It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The (Theoretical) Psychology of Grey Aliens

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Creativity (and freedom) is what allows us to create. It allows us to combine different elements into something new, to paint a picture from our mind, etc.

Without this creative energy, trust me, if your window broke, you would not be able to fix it. If you wanted to read something from the library, you would not be able to modify your schedule to go get the book and make the time to read it.

So if an alien race had depleted their spiritual energy or accidentally lost its source, their equipment would start to decay, and if something major happened in their society, like part of a city was taken out by an explosion, they would not be able to fix that, either.

The interesting thing is that the Grey aliens are known to have two different types (at least). The small grey is the one who acts like a hive mind and the tall greys are like the overseers, figuring out tasks that need to be done.

One of my friends sees grey aliens, so I asked her about it to check. She thought about it and said, yes, the tall greys are more creative and the smaller ones are more like robots.

Don't ask me how she can see them, but she described them to me one day in great detail, and thought they were vampires. So I had to explain.

At any rate, what was I thinking... if their society needed to harvest spiritual energy to either rebuild or whatnot...

They could:
1) Harvest our extra creativity.
2) Lease out the human race for a while to help replenish their own stores.
3) Actually steal the spiritual sources themselves.

Although, maybe the use of the creativity in the tall grey Matriarch is enough to order around the others? Think of an ant colony, for example, for similar psychology.
edit on 10-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Assuming these aliens exist, which they do not, I will play along and point out some errors. Creativity is not energy. Creativity is not even a single attribute, much like intelligence is not a single attribute. Creativity is simply a way to explain the way a creature solves a problem. Animals are also creative. It can not be lost or depleted. Your suggestion that without this energy you could not fix a window, well you also couldnt walk, as any time a obstacle was in front of you the way around it could never be determined. Any race that completely lacked "creativity" would die out as they could no longer function.

You then jump to spiritual energy, as if somehow spiritual energy and creative energy are obviously the same thing. Why are they? If there is a spirit and spiritual energy what logical explanation could there be for it being depleted? Their equipment would decay due to them not knowing how to repair it anymore I suppose? Well as I showed, the way you talk about creativity the entire race would be dead, so yes their equipment would decay as the beings who built would be extinct, unable to solve the simplest problem such as how to hunt or gather food.

Creativity is the result of the normal function of the brain. How can this be harvested? What the heck do you mean by lease out the human race? And how can spiritual energy be stolen and what in the world does it have to do with creativity which is simply a word to describe the ability to come up with a new idea, a normal function of brains.
edit on 10-6-2013 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
So if an alien race had depleted their spiritual energy or accidentally lost its source

While that sentence is proper English, it doesn't mean anything.

, their equipment would start to decay, and if something major happened in their society, like part of a city was taken out by an explosion, they would not be able to fix that, either.

Or they wouldn't be able to have a poop, explosion or not?

The interesting thing is that the Grey aliens are known to have two different types (at least).

What grey aliens? Known to have? What?

The small grey is the one who acts like a hive mind and the tall greys are like the overseers, figuring out tasks that need to be done.

From which psychology research paper dealing with non-existing beings has this information been retrieved from?

One of my friends sees grey aliens, so I asked her about it to check. She thought about it and said, yes, the tall greys are more creative and the smaller ones are more like robots.

You shouldn't trust what your friend says.

Don't ask me how she can see them

Oh but I do. Also, ask her to record these encounters - too.

At any rate, what was I thinking... if their society needed to harvest spiritual energy to either rebuild or whatnot...

Again, English without any content.

They could:
1) Harvest our extra creativity.
2) Lease out the human race for a while to help replenish their own stores.
3) Actually steal the spiritual sources themselves.

Although, maybe the use of the creativity in the tall grey Matriarch is enough to order around the others? Think of an ant colony, for example, for similar psychology.

Same.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
please read the definition:

cre·a·tiv·i·ty
/ˌkrēāˈtivitē/
Noun
The use of the imagination or original ideas, esp. in the production of an artistic work.
Synonyms
creativeness

you are confusing common sense.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

A word to the wise darkbake,

Adding the word "theoretical" to your thread heading, does not allow one to escape from a certain issue that effects our ability to perform a behavioral analysis of "Grey" aliens.

