The Religion of Peace - Well, except for the 21,026 Terrorist attacks around the World since 9/11

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+21 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
The website linked to below lists over 21,000 deadly attacks perpetrated by adherents to Islam...made in the name of Islam...since 9/11.

These are not incidents of ordinary crime involving nominal Muslims killing for money or vendetta. We only include incidents of deadly violence that are reasonably determined to have been committed out of religious duty - as interpreted by the perpetrator. Islam needs to be a motive, but it need not be the only factor.

www.thereligionofpeace.com...

I happened on the above website, after reading a quote from a BBC article today which said...

At least 30 other people were wounded in the blast in the town of Muqdadiyah, 80km (50 miles) north-east of Baghdad. Police said the attacker targeted a convoy of three buses as it drove through the town on their way to visit shrines in the Shia holy city of Najaf...Last month alone, 1,045 Iraqi civilians and security officials were killed, according to UN figures - the bloodiest month since June 2008

www.bbc.co.uk...

I have been known to comment on here about the illogic of (what I call) the apologists for Islamic inspired acts of violence claiming that it is just a teeny-tiny-minuscule percentage of Muslims who commit acts of violence in the name of their religion - against the backdrop of the sheer volume of attacks that happen on a daily basis around the world.

But, to be honest, I was unaware of just how mind-bogglingly massive the numbers of attacks actually are...over twenty-one thousand since September of 2001. An average of 5 per day...every day...for nearly 12 years!

The apologists will often come on here and deflect by saying that Christianity had its dark times too...just look at the Inqisition.

More people are killed by Islamists each year than in all 350 years of the Spanish Inquisition combined

So much for that attempt at an argument...

Or...how's this one...It's all because of America...if we just left Islam alone they wouldn't feel they need to be so violent.

Take a look at the list of attacks over the last 30 days. A couple of quick facts from the list:

1) 222 attacks in 30 days
2) 4 attacks on Western military personnel...one of which happened in England, and one in France

A few samples from the list...

a) Nigeria...Islamic extremists massacre thirteen civilians with guns hidden in a coffin
b) Iraq...Fourteen innocent Shiites are stopped and summarily executed by Sunni gunmen
c) Pakistan...A woman is forced to recite Quran and then hacked to death with an axe after leaving the house without her husband's permission.
d) Afghanistan...Taliban militants shoot seven local officers in the back after the police invite them in for dinner.
e) Egypt...A woman and her two daughters are strangled and thrown into a river by seven male relatives concerned about un-Islamic behaviour.
f) Lebanon...A cleric is among eleven people killed in a sectarian clash between Shia and Sunni.
g) Syria...al-Nusra Islamists summarily execute eleven captives on video while praising Allah
h) Thailand...One person bleeds to death after Muslim separatists bomb a hotel
i) Somalia...An al-Shabaab ambush leaves five dead
j) Kenya...Islamists throw a grenade at a group of Kenyans and then shoot them in the head.
k) India...An imam is shot to death outside his mosque by Religion of Peace rivals

I wonder what it will take for people to finally realize just how violently out of control this religion is - (above all others); so please don't tell me about how all religions have their zealots. Islam is all about zealotry...all about Jihad.

A Religion of Peace it is not.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

But the military/industrial complex of the western world wants war - and uses their money to "invade" islamic countries to the point that the finance the "radical islamic world" to make these attacks on westerners.

See albert pike and his WW3 scenario - written oh so many years ago - that is coming true.

We don't need their damn oil - we don't need to be in the middle east - let them live in the 12th century if they want to.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Stop killing them. Get out of their countries. Stop spreading your "freedom".

Stop acting like you are innocent.

Just stop.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Islam is not religion of being sheep.

It is not religion of surrender.

It is not what you want to define with one night studying and interpretation.

It is not what all western puppets write about.

There are some complexity inside Islam.

Wanna know true Muslim and pretender , look how 30,000 people gathered and beheaded 3rd Imam and his family 1400 years ago.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1

But the military/industrial complex of the western world wants war - and uses their money to "invade" islamic countries to the point that the finance the "radical islamic world" to make these attacks on westerners.

See albert pike and his WW3 scenario - written oh so many years ago - that is coming true.

We don't need their damn oil - we don't need to be in the middle east - let them live in the 12th century if they want to.

I'm almost certain.. well, I'm actually nearly certain that the Albert Pike letter is a fraud. I guess there is a possibility that it is real, but it doesn't trace back correctly.

The author that sourced that letter, said it was displayed in a museum somewhere in Europe I believe. The museum doesn't have records of this artifact. Of course they would hide its history but, it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I'm not really sure which is the truth. Just saying, there is a good possibility that the Albert Pike 3 world wars letter is a fraud. Mainly, because it's far too good to be true. If it were true, it would be the smoking gun of all conspiracies.

OT - I love Muslim people, and every innocent Iraqi citizen that was killed during America's unjust war is an act of Christian terrorism. IMO "one nation under god" means that every man woman and child the US military has killed, is an act of Christian terrorism.

