It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why still denying it?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

The problem with that is the people in power may simply keep the information from the public. Like most people think they are doing already. That wouldnt really surprise me, would it you?

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by UnknownKnower

Maybe.
Or maybe they're on scouting missions figure out if we're edible.

edit on 6/9/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnknownKnower
reply to post by TheomExperience

Now no offense but you have veered off track from where I was going. I didnt mean this to get into a philosophical discussion. I dont need others to think they are real for me to think so. I think they are but like said above theres no way for me to be 100% sure until they either walk right up to me and shake my hand or I see them for myself. I still THINK they are real regardless of what others think.

I think we are still on track. What you are doing here in my honest opinion is seeking approval to validate your beliefs. If your not 100% sure then the title of your thread is misleading to some. I mean no disrespect to you or your post i just see the transfer of energy and information and you fall into the manipulator category in that respect.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Very well put. I have a question for you, I think you might give an interesting answer. How do you think alien life began? Did they create us? Are we them? I am just curious about the most asked questions and I am sick of seeing these questions being asked on television and everyone tip toes around a direct answer. As if they are afraid to anger a certain crowd.

haha... Ya you won't find that issue with me...

I don't care who I piss off aside from the moderators

Really im not sure about this... I personally believe in evolution, but its also very possible we were "spawned"(for lack of a better word) here by an alien species... but then the question evolves as well...

What is the motivation of spawning a humanoid race on an entirely different planet?

That would be to say that we might be an "experiment"... which I don't buy...

Or perhaps that we are the remnant of a dying species... kinda like superman? Seems unlikely as well...

I find the bigger issue is that we as a species don't even really know about our own past... There is ancient civilizatons that are being discovered all over the place dating back farther and farther with each new discovery... so I don't see the point of speculating on the idea that aliens are always watching or even that they are here already...

I believe IF they were here, they would have announced themselves long ago... on the other hand maybe they've tried to... and our government has kept it secret... *shrug* who knows eh...

What I do know is that all governments of the world are corrupt... so I wouldn't put such a thing past any of them...

S&F by the way... always good to see new people asking good question

edit on 9-6-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

I am in no way looking for someone to affirm my beliefs. I just want to know others opinions. I will give you that the title is a little misleading and I did not mean it to be that way. I apologize.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
People like to call truth that which they can see, taste, touch, smell, or hear. Phenomenonological studies (interviewing people on subjective experiences) would likely not even do much for providing the type of evidence needed for this realization. Even people who see them convice themselves its something else in some cases. I believe it will take indisputable truth (using all senses to verify) because its huge; a game changer.

I believe in them and the only proof I need is to know we are not the center of the Universe in addition to having seen something once that I will never be able to explain. Hope it comes to pass in my lifetime - that the world does receive the proof they need.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Thanks for the S&F. I always like seeing that not everyone is as ignorant as the people I interact with on a daily basis. It seems that if I mention anything like this to anyone around me they write me off as stupid, crazy, or the devil. One question that stays in my head though is how will we ever be able to know whether or not they do exist or have been visiting? Our govts would most definitely not let us "the public" know because it would show that they are weak and we are not the most advanced. This would make them seem less superior to us. Not that we think of them in that aspect anyway just there grip on us as a whole would slowly falter. Sorry if I went off topic haha.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Interesting, would you care to describe what you have experienced to the best of your abilities? I am curious. If not that is fine.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

The problem with that is the people in power may simply keep the information from the public. Like most people think they are doing already. That wouldnt really surprise me, would it you?

Well I look at it this way:

In order to cross the vast distances of interstellar space that doesn't take tens of thousands of years, requires a space craft of enormous power and technology that is well ahead of anything we have. It would be power and tech that would make us look like drooling idiots.

As such, I really don't think there would be much any world power on this Earth could to to stop any alien species that has that power and tech that want to say hello to us, from saying hello to us.

We can sit here and speculate all we want about cover ups, government conspiracies, etc.

But when you think about it, do you really think that we could stop such an advanced race of beings from doing what they want?

More than likely not. I'm sure they look at the ISS and rate it about as well as we rate a lego toy a kid built.

So if they really are visiting us, but are not giving us a big hello, maybe it's because we're not ready.....or they don't care (do you stop by to say hello to ants on the ground?).

Or it might be that those unidentified things are not what some think they are.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Or maybe the aliens that are visiting are leaving it up to the world leaders to let the people know. Maybe they are respecting the decisions of the world leaders.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

I am in no way looking for someone to affirm my beliefs. I just want to know others opinions. I will give you that the title is a little misleading and I did not mean it to be that way. I apologize.

No need to apologize to me as i do enjoy your expression. Captured my attention and yes i believe in Aliens but i wouldn't even go further than that because its just an attitude i take knowing how big the universe actually is.
Got zero proof myself only a bunch of illusions to work with for now.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Our govts would most definitely not let us "the public" know because it would show that they are weak and we are not the most advanced. This would make them seem less superior to us.

Well I got some news for ya... We are not the most evolved beings on this planet...

Actually we are one of the least "evolved"... of course im not talking about evolution here, more of a spiritual evolution...

We as a species are a pathetic being... We need, we greed... we kill for no other reason but that someone with more money then us says its necessary... or out of fear... We Wreak havoc on the planet and all the inhabitants of it... and then we wonder why things are so messed up...

I figure if they are out there, and they want to be known... nothing will stop them... so don't worry about something that can't be changed...

The way I see it... IF they're out there watching us... They must be laughing their asses off...

I don't see why they would waste their time with us....

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

The universe being so large is what makes me so open to believing that aliens do exist. The universe outstandingly HUGE. Its unimaginable.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I am just an optimist when it comes to this lol. I like to think they would be hoping for us to change or at least give the ones who are trying to do their best a chance. Maybe they are only showing themselves to those who they think deserve to know. I know that makes it seem like they are choosing some of the wrong people because some of those who report seeing aliens or ufos are completely crazy. I think of it like this.

If we were going to a different planet and found life on that planet. How would we go about our interactions on that planet? I dont want to think we would seek and destroy which is most likely. Instead I like to think we would be patient and find those who seem to be the most easily convinced or the smartest. Not those in power.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
While I do think the universe must be teeming with intelligent life I see two big problems with them visiting earth.
1) The vastness of it all.
2) The time periods involved (got to be pretty lucky to all be in the same time scale.

Please OP show me the evidence that proves they are visiting.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Instead I like to think we would be patient and find those who seem to be the most easily convinced or the smartest.

Hover over a city in broad daylight at an altitude such that the craft doesn't look like a dot. That would convince just about everyone. Even me.

edit on 6/9/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I have no evidence that absolutely proves it because I have never actually had an experience. I am merely sticking with the probability and yes the likelihood that we exist in the same time period seems a bit unbelievable considering how long the universe may have existed. But if they existed before us I like to think they still do and are advanced enough to know if and where other life forms are.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Haha yea that'd probably do it for them. But we would overthink things like i just did. We would think to wait and not overwhelm a society.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Then what's the point of a few people knowing the "truth".
There are already quite enough who claim that. Doesn't seem to be working.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

The longer and more advanced any civilization exists the more chance they have of destroying themselves....look at us we have had the nuclear bomb for 70 years and how many times has nuclear war come close?

I have seen a UFO I would not say it was intelligent life but to this day I can not explain it.
I just think they If they have visited us really wouldn't be that interested in a hairless ape that happens to have intelligence.
Like phage said they have to do something pretty big to prove to me that they exist..like come down so I can shake their tentacle.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join