It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberate Iran!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   
If Bush continues this oil-grab policy, the rest of the world may get so pissed off that it may start opposing all US requests and boycott American products and services. An additional issue is that all current coalition forces will stop supporting Bush, as their leaders will not be re-elected. So the only partners will be Israel, Afghanistan and Iraq. To accommodate Israel, Mr. Bush may relocate all Palestinians to Iraq.

Mr. Bush must be rushing like hell to take over Iran, else the world political climate may no longer be favorable.

When Mr. Bush or Israel strikes Iran, there could be a major world event orchestrated to prevent China, Russia and the rest to engage in a war with the US.

Is this a cartoon or a possible scenario?

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I appreciate your post, but I believe this thread will just turn into a blurt about how big and tough the US is and how the rest of the world would crumble without it. While failing to mention the US needs the rest of the world more so.

Now that we have that out of the way, maybe you'll get some decent dialogue.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by WisdomMaster
When Mr. Bush or Israel strikes Iran, there could be a major world event orchestrated to prevent China, Russia and the rest to engage in a war with the US.

Is this a cartoon or a possible scenario?

There is nothing for China or Russia to gain from attacking the US, it's definatly a cartoon scenario.

Iran will proberly get its nuclear facility taken out but i doubt the US can afford to invade it.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I'm hoping that Bush will let others deal with Iran until we finish up in Iraq. I wouldn't mind the U.S. playing a small supportive role in Iran but for us to lead the way in there would not be good.

However the Iran situation pans out I find it doubtful that Russia would be involved in a war against the U.S. Even though Bush and Putin disagree at times, I think they have a good personal relationship and I believe that they know they are more powerful if they work together than if they work apart and are enemies.

Jemison

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Of course, we still have to protect the oil fields. But the Iraqi government may have enough soldiers to replace most of our troops. Provided we maintain bases in Iraq, the government will not dare to do anything gainst our will.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
there are to many of the these attack on iran topics
here.

and china might do something
if the US keeps attacking the countries with majour oil fields sincse their thurst for oil has risen alot

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by WisdomMaster
To accommodate Israel, Mr. Bush may relocate all Palestinians to Iraq.

Uhm... "Bush and whose armies" is the question that comes to mind. The Israelis can't budge them. Just how do you think that this is going to be accomplished? And do you really think they'll go quietly and not shriek and scream and start rebelling as they're suddenly deported to another country?

A modern "Trail of Tears" like when the Native Americans were resettled?

I think that right there your scenario runs into a HUGE problem.

Mr. Bush must be rushing like hell to take over Iran, else the world political climate may no longer be favorable.

I could see him doing this out of his own ego, but I'm not sure the military would support this. We don't have the troops for it.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I do agree that Iran being "liberated" is not in the best interests of Russia or China, but neither country would attack the US for only that reason. Russia and China might secretly (or perhaps openly, doubtful though) assist Iran if we were to cause trouble over there, but that's the most they would do, I believe. Neither Russia nor China wants the Middle East changed, the current situation in that part of the world is fine with them, and profitable.

If Iran would cause the US to conflict with nation besides Iran, it would probably cause a conflict with France, before Russia or China. France is the worlds peace keeper, they will assist Iran for the common good and attempt to keep the peace before China or Russia gets involved in any official sense.

Sooo..I sense American action in Iran would create political troubles and do more to damage Americas reputation, but wouldn't cause WW3 or anything. Your scenario is unlikely, in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Perhaps...

But my opinion is that China and Russia will not wait for us to control the oil price and decide who gets what and when.

Also, Russia will definitely want to avoid US troops at its borders!

I am sure there will be a massive global revolt against us and if it is not military, it could be financial. But I am kind of sure that no contry in the world will let the US put hands on Iran's Oil, just because if that happens, it's too late (for them)...

Other countries leaders are not stupid. Look at the coup in Venezuela, that's orchestrated by us... it's all about oil-grab. Other countries will stop us.

Or perhaps they will start a coalition to liberate oil rich countries from the liberator (new rome).