First of all, though there are various reports of such things going back some time, there has never been a single shred of physical proof of thier existence, nor thier visitation of our planet, or at least, not one that would shed any light on matters, through either being false, or being hidden away in a guarded basement somewhere.

So we come up against a massive problem. How do we go about telling which of the reports are true, without anything to go on what so ever, other than testimony? How can one see thier way to understanding of a species, which we KNOW next to nothing about? This is not like analysing the behavior of an unknown subject in a serial murder investigation, or series of bank or jewlery hiests. In both those scenario's there is SOME manner of evidence, a calling card or signature in the way the perpetrator does things. Either they leave a mark on the body, or a more deliberate thing, like a fetish or talisman on the scene to mark it, or take something from the scene as a trophy... there is always something, even something accidental or forensic that has been done in these scenarios which allows a canny thinker to make assessments about the responsible party.

But this is not the case with grey aliens. They leave no marks, apart from when they do of course... you see what the problem is I take it? There is too much conflicting and unproven data, and too little like data, aside from in terms of description. Some of them are alleged to be capable of speaking English, others are rumoured not to speak at all, some are described as benine, others as inherantly evil... There is no one concensus on the subject, which means that to tie together a psychological profile is going to be next to impossible, even in theory.

A theory, incidentally, is always based on known facts, which come together to lead a thinking person to suppose something, which he intends fully, to prove, or to eventually be proven. There are no known FACTS about Greys, just speculation, and tales, all completely unprovable by the standards of science, and counter to the opinion of those who sport a lab coat on weekdays, psychology is a science. It does require known values. Since we cannot reasonably call anything that we hear about Greys FACTUAL (because there is not so much as a speck of readily available physical evidence, let alone proof of, any one claim made by either contactees or abductees) we cannot make even the most rudimentary assessment of thier psychopathology.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

We have a left and right side of the brain, one for creativity and one for logic. If you already knew how to fix the window, you would be fine. Playing along is a good idea I would say, I added "Theoretical" in the thread title for that reason.

Think of it as adding order to a system, or use the thermodynamic term entropy. As a matter of fact, there is already something called Information Theory that uses entropy.

"Gain in entropy always means loss of information, and nothing more"

Wikipedia: Entropy in Thermodynamics and Information Theory

So this spiritual force exists, as it is only present in living organisms. Non-living organisms gain entropy and lose information over time.

Even species of organisms lose entropy and gain information over time as they evolve to adapt to their surroundings through trial-and-error.

Seeing this to be the case, there is obviously something in living organisms that does this purpose, and if there is, then it could break.

I went into the mechanics of a theory about how quantum physics is related to entropy loss / information gain in my thesis paper for my Psychology major specifically to make it a separate issue from religion.

As for this theoretical loss in free will, it could happen through mutations due to radiation exposure, or massive inbreeding, or genetic engineering going terribly wrong, to name a few. Possibly even cultural engineering.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

That makes a lot of sense, thanks. This is a behavioral analysis on grey aliens based on lore, as we do not have the ability to watch them in the wild or in a lab, and if we did, we have no access to that information.

I did do the best I could and asked my friend who sees them about her observations. Every once in a while, I meet people who see them, and most of the time, they don't know they are aliens, but describe them in great detail.

My guess is that it is possible to observe them for behavioral analysis, but I haven't. So I used lore and testimony, and yeah, neither of those were in controlled environments.

Especially just using lore, that could definitely be misleading, especially if it is not direct sources (like from ancient civilizations or inter-venous D.M.T. research or meditation research) and involves channeling.

To be honest, even if my information is correct, I could be wrong about my conclusion - the Matriachs (which I assume they are basing their behavior on other swarm societies like bees and ants) might have enough "spiritual" energy to guide the hive.

Thanks for your critique.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arsenis
you are confusing common sense.

The common sense originated with creativity at some point in history and was passed down through culture. It also has to be learned by a new individual either by observation or trial-and-error, both of which involve bit of curiosity, which is a form of creativity.

Without the creativity, a society would not be able to adapt to new situations where new common sense rules needed to be created, and infants in that society would not be able to learn the common sense / cultural rules of their parents, fellow drones, queen or whatever.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Also thank you, the word I should have used is hypothetical correct?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
Assuming these aliens exist, which they do not, I will play along and point out some errors. Creativity is not energy. Creativity is not even a single attribute, much like intelligence is not a single attribute. Creativity is simply a way to explain the way a creature solves a problem. Animals are also creative. It can not be lost or depleted. Your suggestion that without this energy you could not fix a window, well you also couldnt walk, as any time a obstacle was in front of you the way around it could never be determined. Any race that completely lacked "creativity" would die out as they could no longer function.

