It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Troop Movement in Idaho

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Yeah with all this antichrist religious talk going around Idaho and the other conservative "idiot" states I'm surprised they aren't interested in their opinions

Could you think of a reason why someone might think they're to deluded to have anything of value to say?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

Well, we're not seeing the whole convoy. But the wrench turners still need a 2-1/2 ton or 5 ton or two to transport their bays to someplace else. A lot of tools used to go missing during these moves, and somebodies toolbox at home got a tad bit fatter.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
from the bumper ID on the left side of the vehicle, the truck belongs to the 141st Brigade Support Battalion, part of the 41st Infantry Brigade Combat Team, part of the Oregon National Guard

en.wikipedia.org...

ETA: This isnt unusual for one state's NG to go into another state for AT, When I did JRTC in LA, we had an NG unit from WI come down to do food service & bn support for us going into the field
edit on 6/10/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Looks like it is from Alpha Company as well, But it looks like the bumper # starts with a "A" at least. Good picture. Wish I had that talent, but everytime I try, it doesn't work.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Three days last week I saw a military choppers. Each night same time and just one each night - same direction. Would have been heading south west from western Montana. I chalked it up to a pilot training since same time each night. A little too low for my comfort. Shook house.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

A-314 is the vehicle number

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

You must be drinking. I tried to drop a hint.

"Wish I had that talent, but everytime I try, it doesn't work." Hint, Hint.

I've tried following the tools, but for some reason cannot embed photos and I really don't know why!

Never mind, that's off topic. Someday I'll figure it out.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

Yeah with all this antichrist religious talk going around Idaho and the other conservative "idiot" states I'm surprised they aren't interested in their opinions

Could you think of a reason why someone might think they're to deluded to have anything of value to say?

Yes, like every reason probably.

It all has the potential to kind of reinforce the whole bad situation and the concepts, you know what I mean?

Even if someone doesn't have something of value to say, they are a citizen of the U.S. and therefore the government has a duty to listen to them, not take them off to camps or something.

Oh, also, there are positives hidden in both sides of the political spectrum (Democrat and Republican)

it is kind of a trick to mix them in with negatives in each side, it keeps people from seeing things in terms of positive and negative and instead in terms of "Democrat" and "Republican"
edit on 11-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Mountain home air force is not to far from Boise.

That's probably what that is all about. I seen them several times.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Relax dipxxxt there is no talk of the antichrist in Idaho. These people are just as asleep as most of the liberals are your secret is safe.

your quote (Yeah with all this antichrist religious talk going around Idaho and the other conservative "idiot" states I'm surprised they aren't interested in their opinions )

Prejudice much? Call us racist just cuz we don't like your boy.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Well I can say for sure that the "Yellow" markings on its side are most likely placards.
If the unit is going somewhere to train, they may have pyrotechnics and ammunition as well as blanks. I took an AMMO 67/68 handlers course and I know that when you transport things of such nature, they need a yellow placard on at least all four sides of the vehicle, 4 ratchet straps per pallet, usually 2 pallets per vehicle and all signed documents and information with you for permits in transported said materials.
The 1083A1s were probably transporting gear for the field and mission essential items needed for the mission including first aid.
In REAL ARMY, active duty military, we don't use temps or hire civies for "Insurgents". We use in-company personnel to play insurgents or more correctly, "OP-4" and the soldiers who perform the mission are called "BLUE-4".
I can't say much for the helicopters but most units go to any place that is open for military training, but training involved with blanks and ammunition and pyrotechnics usually end up on a military reserve of some sort, permits are usually submitted 1yr to 6months in advance to even get a spot reserved for training, not like the good ol' days when a unit can just pack up and go some place for the hell of it.
Pretty much I think this thread shows a bunch of soldiers going to go train.
Though good looking out though, this day in age you never know............
edit on 11-6-2013 by Arnie123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Hey DB
I'm very familiar with the area, and for the short answer:
Yes, I have seen convoys like this (on the same interstate) many times.
And yep, it is kinda weird to witness something like that as you are driving to or from work.
I'll admit, the first time I'd seen it - I had a genuine double u . tee . eff moment myself, so I understand where you are coming from by posting this.

Long story:
I'll agree with the training aspect. Looking at the picture you took, it's very clear to me (and a few others that noticed here :up
those vehicles are traveling eastbound on I-84. Based on where they are, I'd say it's just past the South Cloverdale, heading to Boise. So they haven't passed the (likely destination) exit to Gowen at that point... but they could have been going anywhere for range training. I know of two nearby.

I wouldn't be too worried, as someone else mentioned. These do happen frequently here this time of the year. Heck, nowadays if I'd see a convoy like that... I'd probably pass them and give a big thumb

The WTF laughter factor would probably be good for both sides.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Does anyone else think that sometimes, just maybe, in order to keep a bunch of immature men in uniform from getting bored, they just have them drive around?

Troop movement keeps guys on their toes, there are only so many times you can have them scrub the toilets and pick up # on base. They signed up to be heroes, and don't have much to do.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Well seeing as they're training, it goes to figure that they aren't too good.

Plus low altitude=lower visibility from ground of aircraft, so they're doing a good job at training what they should be.

= fairly legit automatic fear of "oh # I hope these noobs weren't out drinking last night and are going to crash that chopper..."

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join