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Completely cartoon scenario. We don't have anymore money to attack another country unless its the size of Vermont or less. I have said it time and time again, Iran, when it does get its Nukes, will produce a few and stand back. They will not antagonize, they will not pre-empt an attack, they will just sit and wait for another country to dare to make a move.

Although Irans current leadership is obviously not very modern, they are not dumb ignorant and uneducated. They just want backup in order to protect themselves against illegal "aggressive search and siezures". It is too late now for anyone to do anything.

Israel destroyed Iraqs nuke facility because they had intelligence on them and knew for a fact without a doubt that they did not have even a prototype weapon. They have not and will not attack Iran for the same reason U.S. left North Korea alone, they were unsure and were not ready to take the chance. When your not sure and thye are saying they are in development then you can pretty much gaurantee there won't be an attack because whatever time they take to find out, the nation in question will surely have achieved the goal in question, thus safegaurding themselves against unwarranted enemy attack.

Bush has learned a few things in his four years in office regardless of what people have said. I assume we going to start hearing about Colombia and drugs again soon with a constant neverending feed of Iraq attacks for awhile.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Right now, the world can't afford to cut off America's economy. It's not Ameriwank, it's the simple fact that America is a major trading partner with a number of nations. You boycott America, we boycott you, and the world economy goes in to a tailspin. This includes the US's economy.

Nations would survive, yes, but they would be hit extremely hard.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I think we should keep this scenario as a cartoon one until jesus get sworn in the white house ( I mean bush) then we can see what his agenda is for the next 4 years, now Iran will fight back and he will plead his case in the UN, and when help will not come he will turn to china and russia for support.

And then we have to take in consideration that US as now does not have the resources to do a ground invation in Iran when Iraq is still uncontrolable.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Not going to happen, Iran will IMPLODE , we ahve no need.

As for Bush and the Palestinians, they will get there state IF and only if they stop the terror, now that Arafat is out of the way, this can happen. The odds are 50/50 though.

Iran invasion odds 1/10

Bush does not want the whole world no matter how much you hate him.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   

bodrul
if the US keeps attacking the countries with majour oil fields sincse their thurst for oil has risen alot

No, Americas "thirst" for oil hasn't risen a lot, the reason oil prices are Rising is because of other countries like China who now are useing far far more then they have being. So sorry, (this is to everyone) you cant just point your finger at bush for every event that transpires.

Also, Bodrul, i'm not a fan of your avatar, since I voted for him, and i'm far from dumb.

[edit on 7-11-2004 by Murcielago]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago

No, Americas "thirst" for oil hasn't risen a lot, the reason oil prices are Rising is because of other countries like China who now are useing far far more then they have being.
[edit on 7-11-2004 by Murcielago]

Sorry but the thirst for oil in US is as much or more than china.

Poweful countries can not allowed the third world countries that hold the power of oil get away with control of it.

US will try to take Iran.

Who holds the oil owns the world, or do you rather want the poor third countries in the middle east tell US to go and find oil somewhere else.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   

marg6043
Sorry but the thirst for oil in US is as much or more than china.

I know that, what i'm saying is that China's oil demand is rising much faster then America's, Currently Yes, America uses more oil then China, but with them growing Technologicaly comes more vehicles on their roads, and with a huge population it wont be long until they surpase America's oil consumption.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
If the US goes to war with Russia everyone is going to be loser. The Cold War may be over but MAD is still in effect. Oil isnt much good in a nuclear winter.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Oh gee let's see China , Russia and many other countries would have no
use for our grain and certainly not for our massive stockpile of oil,
and then again maybe they wouldn't gain anything by taking over our factories
and again I don't think there would be any gains in knowing our military secrets.

I have to disagree that the other powers in the world have nothing to gain
should they decide to attack us. In fact I think that just the sheer land mass alone is a good enough reason say for China...... to attack....in fact China could use both the land and the Oil reserve.

geo

[edit on 11/8/2004 by geocom]

new topics

top topics

join