It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The saddest thought in my life.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Aha I see what you're saying but I didnt necessarily mean life was a question but instead i meant the questions like: what caused the big bang, how did consciousness develop, where did it all come from, etc.. Its sad to think that I might not know these things. I am hoping that one day in my lifetime we figure these things out. and hopefully do something good with that knowledge.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by pyramidikal

I've literally contributed, helped, the human race, or the planet as a whole, or as a fraction of a fraction of help to one person, literally such a nonsignificant amount that it's basically zero, a waste, I want to do good things, even great things, but with zero dollars to even help myself how can I help others? The short answer is I cannot.

Your short answer is wrong.

When my father died, I didn't want somebody to give me money in any amount. I wanted a shoulder to lean on, someone to listen, someone to care about me. That would have been a help.

My mother has told me a few times "If money's the problem, you don't have a problem." Share a dinner with someone, talk to the guys in jail with no family, go to a nursing home to visit those who have been left to die by a family that doesn't care. Ask a funeral home to let you know when there's a funeral with just a few family members to mourn, and share their grief. That's more help than any amount of money.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by pyramidikal
The saddest thought in my life is, I'm going to die soon, and have nothing to show for my time here, by soon I mean the next year or the one after that, what's the difference? 50 days, 50 weeks, 50 years, it's all the same. If you have nothing to show for your life your death becomes that much more sad. I've literally contributed, helped, the human race, or the planet as a whole, or as a fraction of a fraction of help to one person, literally such a nonsignificant amount that it's basically zero, a waste, I want to do good things, even great things, but with zero dollars to even help myself how can I help others? The short answer is I cannot.

Look at it like this. Before we are born we are in the womb for 9 months. We are in the world, just unable to know or do anything until we are born and grow up. Some think that our whole life here is but another gestation in a womb before being born into the next world. So take heart. There is no death, just rebirth, "over there."

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Thats a very nice thought. Please continue, if you will..

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by UnknownKnower

Knowledge can be rendered meaningless at any moment and you wouldn't even know it.

Fear is meaningless.

You are fearful of something you may miss in the future, which is meningless as it isn't even known. The future is not knowledge.

So your fear is meaningless.

Don't stress mate!

I love your attitude though!

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by pyramidikal
You'll be around, don't you worry about seeing the future, your soul is immortal whether you like it or not, it cannot be destroyed, tainted maybe but not destroyed.

Oh, well in that case we should all remember how it was when the dinosaurs lived.

I wish I could remember though.. damn.

If, that is, our souls somehow existed before humans did.

Hmm, why, I wonder, would they exist when the body does not. And why would it bother to hang around long after it's gone. Nope... the conundrum of life ends when we do.

And the beauty of it all is, no matter what you believe right now, it won't make a difference.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Being immortal in your present "meat bag" body would very likely be quite horrible. What if you were in some type of horrible accident and you were crushed? Or if someone were to shoot you in the head? What if you became trapped somewhere? Also the recall speed of your brain would decrease the closer you came to reaching its storage capacity. The relationship cycle would be devastating as everyone with whom you formed a relationship would precede you in death. I also imagine the ability to relate too society around you would become difficult as the years passed.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Its a bit greedy feeling sorry for yourself because your not going to live for ever. Every day is a gift,be thankful! Its better to have lived and lost than to never live at all,and besides if you want to know the future just imagine a "boot on a human face"

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I'd just like to see an end to silly issues that have the people of this country divided and an end of support for the military industrial complex...I could easily pass on wearing a smile if this was to happen or maybe want to hang around longer.
edit on 10-6-2013 by hypervigilant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

OP thinks he's missing out?
...can you imagine what kind of world this is going to be in 100-200 years??

personally, i think Jesus coming back and torching the place is our best bet

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Now some of you are thinking I am greedy for wanting to live forever. Why is that greedy? I do appreciate every day I have believe me. I love nature and simply sitting outside listening to everything trying to understand. Its an amazing feeling to me, the reason I wish to live forever is so I can do this much longer and learn many new things and be a part of the change I wish to see happen in this world. Because I am hopeful that the future will bring great things. But I also know that to achieve these great things there must be great sacrifice..

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Life is neverending, Go watch the neverending story, not really a point maker but good movie with same title )

Now to the juice, well think about it this way, You are here and now, so you must be here for the here and now.
Or else you'd be in the there and then right?

And who's to say you won't be around in the year 3030 or 6049? Are you sure you have the afterlife down? It seems rather ginormous, I don't think a trillion billion humans could dream up the afterlife, we've been trying since the dawn of mankind. Don't get worried about problems that aren't problems just uncertainties, since they might be things you look forward to in the future. Something you think isn't there may be the tip of the ice berg needing a whole new aspect of thought to understand, maybe that's even why we are living the program " Humans " now?

Never know, buck up, tomorrow is another day.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
You'll be around. Just in a different form...

