray For Their Own Death

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
certainly lamenting and praying for death isn't a sin or whatever but to act on it and killing yourself is an act of weakness, it's wrong in the sense that there are many struggling to live and lose in the end, yet you think it's so much harder for you so you give up what time you have left, throwing away any opportunities you might've had to enjoy in your time here, running away from life because it hurts and ignoring the good you can have.
life is pain, you can't live or find happiness without it. i think those willing to kill themselves deserve no pity, those who fight to live despite their suffering and those who accept their death yet live to their fullest despite their suffering deserve more compassion.

Didn't you get the memo. Depression isn't a character defect but rather a very real clinical disease of the mind.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I really like this pope. I think he represents a sympathetic and human look at the religion that I have not seen in my lifetime. It is nice reading things that make sense and don't seem overly preachy from the Catholic religion.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join