You then jump to spiritual energy, as if somehow spiritual energy and creative energy are obviously the same thing. Why are they? If there is a spirit and spiritual energy what logical explanation could there be for it being depleted? Their equipment would decay due to them not knowing how to repair it anymore I suppose? Well as I showed, the way you talk about creativity the entire race would be dead, so yes their equipment would decay as the beings who built would be extinct, unable to solve the simplest problem such as how to hunt or gather food.

Creativity is the result of the normal function of the brain. How can this be harvested? What the heck do you mean by lease out the human race? And how can spiritual energy be stolen and what in the world does it have to do with creativity which is simply a word to describe the ability to come up with a new idea, a normal function of brains.

These are good points... okay let's see. This is the closest I can come up with.

The lobotomy procedure can have severe negative effects on a patient's personality and ability to function independently.[127] Lobotomy patients often show a marked reduction in initiative and inhibition.[128] They may also exhibit difficulty putting themselves in the position of others because of decreased cognition and detachment from society.[129]

Lobotomy - Wikipedia

Behavioral Effects of a Lobotomy

The frontal lobe transfers information from the creative side of the brain to the logical side of the brain, allowing someone to think of a future goal or achievement and then get there, or try something new, and then record it in their logical storage bank if it works more effectively.

There could be a separation in hypothetical Grey Society, for one, with communication between the Matriarch and the drones acting as a frontal lobe.

Yes, you are right, the way I talk about it their entire race would be dead unless they had the ability to produce small amounts of problem solving skills / creativity.

Oh... let's see. Still hypothetical. They could visit here in order to be exposed to emotions, which they might be lacking (wow this is a different assertion altogether) or I suppose they could recruit some humans to leadership positions... hmm. I'm not sure humans make very good leaders, though.

I like to think that spiritual energy and creative energy are the same, but you are right, they very well may not be, although they might overlap in some places.

Thanks for the input.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

That would certainly have been a better word, although even a hypothesis requires a reasonable starting point, with firm understanding of the issues surrounding a specific idea. No term used in science which has any meaning or importance is ever used where the only knowns are heresay and conjecture at best, and tall tales and absence of evidence at worst.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I think the problem could be that I have been researching / thinking about a lot of things that I didn't include in this essay. My thoughts and essays are so jumbled at the moment that I need to take the time to actually present things in some kind of coherent order.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I can give you a few examples some keywords that I should have at least written about first.

*Spiritual energy
*Source
*Decay
*Matriarch
*Entropy
*Creativity

Where does that creativity and entropy loss / information gain come from? A rock who decided to try something new?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

If the greys are sucking the spiritual creativity out of our souls, why do they pump flouride into our water system that dulls down the peneal gland ?

Imagine how much free creative energy they could get if they legalised cannabis and had no flouride in the water.

WOW.

This whole planet would rise to a new spiritual order.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Nevertheless

The small grey is the one who acts like a hive mind and the tall greys are like the overseers, figuring out tasks that need to be done.

From which psychology research paper dealing with non-existing beings has this information been retrieved from?

Aliens have been known to give out records and manuals of their cultural hierarchies to the people they abduct. Unfortunately, the records evaporate when abductees enter into reality. It's a very well known fact to a couple of people.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

You just lack creativity. It's quite possible that aliens are sucking our souls out and leasing them to other beings and quite possibly with an option to buy. I'm holding out for the 2014 model.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

You bring up some good points, sounds like fun to talk about.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake

You bring up some good points, sounds like fun to talk about.

But?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

There could be a separation in hypothetical Grey Society, for one, with communication between the Matriarch and the drones acting as a frontal lobe.

These hypothetical greys sound like an odd bunch. If there psychic energy is depleted, instead of sucking on ours, why not teach them creative writing.

Your lobotomy example doesn't equate. Amphetamine abusers can deplete their dopamine levels. Think neurotransmitters for better examples

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Gonna come back to it in a bit, like today or tomorrow

top topics

<<   2 >>

join