It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drone operator who's killed over 1600 - The other whistleblower this week!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Whilst we listen to the Prism whistleblower another military person reveals he has killed more than 1600 people as a drone operator.

He remembers watching one of the first victims bleed to death Brandon Bryant says he was sitting in a chair at a Nevada Air Force base operating the camera when his team fired two missiles from their drone at three men walking down a ro ad halfway around the world in Afghanistan. The missiles hit all three targets, and Bryant says he could see the aftermath on his computer screen -- including thermal images of a growing puddle of hot blood.

"The guy that was running forward, he's missing his right leg," he recalled. "And I watch this guy bleed out and, I mean, the blood is hot." As the man died his body grew cold, said Bryant, and his thermal image changed until he became the same color as the ground.

"I can see every little pixel," said Bryant, who has been diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder, "if I just close my eyes."

Bryant, now 27, served as a drone operator from 2006 to 2011, at bases in Nevada, New Mexico and in Iraq, guiding unmanned drones over Iraq and Afghanistan and taking part in missions that he was told led to the deaths of an estimated 1,626 individuals. .In an interview with NBC News, he provided a rare first-person glimpse into what it's like to control the controversial machines that have become central to the U.S. effort to kill terrorists.

He says that as an operator he was troubled by the physical disconnect between his daily routine and the violence and power of the faraway drones. "You don't feel the aircraft turn," he said. "You don't feel the hum of the engine. You hear the hum of the computers, but that's definitely not the same thing."

At the same time, the images coming back from the drones were very real and very graphic.

"People say that drone strikes are like mortar attacks," Bryant said. "Well, artillery doesn't see this. Artillery doesn't see the results of their actions. It's really more intimate for us, because we see everything."

A self-described "naïve" kid from a small Montana town, Bryant joined the Air Force in 2005 at age 19. After he scored well on tests, he said a recruiter told him that as a drone operator he would be like the smart guys in the control room in a James Bond movie, the ones who feed the agent the information he needs to complete his mission.

He trained for three and a half months before participating in his first drone mission. Bryant operated the drone's cameras from his perch at Nellis Air Force base in Nevada as the drone rose into the air just north of Baghdad.Bryant and the rest of his team were supposed to use their drone to provide support and protection to patrolling U.S. troops. But he recalls watching helplessly as insurgents buried an IED in a road and a U.S. Humvee drove over it.

"We had no way to warn the troops," he said. He later learned that three soldiers died.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
And what percent of those were innocent bystanders or civilians mistaken for terrorists, and what percentage of Those then will have family members or friends decide to join the terrorist groups in order to seek revenge against America. We create our own enemies, reduce our Rights in order to battle them, and then lose our America as we know or knew it. Is this planned or an incredible lack of foresight? A lot of money is made from War.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
He should be turning himself into court if he thinks he is doing the right thing, or by doing this he is absolved of all of the killings?

MURDERER!

I do wrong but if I tell who gave me the order I am OK!, and we still think our troops will fight with us, this guys guilt can't leave him alone, at least he has a soul, go to jail KILLER!
edit on 10-6-2013 by Arsenis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Whistleblower? No. Conscienceless mass murderer? Yes.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by multichild

OK, we have this:

A self-described "naïve" kid from a small Montana town, Bryant joined the Air Force in 2005 at age 19. After he scored well on tests, he said a recruiter told him that as a drone operator he would be like the smart guys in the control room in a James Bond movie, the ones who feed the agent the information he needs to complete his mission.

Yet, when it comes to warning our troops of IEDS,' they had no way to warn them'.

It doesn't jive.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Maybe the people who ordered and trained the "murderers" should be put out in the field and be left to worry about the technological advances they seem to be so happy about.

This is starting to sound like blade runner, or hunger games - isn't it?

Who should be in control?

Look at those dead little children in syria - who would you rather see there, lying on the ground?
edit on 10-6-2013 by Happy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

This is starting to sound like blade runner, or hunger games - isn't it?

Yes.
And it is scary.
What do they have planned next?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Yes but at least we are getting these people to speak out even if it is an attempt to absolve their own sins.

Better we know that not I say, I'm sure the pentagon and all those involved would have preferred for this type of info to be kept in doors rather in the open air.

The unfairness of it all leaves a really bad taste in the mouth, and if they are doing in an attempt to make the west safer then forget it, Id rather go without this sort of military murder, but tihs wasnt on the mainstream like the other one is another reason for me pointing it out, and its the same people involved.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Reply to post by multichild

Its all getting twisted though.

The NSA guy speaks out and the news is all.about how hw selfishly and single handidly wrecked our advantage in the "war on terror" and this drone ooerator is going to be painted as a weakling unworthy of militant American empire uniform.

Sure theyre speaking up but thanks to the public being a bunch of morons, paranoids and sadists the wrong message is what they hear.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

psycho! look at his dead, doped eyes!

coward,,, i bet he could not have killed any, if he would have been -in a real combat situation,
that is disgusting how easily he did that, and with permission from the governmetalitet.

well, guess he is going to rot inside for the rest of his life.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Wow? I going to cry. If he killed 1600 rats there would be more uproar. We are homosapiens,we are not human anymore.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

Yes I agree, and it not being human is what leaves the bad taste...

These are people with children and mothers and fathers just liek us, and its not fair that we zap them from hundreds of miles away as though it makes anything better at all.

If anything it may make others think about what they are doing, the controllers I mean and one day it will be banned as innocent civillians are being slughtered, and then we have the audacity to complain when its done to us, as though thats not part of the deal.

Crazy world, and it seems to be getting worse, hopefully before it gets better.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
A whistleblower? hmmmm, not sure about that.

he helped in killing 1626 people guiding drones.

i wonder did nazis give interviews during ww2 explaining how they killed people?

just following orders eh?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Exactly. People are focusing on the person, not the message. They want this guy to go to jail, scorn him as a coward, yet what he is saying gets ignored. Programming is not in progress, it's completed.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

people equal......!

that dude probably thought it would be cool and fun to pilot those things,
but as soon as he got his bigboy pants on, he started whining and crying,

just like those sorry "peace keepers", stupid children they are.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Now someone help me answer this question:

If we can have unmanned Killing, Why are we having and had people being killed finding IEDs?
Why was any of these wars started if such an easy task of killing the head is available?
These technologies just open up more questions.

It's something to think about, specially since Military has Technology 10 years or more before it's public knowledge. That's 2 wars, with a possible interaction with the earlier third ( 1st iraqi war )

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

you know money is not "real" but we treat it like it is, and it kinda functions,

i wonder if wars could be fought, by training different nations to play-- call of duty?
and we would agree that the score, determines the winner?

why fight humans when you could fight players?

---the future of war--

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

The guy is smiling which is weird. I think he's an egomaniac and I think he's lying about watching the guy turn cold.. it would take hours for a person to lose all their heat and I doubt they watched a dead guy that long.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

He is more than likely suffering from "Innapropriate Response" as a result of his PTSD. It's a reaction to stop him reliving the pain of his experience. I suffer from the same thing and it makes people think you are uncaring but it's the fact they care too much that causes the reaction. I absolutely hate people telling me someone has died as I just want to burst out laughing which is wholly inappropriate obviously.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
What a deplorable, disgusting human being.

How many of those people were innocents? I'll wager plenty.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join