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Just like there are midwives and doctors in attendance here in this realm they will be there to oversee the birth also. When it happens it will be when its supposed too, nothing to fear, everyone gets born and "dies". Once you have learned everything you are supposed to you too will be ready for the next phase of your development. Where all those great hopes and dreams can come true. Just be patient... our time will come. But you already know that.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I do appreciate every day I have believe me. I love nature and simply sitting outside listening to everything trying to understand. Its an amazing feeling to me, the reason I wish to live forever is so I can do this much longer and learn many new things and be a part of the change I wish to see happen in this world. Because I am hopeful that the future will bring great things.

You'll be fine.

But I also know that to achieve these great things there must be great sacrifice..

Remember to include others. What little bit do you do for them?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

There's nothing wrong with wanting to live forever, although personally, I wouldn't want to. When I was younger, sure, it was an amazing thought to be able to see some of the "amazing" technology (I mean, my first cell phone was a RAZR V3, back when they first came out - Still own the same phone), see commercially feasible space travel (still waiting), and other scientific advances.

Having aged, the world's changed so much that I'm glad my lifespan is limited to 80-100. All the natural places are becoming more urban, more & more taxes, more wars, bickering among nations (I could go on like this).

The way I look at life is this: Live each day as if it were your last. At work, I try to finish all my projects to my satisfaction, knowing that were I gone, the work would be completed. Always told my G.F. goodnight (even on the nights she annoys me to death), because you never know what tomorrow will bring.

Instead of feeling sad about how you won't go on & be around, why not try to make the change now? You have plenty of days, months, and years ahead of you. So instead of counting down the days (which is kind-of pointless, as no-one knows exactly when they'll go), try to make a change a day. The funny thing is - you might not even realize it when you make a change.

There is a grain of hope though - I've heard countless times from various people in the medical industry that by the time I get to 90 (assuming I live that long), someone will invent a cure for aging, Were it offered to me by that point, I think it's safe to say I'd pass.

-fossilera

PS: The only things I would really, really love to be alive to see are:
-The collision between the Milky Way and Andromeda galaxies,
-The sun going supernova,
-The first steps mainkind (or robot), makes on one of the super earths with intelligent life.

Oh well, maybe I'll be able to come back as a zombie to see those events

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Thank all of you for your input any further replies will be read so anyone who is willing to keep this going then by all means please do but I have only last thing to say, I am very hopeful for the future.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnknownKnower
Dont let the title fool you this isnt about me wanting to kill myself or anything and no I am not making light of those who do.

I have thought about one thing for so long and I can finally see what others think without being looked at like I'm a nerd or something. The saddest thought of my life is the thought that I wont live to experience all the discoveries that are going to come in the future after I have died. I cant get around this. Unless I find some way to be immortal then I will never be able to know all there is to know, if thats ever possible.

I honestly think there are two possibilities when it comes to this. Either we will discover all there is to know because the fact that we can attain any knowledge leads us to think there is a set amount, or there is an unlimited amount of things to discover therefor we will never attain a complete knowledge of everything.

I cannot stand thinking that I wont be around to see all the discoveries and creations of the future. I am sure I'm not the only person this bothers. Every time someone mentions this to me I respond with "I'm never going to die." Knowing good and well that I will eventually, unless something outstanding happens. People ask me if I would actually choose to be immortal if given the opportunity and I answer without hesitation. I most definlitely would choose to be immortal if given the chance. I know I would have to live through all my loved ones deaths but that would be a sacrifice you would have to accept to live forever. I would be hurt tremendously but I would have to move on so I could experience and learn as much as is possible.

Maybe one day there will be a way to live forever but if its released to the public this would be a terrible thing. So many consequences come out of that.

Don't worry - there won't be any big great discovery. There will be a massive blackout soon for the entire earth. We will be going back to where we used to be, before electricity. There will be famine/hunger, killing smoke and the rain will stop for 3 consecutive years. You will be witnessing 2 great wars if you lived. And then if you survive that, there will be quite a long period of prosperity. And then if you are still alive by then, you might regret it because you'll be witnessing the cruelty of the most evil men ever lived on earth. And just before the end of the world, you'll realize, things are mostly the same as before. Human beings will still live on earth about 100 years (plus minus) AFTER the sun rises from the west. And then, if you are still alive by then, you will witness the 1st sound of the trumpet, from the angel. The stars will be falling, the earth will be shaking, the mountains will all come crumbling down, the seas will engulf you. I'm not sure which method of death you prefer, but by then, if you are still alive, you'd be hoping you had been dead a long time ago.

So you see, early death, is actually a blessing in disguise. Don't be too caught up in world material, that you forgot that you are not a human being having a spiritual experience, but you are a spiritual being having a human experience...

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Cerridwen

No. Thats all I can say to that. I do not need to hear about the revelations in the bible.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnknownKnower
reply to post by Cerridwen

No. Thats all I can say to that. I do not need to hear about the revelations in the bible.

Sorry, but those are not revelations from the bible. You took it wrongly. Your lost. Not mine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join