It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Troop Movement in Idaho

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
So this is the last thing I want to write on here for today. But I saw transport helicopters in the sky near Boise yesterday and a small military convoy on the highway today, and I haven't seen troop movements at all around here before,

So it is coincidental in its timing. Please make your own conclusions, I am just presenting what I saw. Has anyone else seen any? Anyone know if it is routine?

edit on 10-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Well, I don't see the choppers, but I do see two 1083A1's completely buttoned up...so no troops in their. Before you guys say, well WHAT IF their in there, I would be quick to say, on a bright sunny cloudless day, you wouldn't get caught dead in those LMTVs as they are practically a mobile furnace and extreme temperatures...and wearig full battle ratter?
This picture shows me that they are transporting something, what? who knows.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Well youre in Idaho are they moving east?

They have woodlands cammo, that should tell you something. Maybe headed towards Montana?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Arnie123

Okay thanks for identifying those. There was also a medical transport with a red cross and a few transports with yellow warnings on them, maybe ammo or something?

The helicopters were large ones with two rotors and there were two of them. They were headed down I-84 towards Mountain Home. They were tan.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   

i saw something simar a month ago....i am in CT two trucks exactly like those guys suited and booted.... they were heading toward new haven (shore) it was also a beautiful day...i remember because i was going to the flea market... somethings up......but found it kinda strange...

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

It's summertime. Most National Guard and Reserve Units do their annual training this time of year. Got to get the units equipment from wherever the unit is to the training area.

There is always a uptick in military traffic at this time of year.

I would bet you a cookie that they are going to Yakima.
edit on 10-6-2013 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
So this is the last thing I want to write on here for today. But I saw transport helicopters in the sky near Boise yesterday and a small military convoy on the highway today, and I haven't seen troop movements at all around here before,

So it is coincidental in its timing. Please make your own conclusions, I am just presenting what I saw. Has anyone else seen any? Anyone know if it is routine?

Haha, I live in Boise, and I know the exact stretch of the freeway that you're on right there

And a previous poster is right ... there is a lot of NG training going on right now, both at Gowen and MHAFB, and at the training areas in between. This past weekend was a drill weekend for many, and I believe that some are out for their two weeks right now, too. I'm a military contractor, but I work off base, so I cant really give you any specifics about what is going on out there right now.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

It's summertime. Most National Guard and Reserve Units do their annual training this time of year. Got to get the units equipment from wherever the unit is to the training area.

There is always a uptick in military traffic at this time of year.

I would bet you a cookie that they are going to Yakima.
edit on 10-6-2013 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

Nah, these are going East. Can tell from the hills in the background. From where they are on the freeway, they were probably on their way to Gowen Field, our local base here in Boise. Could have been coming from another location, or could have been out doing training work and just coming back home.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake

This does not pass the 'So what?' test.

At any given time, the US military will need to move people and hardware from one place to another. Since teleportation has not been invented yet, they are restricted to conventional methods. This means you are likely to see them at some point.

edit on 10/6/13 by Sankari because: typo...

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Its the time of year when all good Guardsmen go to summer camp. I-75 will be busy with them all summer headed to Camp Grayling. Nothing out of the ordanary just look up where National Guard training facilities are

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

The Idaho National Guard and Reserve and other elements of U.S. soldiers are involved in a very large training exercise involving urban warfare. Using temp employees dressed as insurgents they are training in urban warfare tactics and strategy in the desert area south of Gowan Field.
Does that answer your question?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by flyswatter

You are probably right. I originally didn't see the unit designator.

But here is the unit we see.

en.wikipedia.org...(United_States)
edit on 10-6-2013 by TDawgRex because: Another ETA...because I need more coffee.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by unsteadystate

The Idaho National Guard and Reserve and other elements of U.S. soldiers are involved in a very large training exercise involving urban warfare. Using temp employees dressed as insurgents they are training in urban warfare tactics and strategy in the desert area south of Gowan Field.
Does that answer your question?

You speak the truth. In fact, if you go out to USA Jobs, you can see temporary job postings for people to play bad guy for the guard.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

They might have been heading from Yakima to Mountain Home, you think? Thanks, that makes sense!

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Guys, its SUMMERTIME; most National Guard and Reserve units use the summer for their 2 weeks Annual Training.
Most move to their areas via military convoy.
There are threads like this every summer. "OMIGERD MILITARY CONVOYS, WHATS GOING ON???"

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
The choppers you are describing are H-47 Chinooks, they are used primarily for troop transport and field resupply roles, but will occasionally carry artillery and munitions. There are about 6 or 7 variants of the 47, some are heavy lifters and others are troop transports, it's hard to say what the payload of the ones you saw could be.

As far as the yellow labels on the trucks I am not very familiar with Army or Guard Division or Unit insignias so it's hard to tell what it could be. As a prior poster stated though the transports canvases are securely tied down and you can bet there aren't troops in there. Could be supplies for a field training exercise or many other things though.

As many others have already said, it's the time of the year that many guard units are doing their annual training. I wouldn't be too worried about it. Now when you see very large convoys of trucks with troops in them and weapons in hand as well as large groups of helo's and MRAP's then we may have a problem.
edit on 10-6-2013 by Nucleardiver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

That makes sense, although I was a bit concerned when those documents detailing all of the different surveillance organizations was leaked. To me, the fact they were leaked indicated a change in direction for the Obama Administration.

For example, hunting down people for political reasons (it used to be in this country there was free speech, you were allowed to express your opinion or criticize the government and it was actually encouraged because congress was interested in citizen feedback and discussing issues to come to methods of governance that enhanced individual well-being).

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Could this be the yellow label you saw on the trucks? It's the Idaho Army National Guard 116th Cavalry Brigade insignia based out of Gowen Field.

" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

If they were carrying any type of Oxy or Acetylene tanks, HazMat or small arms ammunition, they would have to be placarded just like any other truck on the road. Even the Army has to follow OSHA & DOT rules.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

That's true. Usually by DOT standards only Oxygen, Oxidizers, and Radioactive are yellow and explosives are orange. I'm not up to date on the more modern military vehicles, when I was in we used AGO-10's for most mechanic and welding support roles. Those just don't look like the 63B or 91B vehicles Im used to seeing, but then again Ive been out for a while and I was a squid.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join