21K to about 650K The Christians are far ahead.

Regards,

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I think the key word here is extremists , not all muslims are extremists , I know plenty of muslims and their some of the nicest people, kindest people I've ever met.. You also have to remember that we don't hear there side ever, we never see whats going on over there in there countrys, during the troubles here every single catholic was known as a savage, bomb planting scumbag by the media.. one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.. Not trying to justify the bad some of them have done, its wrong but I dunno the world isn't exactly making it easy for them.

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jefferton

Just stop.

99% of Americans have never set foot in Trashcanistan or Iraq. The same have never killed a Muslim, and have absolutely no say in foreign policy. Why don't the Islamists target the persons who are responsible... oh wait, because they don't care. If you are breathing and do not submit to allah (or if you are just breathing), you are a target. The numbers don't lie, and your defending them won't make them think twice about cutting your head off as well.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Hi Mideast,as some one who has worked with Muslims,and my daughter having been best friends with a Muslim girl for years in primary school,but neither of us really knowing much about the Islamic faith,may I ask you some things?I never touched on religion with my co-workers or casual friends,we,d take lunch together,have a bite to eat,stroll around and had fun chats,looked at shop windows,etc.Very nice women indeed.My daughter+her Muslim bestie,even on nights that she slept over at the girl's house,being kids,also never discussed anything to do with the place of women in Islam.I was younger then too,when I had Muslim friends I took lunch with,and beyond the theoretical knowledge that they were Muslim,never really had at the time,the desire to delve into "deeper stuff" like religion.My friends seemed like happy women,that much I remember. So what I would like to ask you:We have heard,Muslim and non-Muslim alike,of terrible atrocities against women,even young girls,by Muslim clerics.Truly evil+miserable deeds,you may be aware of the types of acts I refer to.I'm not by my pc,but I will go there+provide a link to the type of cruelty I'm referring to,if you would like.My question is,how does the average Muslim guy feel about this?How does a typical average Muslim man see women? I hope you don't mind me asking,but I would genuinely be very grateful for your perspective? Here in the Western world we have to deal with rapists,,murderers,,serial killers and beaters+abusers of women and children on a daily basis.Would you say we have the worse track record of atrocities against women and children?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I decided to post one example,just to save time,and so there is no misunderstanding,of the atrocities i was referring to.I know a lot of people take issue with the Muslim faith for subjugating women in general,and i myself, brought up in a paradigm where women are pretty much seen as being equal to men,have to say,it's not a life i could or would want to adapt to.As i also said,the Muslim women i have known,all seemed like people who were happy and content with their lives.Maybe that is because if you are born and raised in one paradigm,it is what you are used to,and your happiness in that paradigm depends on your personal circumstances,not the dogma and rules of said paradigm in general?

But i have to question if men in the Western world really treat women better,in general? I know a helluva lot of people would give me a resounding "Oh Yes We Do!!!!!" but i wonder-so many women raped,murdered,so many children brutalised and killed and neglected and abused in various ways,even if not unto death.Every day.And i wonder,is it the same in the Muslim world? Does the acts of some villify the many who are innocent of cruelty?
edit on 10-6-2013 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Seriously, has ATS thread quality been reduced to copy-pasting from websites that have a clear and obvious agenda?

But, to be honest, I was unaware of just how mind-bogglingly massive the numbers of attacks actually are...over twenty-one thousand since September of 2001. An average of 5 per day...every day...for nearly 12 years!

Anybody can play with statistics and extract a conclusion that they want to hear.
For example... citing certain FBI stats as proof that blacks are more prone to crime.
or gun violence statistics as proof that white Americans are more likely to shoot random people in public places.

A few samples from the list...

I wonder what it will take for people to finally realize just how violently out of control this religion is

A lot of the countries on that list are warzones like Iraq, Syria and Afghanistan.
The geniuses running that website you quoted from seem to be unaware that civilian deaths are known to take place in warzones.

I bet if the internet existed during world war 1 and 2, there would have been retarded websites listing out war casualties and going "See! This is proof that white Christians kill so much!!11

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Only 21000?

How many terrorist attacks in the name of Christ? Anyone know?

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by MadMax7

How many terrorist attacks in the name of Christ? Anyone know?

"God told me to end the tyranny in Iraq"
- George W.Bush

More than a terror attack. A full blown, religiously motivated war was started by a born-again Christian called George W.Bush.

And the scary part is that unlike Islamic terror groups who work on their own, the Christian responsible for the destruction in Iraq happened to be the friggin' PRESIDENT of the most powerful country on earth.

But you will never see Christians accept him as one of their own... because they understand that he fits the profile of someone who causes death and destruction in the name of religion. So instead, they will distance themselves from him... while at the same time, clubbing everyday Muslims with the terrorists.

edit on 10-6-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

As usual you ignore evidence and then you go for the contrast/comparison argument using Christianity.

Yes it is true, statistics are very easily manipulated. However, this is not statistical analysis. This is a listing of deaths/injures, by region, of attacks by Islamic extremists. Further, why how does your argument that it is in a war zone, it negate that a jihadist/mujahadeen committed a terrorist act? Your logic is flawed.

The incidents are collected each day from public news sources. There is no rumor or word-of-mouth involved. Although every attempt is made to be accurate and consistent, we are not making the claim that this is a scientific product.

If you go through the lists and there is no report that can be found to verify the event, then you might have a case that the information listed is inaccurate.
edit on 10-6-2013 by maddog3n8 because: Added Quote

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1

I guess maybe you (and a number of the other posters here) missed one of the central themes of the thread.

That is, over the last 30 days, there were 222 Terrorist attacks. Only 2 of them were against Western Troops who were stationed in Islamic Countries. 217 of the Terrorist attacks were against citizens of their own countries - and by far the majority were Muslims murdering Muslims in the name of Allah.

The religion itself preaches to...implores...its followers to murder and maim people who do not follow its dictates (or more accurately its dictates as interpreted by the Imams who are guilty of these incitements).

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Just stop.

Stop writing. Take a deep breath. Try to understand what I am telling you is going on inside of Islam.

They are killing each other by the thousands, all over the world. They are murdering Christians (and others) around the globe, who are citizens of the countries they are being killed in.

The vast majority of the victims of Islam are not foreign troops...they are home-grown people who are cut down going about their business in their own neighbourhoods, markets or mosques.

The religion teaches its followers to kill each other, and infidels. A healthy percentage of Islam's adherents have been paying attention to what they are being taught.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by maddog3n8

As usual you ignore evidence and then you go for the contrast/comparison argument using Christianity.

The "contrast/comparison" argument CAN and WILL be used to counter Western/Christians who are pointing fingers at violence perpetrated by middle eastern/Islamic groups. Understand that the West simply lacks the higher moral ground to accuse anybody of violence. You will NOT be taken seriously when you do so. People living in glass houses shouldn't be chucking rocks at others.

However, this is not statistical analysis. This is a listing of deaths/injures, by region, of attacks by Islamic extremists. Further, why how does your argument that it is in a war zone, it negate that a jihadist/mujahadeen committed a terrorist act? Your logic is flawed.

Its still a big numbers game, designed to mold opinion.
Here, we have these listings of terror attacks, numbers on one side and "muslim" on the other.

A similar kind of "listing" can be produced with the aim of portraying the Christians / West as barbaric warmongers... genocidal killers of women and children... colonists of entire continents. It wont be pretty.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by mideast
Islam is not religion of being sheep.

Strongly disagree...devout followers of Islam are told to completely submit to Allah, and the teachings of their Prophet. By definition, as you must give up all of your own ideas...and join the flock...or face severe punishments...you are required to be "sheep".

Not that other religions don't also require sheeplike behaviour from their followers...to varying degrees

It is not religion of surrender.

Except surrendering to the religion itself, we can agree on this.

It is not what you want to define with one night studying and interpretation.

It is not what all western puppets write about.

There are some complexity inside Islam.

It is no doubt complex. I can only comment on the effect it seems to have on the people who have studied it.

Wanna know true Muslim and pretender , look how 30,000 people gathered and beheaded 3rd Imam and his family 1400 years ago.

Not versed in this episode of history I am afraid...

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Just stop.

So they're killing themselves, because WE are in their countries.

So if we start killing ourselves, you know, go around blowing up school buses and stuff, we can say "well blame the muslims for being in our lands!" too?

I don't think you did it properly.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by sticky

OT - I love Muslim people, and every innocent Iraqi citizen that was killed during America's unjust war is an act of Christian terrorism. IMO "one nation under god" means that every man woman and child the US military has killed, is an act of Christian terrorism.

21K to about 650K The Christians are far ahead.

Regards,

...I am afraid you are completely missing my point here. Muslims kill in the name of Islam every day, all over the world - and for the most part - they are killing each other.

I won't even debate your notion that the war(s) in Iraq could be characterized as a Christian versus Muslim war...because it is not worthy of debate (IMO)...and is not on topic.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by mobiusmale
The website linked to below lists over 21,000 deadly attacks perpetrated by adherents to Islam...made in the name of Islam...since 9/11.

Why start counting at 9/11 when it wasn't an Islam attack to begin with?
More mass mind control BS.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

"God told me to end the tyranny in Iraq"
- George W.Bush

Apparently...Bush did not say any such thing...

Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas on Friday denied an account by another Palestinian official of a meeting with US President George W. Bush, in which Bush is cited as saying he believed that God told him to go to war in Afghanistan and Iraq.

A statement in Abbas' name released by his office said that an excerpt from an interview with Palestinian Information Minister Nabil Shaath due to be broadcast by the British Broadcasting Corp in which Shaath described a meeting with Bush in June 2003 gave a "completely false" account.

"This report is not true," the Abbas statement said on Friday. "I have never heard President Bush talking about religion as a reason behind the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. President Bush has never mentioned that in front of me on any occasion and specifically not during my visit in 2003."

www.taipeitimes.com...

So there you have it...the premise upon which you base the rest of your post is without merit.

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join